Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Oct 2020, 18:52 (Ref:4012954)   #176
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There isn’t any “anti-sutton’ sentiment, but some here are able to appreciate, and even prefer to watch drivers who act professionally and drive quickly and cleanly on track.

It is good to see drivers & teams succeed because of ability and hard work, not from driving tactics more suited to Arena Essex and similar venues.
Old 25 Oct 2020, 18:55 (Ref:4012957)   #177
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
After a nightmare by his standards at Croft, Colin really nailed it this weekend. Two wins and more importantly outscoring all his main rivals in all three races was just what he needed to do. However Sutton collected enough points to keep him within reaching distance.

Cammish and Tingram did well to keep their hopes alive. It’s not great, but if they just go for it at Brands, who knows? We all remember 2013 when AJ looked set to win the title in R2, then had that incident kept it still alive for R3. Just a shame Butcher is out of it
Old 25 Oct 2020, 18:59 (Ref:4012958)   #178
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great win by OJ, he really has come on strong this season
Old 25 Oct 2020, 19:29 (Ref:4012965)   #179
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was nothing in the Smiley/Turkington and I can remember clearly Smiley making life very difficult for Turkington in one race towards the end of last season. Sutton has a tendency to talk quite strongly after a race, but calm down after the dust has settled.

I can’t see there being any kind of further action taken against Butcher or Sutton as they didn’t do anything wrong really. There won’t be any further action taken against Cammish because he drives a black and orange Honda.

The reality is that Turkington and Sutton are on a different level to anyone else on the grid. Take away all the performance-equalising measures in the BTCC and they would be untouchable. The differing styles are fascinating. Turkington is very measured, very clean, immaculately tidy, but knows when he has to go out all guns blazing. Sutton has his car set up on the ragged edge, partially because he’s never had a properly decent car in the BTCC and he needs to be on the limit and beyond at all times and partially because that’s just his style. He is very hot headed at times and showed that more at Croft. He managed to keep a lid on it a bit more this weekend as he surely recognised the importance of banking points and staying within touching distance. He is very similar to Plato as his racing instincts clearly push him to take more risks to win races than play the more patient game most of the time.

I also think Jake Hill is a star and would love to see him get the backing to get a drive in a decent car at some point. He’s always had to work miracles in absolute dogs of cars. The FK2 was a front-running car, but it’s had it’s day now and for him to achieve some great results in that godawful Audi was a minor miracle.

Anything can happen at Brands Hatch, but I’d have Sutton as the favourite to win as things stand.
Old 25 Oct 2020, 20:16 (Ref:4012974)   #180
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Butcher given a strike for the contact with Ingram.

https://t.co/UDU6XmuuzF
Old 25 Oct 2020, 20:18 (Ref:4012976)   #181
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Pleased for Jackson, didn't expect him to win again so quickly, especially after finishing race 1 outside the top 20!

Rivett was a bit underwhelming, hopefully the Audis back on the pace with Thompson at Brands.

Not sure what's going on with Chilton, you certainly wouldn't expect Crees to outpace him. Can't see him staying at BTC next year.
Turbo issue apparently but yeah I agree all he seems to have done all season is defend. Car seems to be a bit of a dog
Old 25 Oct 2020, 20:22 (Ref:4012980)   #182
S griffin
Veteran

It was good to see Crees getting some good points after two race meetings of nothing, but bad luck. Also shame what happened to Moffat, but at least he got points in R3
Old 25 Oct 2020, 20:28 (Ref:4012985)   #183
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm more and more disappointed by Sam Osborne. He's kinda nowhere this season, be that issues, incidents, lack of pace, whatever, but after first weekend of the season I hoped for much more from him.
Old 25 Oct 2020, 20:37 (Ref:4012991)   #184
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and it's amaizing that now Olie Jackson is firmly on the pace, Butcher was from the beginning, meanwhile Neate in same car hangs around at the bang , speakes volumes

meawhile congrats to Jess HAWKINS , she actually outscored Jade Edwards in Jack Sears Trophy, poor Bobby Thomson but he still has chances to clinch it

Last edited by porsche962fan; 25 Oct 2020 at 20:42.
Old 25 Oct 2020, 20:39 (Ref:4012992)   #185
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Turbo issue apparently but yeah I agree all he seems to have done all season is defend. Car seems to be a bit of a dog
Shame, seems to be a new issue every week. BTC I think have to be the biggest disappointment this year, was really hoping Cook would in be the running again, but yeah don't seem to have the pace in the car this year (Croft aside, didn't realise he has 3 wins actually.)
Old 25 Oct 2020, 20:41 (Ref:4012995)   #186
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
poor Booby Thomson
Hope they don't spell it like that on the trophy!
Old 25 Oct 2020, 20:43 (Ref:4012998)   #187
porsche962fan
Veteran

