Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 18 Aug 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4067354)   #1951
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
At least it looks like the world feed will be available again on Eurosport Player for people watching that way. Albeit the thumbnail seems to be for ETCR currently which is a bit random.

Was a life-saver last year and would be my audio preference over a Trussers-less RLM.
Is this the one without comms?
Old 18 Aug 2021, 09:39 (Ref:4067358)   #1952
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mine had comms last year but I ran the RLM commentary from my laptop through my guitar amp and had the TV on mute.....
Old 18 Aug 2021, 09:39 (Ref:4067357)   #1953
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Is this the one without comms?
Yes, one feed with multiple audio tracks. Every WEC race this year has had this option.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 09:39 (Ref:4067359)   #1954
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Yes, one feed with multiple audio tracks. Every WEC race this year has had it.
That'll be a lot better.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4067422)   #1955
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has anyone bougth the LM race pack on FIA WEC site?
I just did it but no streaming of FP1 and no info if Q and hyperpole sessions will be available...
Old 18 Aug 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4067427)   #1956
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There is no streaming of FP1 anywhere.... I understand the app will stream everything else.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 14:34 (Ref:4067444)   #1957
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Re: the free motortrendondemand trial - use a different email address, credit card doesn't matter. I will usually make up email addresses for various races. bahrain50kfans at gmail dot com. That kind of thing.

Though the last few years I wait for the Christmas 50% off sale. Still need a new email, but $25 annual is a really good deal for wec, vln, supercar, all Top gear, and Wheeler Dealers.

I vaguely recall motortrend also having the no comms feed, but can't remember. This year it appears there's enough decent talent to keep Martin Haven from saying too many silly things.

Also I'm sure this will be discussed in the race thread throughout, but for timing I know there's a few decent options beyond the standard wec provided timing. If you use Chrome as your internet browser, there used to be an extension called timing for no race in particular. Or something like that. If you navigate to wec timing in chrome with the extension on, it'll automatically flip to the traditional alkamel format. However I don't think you can add delay to sync up with pictures/commentary sources.

If you're on a desktop/laptop, you can download the alkamel app directly to your computer. There may be an option in the preferences to view some things. All the features will be present in this method - delay, choose columns, etc.

Last edited by seanyb505; 18 Aug 2021 at 14:44. Reason: added live timing info
Old 18 Aug 2021, 15:52 (Ref:4067465)   #1958
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hmmm, I might be in business. Right now I'm looking at live timing for the Fun Cup on Alkamel..... (89 cars - blimey!)

Best time - 5:04.752....

Can anyone else see live timing from Alkamel? I won't put anything up yet. I'll try it at the start of qually. (The you'll all tell me that you've had it all along...).
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 Aug 2021 at 16:03.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 16:20 (Ref:4067469)   #1959
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone have a link for a stream?
Old 18 Aug 2021, 16:22 (Ref:4067470)   #1960
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm going to be on Eurosport Player.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4067479)   #1961
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post

If you're on a desktop/laptop, you can download the alkamel app directly to your computer. There may be an option in the preferences to view some things. All the features will be present in this method - delay, choose columns, etc.
How do you get the alkamel app? I couldn't find it.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 17:00 (Ref:4067483)   #1962
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My other son (the one who's not at the track) has just got a 7 day free trial of Eurosport Player...
Old 18 Aug 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4067484)   #1963
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
How do you get the alkamel app? I couldn't find it.
My Alkamel link isn't working.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 17:02 (Ref:4067485)   #1964
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
My Alkamel link isn't working.
I noticed it didn't work during other WEC races, but thought it was worth a shot!
Old 18 Aug 2021, 17:07 (Ref:4067489)   #1965
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, disappointing!
Old 18 Aug 2021, 17:08 (Ref:4067492)   #1966
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
WEC's official English language stream has almost no sound in the right channel. I tweeted at WEC and Graham Goodwin. Hopefully someone notices before the end of the session.
Interestingly, other streams, including one with French commentary, are fine.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 18:09 (Ref:4067536)   #1967
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Man I can't remember how I downloaded alkamel directly to my laptop. Quick poking while at work didn't show anything obvious. I'll try to look again tonight.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4067538)   #1968
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
It's not an Alkamel app, it is a desktop app of this 3rd party timing site (which used to work until it cought the attention of WEC/Alkamel), and now WEC is only included in the desktop app.

https://www.timing71.org/download

Install and enable the super secret option (literally) in the settings.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4067541)   #1969
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
I literally just came across your post from last year haha.

Good work, and thanks for keeping good info near the surface!
Old 18 Aug 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4067542)   #1970
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Also, the official timing is now decent and has sector times.

https://live.fiawec.com/en/live

You just need to register/login (fiawec.com account) and then you can enable the "expert mode".
Old 18 Aug 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4067544)   #1971
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
It's not an Alkamel app, it is a desktop app of this 3rd party timing site (which used to work until it cought the attention of WEC/Alkamel), and now WEC is only included in the desktop app.

This is what I was looking for. I used this last year, not Alkamel. I've installed the secret doodat but don't remember what to do from there....
Old 18 Aug 2021, 18:28 (Ref:4067546)   #1972
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I am told (by G4J in the race week thread) that I should be able to select ambient sound on Eurosport Player. But I've tried it 7-8 times and it just doesn't work. I have the choice between ambient, English and Norwegian (!), but it just seems to default to the English commentary that I don't want. Can anyone else help?
Old 18 Aug 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4067552)   #1973
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I am told (by G4J in the race week thread) that I should be able to select ambient sound on Eurosport Player. But I've tried it 7-8 times and it just doesn't work. I have the choice between ambient, English and Norwegian (!), but it just seems to default to the English commentary that I don't want. Can anyone else help?
Just tried it on my pc and it works perfectly. Must be something to do with my TV, so I might route my laptop to the TV for the next session.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 18:45 (Ref:4067555)   #1974
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
This is what I was looking for. I used this last year, not Alkamel. I've installed the secret doodat but don't remember what to do from there....
Then just click the session on the main page, which is greyed out and as if it was locked.
Old 18 Aug 2021, 18:48 (Ref:4067557)   #1975
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

Thanks, I will give that a shot for the next session.