Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Jun 2013, 08:21 (Ref:3271530)   #126
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
They were there last year too. Was it something to do with hospitality in/around the old perch?
Yes, the top floors(s) of T18, which were the location of the old TV/radio booths, are now Audi hospitality.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3271601)   #127
chrisgr31
Racer

chrisgr31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhh thanks for the answers. I missed last years race due to the in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. My arguments that I didn't go to the wedding and therefore shouldn't go to the wedding anniversary weren't accepted!
Old 30 Apr 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3400127)   #128
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i hope you lot our listening to MWM our old friend Sam is the guest
Old 30 Apr 2014, 22:45 (Ref:3400182)   #129
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Have lined up the podcast for tomorrow's drive down to Spa (as well, obviously, as Herwig's work on the Marne, which just seemed appropriate).
Old 1 May 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3400301)   #130
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i hope you lot our listening to MWM our old friend Sam is the guest
I downloaded the podcast this morning but I have not had chance to list to it yet. But Sam is a regular guest, I do enjoy his insights.
Old 1 May 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3400549)   #131
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
See if this works:

https://soundcloud.com/user706908965/9-23-10-611-pm

My name is Scott, my wife is Amanda and our dogs are Zoey and Tony.

Last edited by ATLFalconsFAN; 1 May 2014 at 23:18.
Old 2 May 2014, 08:56 (Ref:3400659)   #132
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Currently listening to the chat from Spa, news about the new Nissan LMP1
Old 2 May 2014, 12:08 (Ref:3400719)   #133
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Live FP2 on RLM now
Old 2 May 2014, 20:14 (Ref:3400933)   #134
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Currently listening to the chat from Spa, news about the new Nissan LMP1

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112085
Old 2 May 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3400934)   #135
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Ben Bowlby involved, so another. Delta Wing like car?
Old 2 May 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3400936)   #136
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Powerplant craziness! http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...amme-for-2015/
Old 2 May 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3400941)   #137
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The article also confirms the nissan lmp1 programme
Old 2 May 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3400947)   #138
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The article also confirms the nissan lmp1 programme
No it doesn't, nowhere in that press release does Cox actually even mention it. Sam just added the line there.

Autosport had similar article few months ago where the title spoke of full official confirmation and commitment, but when you read what Cox actually said along the PR lines was "we are hoping" ie nothing at all

I only believe when they stop using riddles and half-promises and "plans" but actually come up with actual undeniable confirmation

edit: I see that article is from January and recycle from that same thing, so nothing new
Old 2 May 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3400949)   #139
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
No it doesn't, nowhere in that PR filled press release does Cox actually even mention it. Sam just added the line there.

Autosport had similar article few months ago where the title spoke of full official confirmation and commitment, but when you read what Cox actually said was "we are hoping" ie nothing at all

I only believe when they stop using making riddles and half-promises and "plans" and actually come up with actual undeniable confirmation
I think MulsanneMike would disagree.

https://twitter.com/mulsannescorner/...06226421231616

I'd go on that, it's the closest we actually get to insider information. Sounds like the project is actually underway, but they keep delaying announcements to build up the PR hype. And the "undeniable confirmation" will probably be announced around Le Mans, all big sportscar announcements center around Le Mans week.

Right, this is probably far enough off-topic, bringing it back on: if there's a Nissan announcement at Le Mans, you can be sure it'll either be on Radio Le Mans or Hindy will be MC-ing it at the track (as he did with the ZEOD reveal last year, I was there).
Old 2 May 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3400954)   #140
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"According to industry rumor"

If this was any other manufacturer I would get excited but in the midst of all of their PR propaganda it's kinda hard to believe in anything, even otherwise pretty thrustworthy sources.

Anyway I'll of course be glad if they announce it (as long as it doesn't mean their fishing for more desirable rules worked and ACO bended regs for their direction) but until then I'm skeptical, for good reasons
Old 5 Jun 2014, 14:20 (Ref:3415752)   #141
Deleted
Veteran

First traditional class preview today at 8PM BST, LMGTE. LMP2 is tomorrow and P1 on Saturday

Also from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Does anyone know if Radio Le Mans will be commentating on the WEC stream? They would be fools to pick otherwise! RLM is hands down the best commentating bunch in sportscar racing.
NO.

http://radiolemans.0157.org/content/...2014-streaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hindhaugh
Also just to remind everyone the Radio Le Mans LM24 audio is not on any of the Apps.
So clearly there have been some backdoor fighting going on seeing as ACO announced RLM as the english service for the streams at Silverstone (and indeed Silverstone+Spa had that audio) but at ELMS Imola they were replaced by Andrew Marriot's boring solo clarinet. Also even if you could argue that LM having separate feed would mean that RLM simply was never supposed to be part of it is wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hindhaugh
As we have mentioned elsewhere, from WEC Cota radiolemans.com will go back to producing a radio specific audio feed available exclusively via our website. This coverage will remain free to air.

Last edited by Deleted; 5 Jun 2014 at 14:26.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 14:29 (Ref:3415759)   #142
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Be interesting to know what's gone on there.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3415789)   #143
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
My guess is it was always the intention to kindly nerf RLM out of the way in time for the 2015 WEC, but the wrangles over the pay stream accelerated this somewhat.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 16:16 (Ref:3415794)   #144
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
My guess is it was always the intention to kindly nerf RLM out of the way in time for the 2015 WEC
I'm not sure I follow?
Old 5 Jun 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3415818)   #145
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's also the strange use of the word "lending" (their apostrophes) to describe the WEC using their content (from that link above)
Old 5 Jun 2014, 17:10 (Ref:3415822)   #146
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I'm not sure I follow?
When the pay stream surfaced and it wasn't on DM (i.e. brought in-house) I thought the FIA/ACO would want to be in charge of everything to do with streaming themselves. That would include commentary, and I don't think they'd be comfortable hiring RLM long-term when they have always made a point of providing free-to-air broadcasts.

Then the ****storm happened, some RLM members/affiliates made their feelings known and Neveu suddenly decided that the WEC needed to sound less Mackem....
Old 5 Jun 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3415910)   #147
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
When the pay stream surfaced and it wasn't on DM (i.e. brought in-house) I thought the FIA/ACO would want to be in charge of everything to do with streaming themselves. That would include commentary, and I don't think they'd be comfortable hiring RLM long-term when they have always made a point of providing free-to-air broadcasts.

Then the ****storm happened, some RLM members/affiliates made their feelings known and Neveu suddenly decided that the WEC needed to sound less Mackem....
You literally could not be more wrong!
Old 5 Jun 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3415911)   #148
Deleted
Veteran

Well, when there are no answers provided there is always gonna be speculation, which shouldn't come as shock to anyone.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3415912)   #149
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
You literally could not be more wrong!
Thanks for that Graham! (Really, I'm glad to be wrong about this)

I guess this is a change we just won't find out about? It is unusual and there's no information coming, so sorry if this offends you/RLM but people are going to speculate ...

Last edited by J Jay; 5 Jun 2014 at 20:12.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 07:27 (Ref:3416063)   #150
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe the ACO wanted RLM on the WEC pay stream but that doesn't fit with the RLM FTA ethos? I dunno.

It's bloody annoying though.