Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Oct 2008, 05:54 (Ref:2314414)   #51
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
They still do.Its Tour Auto.The last Patrick Peter Ventoux event concentrated solely on the Hillclimb.A chance to do a proper European style event.Basic idea is Spa but much longer laid out on the side of a mountain in Southern France.Race cars other than UK type hillclimb jobs.Very historic as Jim Clark did it a few times in F1 cars and I seem to remember the Indy Lotus
Old 19 Oct 2008, 11:39 (Ref:2315827)   #52
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasted
I have not fully understood what The Circuit of Mont Ventoux is intended to be. The website hints at dashing back down the mountain ( by a different route) as well as dashing up it! Is it not being run on a rally permit?
It also refers to Co-drivers. It sounds like one of the "Ronde" type events that the French used to organise in the 70`s & 80`s. What started as a special stage event with link sections simply developed into an out and out road race. Could be fantastic. Where are the single seaters going to put their pace notes?
Search for Mont Ventoux on the internet. You will find that is has basically two access roads. one coming from Bedoin which will be used as the climb. It is about 19 km long, no pace notes needed though. From the top the road goes continues to a place called Malaucene and from there it is easy to go back to Bedouin. It is likely that they will use that Malaucene road for returning the cars, so they won't have to drive back the same way they came.
The Mont Ventoux Hillclimb used to be part of the European Championships that were popular during the 60ties, with drivers like Gerhard Mitter and Ludovico Scarfiotti. Other races included the Schauinsland Rennen in the German Black Forest and the climb to Sestriere in the Italian Alps.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2315871)   #53
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Malaucene has a fantastic restaurant just off of the market square,Ventoux used to be incorperated in the Monte,lots of pictures with Jack Sears in an MGA,Peter Riley in a Healey etc.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 18:04 (Ref:2316852)   #54
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Pau Weekend 25/5

Ventoux Weekend 5/6

Also new event Gaasted Rally
Old 20 Oct 2008, 18:27 (Ref:2316875)   #55
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
John, you mean Pau is 22/23/24 May?
Old 20 Oct 2008, 19:07 (Ref:2316906)   #56
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Yes,Just seeing if you were paying attention

If there is a Chomley next year it could be last weekend in May,decision pending.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2316931)   #57
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Pau Weekend 25/5

Ventoux Weekend 5/6

Also new event Gaasted Rally

Ventoux would be a fantastic weekend,bit of a treck but not much difference to Richard.
Old 20 Oct 2008, 19:53 (Ref:2316944)   #58
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

At least 100ks shorter!
Old 3 Nov 2008, 13:07 (Ref:2326938)   #59
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
E1600 minimum now to race there, guys! (E1300 for some races)

A shame. I enjoyed my times at Pau a lot. But perhaps inevitable under the new organisation regime.
Old 6 Nov 2008, 20:18 (Ref:2329664)   #60
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Horsman
E1600 minimum now to race there, guys! (E1300 for some races)

A shame. I enjoyed my times at Pau a lot. But perhaps inevitable under the new organisation regime.
Yep thats what we heard at Paul Ricard. For that money i would want a lot of sunshine and no rain. Cant see any of my customers paying that amount of entry fee money.Great shame.
Old 7 Nov 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2329847)   #61
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I cant help but feel that this will be one of several historic motor racing casualties in this recession
Old 8 Nov 2008, 21:16 (Ref:2330799)   #62
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its certainly a funny time to be significantly raising your prices.
Old 9 Nov 2008, 14:52 (Ref:2331043)   #63
French Historic Driver
Rookie

French Historic Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I know, the GP de Pau Historique next year will be mainly for singleseaters, with only one grid for pre 66 Gts.
Entry fee is from 1300 to 1700 €, Peter organisation...
Hope he can avoid bad weather, and red flags at 75 % of the race as we had in the past !
Old 9 Nov 2008, 16:28 (Ref:2331075)   #64
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ive been lucky to race at Pau a few times and have had a lot of fun. I wanted to race my 793 March sometime there but if thats the entry fee its sadly not going to happen.