fixed it
Old 25 Oct 2020, 20:43 (Ref:4012999)   #188
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I'm more and more disappointed by Sam Osborne. He's kinda nowhere this season, be that issues, incidents, lack of pace, whatever, but after first weekend of the season I hoped for much more from him.
Yeah, he was never that brilliant in Clio Cup, but after race 1 thought he might have a decent year. Would love to see 'Booby Thomson' in the Civic next year (or whatever AmD are running) but I assume Osborne brings a lot of money with the Wera / Tool Maniac sponsorship.
Old 25 Oct 2020, 20:50 (Ref:4013002)   #189
porsche962fan
Veteran

and poor Jack Goff, a few seasons ago title contender in the Civic and now wonders at the back with the likes of Neate, Rob Austin in his one off gathered more points than him
Old 25 Oct 2020, 21:24 (Ref:4013010)   #190
Jay87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Shame, seems to be a new issue every week. BTC I think have to be the biggest disappointment this year, was really hoping Cook would in be the running again, but yeah don't seem to have the pace in the car this year (Croft aside, didn't realise he has 3 wins actually.)
Btc have definitely been a massive disappointment, cook has shown occasional pace with no weight in it but apart from that they are nowhere near. Let down by reliability a lot as well which is a shame because I rate both cook and Chilton and they could have both had a shot this year with a better car
Old 25 Oct 2020, 21:26 (Ref:4013011)   #191
Jay87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Yeah he is miles from hill's pace but only in his second season and can't judge him on the first one as the mg was miles off the pace
Old 25 Oct 2020, 21:29 (Ref:4013013)   #192
S griffin
Veteran

Osbourne has gone off the boil after a great opening weekend at Donny. Still at least his team mate Hill has continued to be on great form now they've got their mechanical issues sorted out. Was maybe a bit too nice in letting Tingram back through in R1 for what was a fair move, but at least he says he won't do that again
Old 25 Oct 2020, 21:47 (Ref:4013021)   #193
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Btc have definitely been a massive disappointment, cook has shown occasional pace with no weight in it but apart from that they are nowhere near. Let down by reliability a lot as well which is a shame because I rate both cook and Chilton and they could have both had a shot this year with a better car
I agree with you and everyone else who feels that way.

The Honda drivers in general have been somewhat disappointing this year, with the possible exception of Cammish and more recently Hill, though Cook has had more than his fair share of bad luck.
Old 25 Oct 2020, 21:59 (Ref:4013027)   #194
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
and it's amaizing that now Olie Jackson is firmly on the pace, Butcher was from the beginning, meanwhile Neate in same car hangs around at the bang , speakes volumes

meawhile congrats to Jess HAWKINS , she actually outscored Jade Edwards in Jack Sears Trophy, poor Bobby Thomson but he still has chances to clinch it
In fairness to Neate we seem to have reverted to the new calm driving sensibly and knowing his limits Andy Neate.

Hope his head is in a better place and stays there!
Old 25 Oct 2020, 22:10 (Ref:4013029)   #195
Jay87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
I agree with you and everyone else who feels that way.

The Honda drivers in general have been somewhat disappointing this year, with the possible exception of Cammish and more recently Hill, though Cook has had more than his fair share of bad luck.
A lot of bad luck with both incidents and reliability for both cook and hill but that has enabled them both to carry no weight and look fast. Seems apart from cammish none of them can carry weight and still be quick enough to compete
Old 26 Oct 2020, 07:58 (Ref:4013107)   #196
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Such an underwhelming end of a touring car career for Matt Neal if it is the end.
Old 26 Oct 2020, 09:44 (Ref:4013130)   #197
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A lot of bad luck with both incidents and reliability for both cook and hill but that has enabled them both to carry no weight and look fast. Seems apart from cammish none of them can carry weight and still be quick enough to compete
That is true. I certainly would have expected more winners though, we've only had 9, the lowest since 2013.

Hope the Dynamics Hondas can pull something out of the bag at Brands, especially Neal, he's clearly desperate for one last win if his manoeuvre on Cook at Croft was anything to go by.
Old 26 Oct 2020, 10:11 (Ref:4013137)   #198
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Chilton is quietly racking up points by finishing consistently.

Snetterton was a disaster for him, but before this weekend he'd only failed to score in one race.

And he's still ahead of Cook.
Old 26 Oct 2020, 13:26 (Ref:4013192)   #199
porsche962fan
Veteran

must be frustrating for him seeing the team he left last year doing much better than his current team
Old 26 Oct 2020, 13:30 (Ref:4013195)   #200
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
must be frustrating for him seeing the team he left last year doing much better than his current team
Are they really though - there is only 21 points between the two teams in the standings, and most of that is the difference between Butcher's scores and his own.

I would say that it is Butcher who is doing much better than he is at the moment - not the teams. Compare Crees and Neate in the Jack Sears and it looks like the other way round in terms of which team is doing better....