Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Oct 2003, 20:29 (Ref:746689)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2004 Riley & Scott LMP1????

I was surfing some topics in sportcars on theracesite and saw this comment that allegedly was in motorsport in September:

"Riley still hopes to put together a program to build a 2004 spec LMP-1 that can run at Le Mans and in the ALMS. "We'll know in the next two months or so whether it will happen," he says"

Did anyone see this story or read this as part of any other news items on other racing sites????

This is the very first I have heard about this, and it is a month old...

Since Matthews Racing hasn't seemed to surface or make known any plans for next year after selling the R&S MkIIIc to Intersport, is it possible that he is looking for sponsors and partners to work again with R&S on a new prototype???? (That seems like a big stretch, but others who have worked with Riley & Scott in the past, like Dyson, seem to have their cars already lined up via 2003 specs equipment...)

About a week ago, Mr. Riley was kind enough to comment on Marc Goossens in another thread....

If you do see this, we sure would be interested in knowing whether or not this is at least a possibility ( a possible R&S 2004 LMP-1...not the Matthews speculation) or if this is just one of the various rumors that seems to fly around....

If you can't comment at this time, we would certainly understand....but if you would simply let us know that you can't comment (no need to say why), we'd appreciate that, too....

At least that would tell us to keep our eyes and ears open, and give R&S fans like me GREAT HOPE of a possible new R&S prototype that will be built to 2004 specs...

Thanks!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 10 Oct 2003, 21:09 (Ref:746712)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Huh, I found the comment in the discussion thread you mention, but can't find the source on motorsport.com (9/12 apparently?).

Tim, can you locate it?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 10 Oct 2003, 21:28 (Ref:746723)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I couldn't find it in motorsport, either....

that's why I stated "allegedly"....

Unless it's part of some other story, or I'm:

blind

stupid

or both...

that's why I asked if anyone had seen anything on it, on that site or any others...

Since Mr. Riley apparently does check this site periodically (I assume, since he commented last week on Marc Goossens), i would hope he would see it and possibly comment...

I felt it was worth a thread to find out....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 10 Oct 2003, 22:59 (Ref:746795)   #4
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R&S would have built a LMP1 spec car if someone came up with the money to back them... Nobody did. So they are focusing on the car's they can sell, DP's.

Or so one of the R&S engineer's said on the DSC forum about a month ago.
Old 10 Oct 2003, 23:10 (Ref:746805)   #5
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's the thread- http://www.dailysportscar.net/dailys...r=asc&start=20
Old 11 Oct 2003, 13:13 (Ref:747216)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Let's hope the Daytona Prototypes will become populair in the US so they sell a lott of DP's. With this money they can build a LMP1 spec. car.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 08:22 (Ref:747919)   #7
panoz.lmp1
Veteran

Germany
Germany
panoz.lmp1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
Let's hope the Daytona Prototypes will become populair in the US so they sell a lott of DP's. With this money they can build a LMP1 spec. car.
But with a lot of DP the GA should be stronger than the ALMS an no one needs LMP1s But if this happens the NASCAR will not longer spend money to the GA and the GA felt down too.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 09:45 (Ref:748040)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
You're so pessimistic : you forget the passion men could put in the stuff !
Old 12 Oct 2003, 10:48 (Ref:748111)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by panoz.lmp1
But with a lot of DP the GA should be stronger than the ALMS an no one needs LMP1s.
In Europe we can use some extra proto's.