Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Dec 2021, 12:29 (Ref:4091429)   #326
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
The cars were only sent out to make sure they did not have to pay they the fans back.

If the safety was the one only thing the cars would have stayed inside, and the race would have been cancelled, or postponed.

The token lap behind the safety car was meant to screw the fans, and that it surely did.
Old 27 Dec 2021, 15:32 (Ref:4091443)   #327
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
The token lap behind the safety car was meant to screw the fans, and that it surely did.
This seemed pretty obvious to me, thus rendering what might have been legitimate, wholly illegitimate in my eyes.
Old 27 Dec 2021, 16:31 (Ref:4091450)   #328
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
more unpopular opinions from me but i love to see people head outdoors with proper gear and thats what i saw at this GP. i would have to think that anyone who planned that well knew that weather could very well have a major effect on how their weekend played out yet still they went....which is really awesome of them when you think about it but also acknowledgment that they knew the risks they were taking when they left their front doors'.

i certainly dont think of them as victims anyways. actually a bit envious of their dedication to be honest.

im from winnipeg though (location checks out) and weather plays a major role in our daily lives here so i guess i look at this differently.

dont worry though...all races will be computer generated simulations soon enough and i suspect, if you are willing to pay extra, then you can also get the season ending you desire as well!
Old 27 Dec 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4091453)   #329
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
more unpopular opinions from me but i love to see people head outdoors with proper gear and thats what i saw at this GP. i would have to think that anyone who planned that well knew that weather could very well have a major effect on how their weekend played out yet still they went....which is really awesome of them when you think about it but also acknowledgment that they knew the risks they were taking when they left their front doors'.

i certainly dont think of them as victims anyways. actually a bit envious of their dedication to be honest.
I don't disagree with this, just the disingenuous manner in which the race was started....
Old 27 Dec 2021, 19:02 (Ref:4091466)   #330
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
dont worry though...all races will be computer generated simulations soon enough and i suspect, if you are willing to pay extra, then you can also get the season ending you desire as well!
Sorrowfully, 'closer to reality than not I'm afraid.......

jimclark
Old 27 Dec 2021, 19:07 (Ref:4091469)   #331
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
i would have to think that anyone who planned that well knew that weather could very well have a major effect on how their weekend played out yet still they went....which is really awesome of them when you think about it but also acknowledgment that they knew the risks they were taking when they left their front doors'.
I also agree that motorsport take place outdoors and anyone travelling to an event knows the risks. Especially at Spa.

That said, there is an expectation of some refund if literally no racing happens. At Spa there was literally no racing, there were instead just enough fake laps for F1 to declare a race and the fans to get screwed. Had the race been entirely abandoned on safety grounds or at least some serious attempt made to run it, I doubt there would be the same bad taste.
Old 27 Dec 2021, 19:24 (Ref:4091477)   #332
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is a lot of focus on the F1 race as being the only track action of the day / weekend. Can someone please remind me - did all support races get cancelled too?

The event (to which tickets are sold) is more than just the Sunday F1 race. Although I accept for most, the F1 race is the only track action they are interested in.
Old 27 Dec 2021, 19:41 (Ref:4091481)   #333
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I also agree that motorsport take place outdoors and anyone travelling to an event knows the risks. Especially at Spa.

That said, there is an expectation of some refund if literally no racing happens. At Spa there was literally no racing, there were instead just enough fake laps for F1 to declare a race and the fans to get screwed. Had the race been entirely abandoned on safety grounds or at least some serious attempt made to run it, I doubt there would be the same bad taste.
Exactly right.
Old 6 Apr 2022, 18:25 (Ref:4105556)   #334
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvZmxm4wj_g

Quite significant work being done on the track.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.