Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Jul 2018, 13:21 (Ref:3837687)   #76
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spent the morning wandering the paddocks and garages. Only one piece of tape/barrier blocking the public in one small section of the Wing garage, cheers Classic Lotus
Some lovely cars about, walked 6 miles so far and that is with using buses to and from the Wing.
Time to go watch some cars on track.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 14:16 (Ref:3837694)   #77
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
67 quid tomorrow

Thats all I need to say.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 15:31 (Ref:3837697)   #78
v jones
Rookie

v jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
67 quid tomorrow

Thats all I need to say.
Same price as a premier league football match,good value for a day!
Old 20 Jul 2018, 18:04 (Ref:3837708)   #79
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Full waterproofs, what is it with the Classic and Friday.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3837710)   #80
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
It always rains when we do Marshal BBQ. Grrrrrr
Old 20 Jul 2018, 18:15 (Ref:3837712)   #81
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sunshine up in God's country (as usual).
Old 20 Jul 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3837721)   #82
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
67 quid tomorrow

Thats all I need to say.
You won't be missed. Of course if you were to show a modicum of enthusiasm and stop bloody well complaining, you might have been offered a ticket. I notice you didn't respond to my post where I was offering a couple.

Apologies to the more sensible people on this forum but some people just don't deserve politeness.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 19:43 (Ref:3837722)   #83
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
It always rains when we do Marshal BBQ. Grrrrrr
And it's always fun.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3837730)   #84
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Sunshine up in God's country (as usual).

Only a light shower here too, just enough mess up the dust on the cars and make them look dirty.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 21:15 (Ref:3837743)   #85
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We had a great evening . Thanks to all the marshals coming over . We even had 4 scrutineers turn up as well. I find it very interesting hearing all the stories from other side of the fence . Don’t think spectators were as many as last year . Be interesting to see how many turn up tomorrow .
Old 20 Jul 2018, 22:01 (Ref:3837753)   #86
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thousands of official photographers, only some of whom I recognised. Never mind. Remind me of your car and I will post a piccy. Image shows Mr. Lyons copyright www.retro-speed.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_7318.jpg  
Old 20 Jul 2018, 22:51 (Ref:3837755)   #87
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Strange you should mention that about the photographers, i did notice there was a hell of a lot of people walking round with "Official Media" high vis on!

Anyway, great day as always, felt a lot more relaxed but i heard a few people say it lacked atmosphere which i agree with. Might have sumthing to do with lack of spectators. Hopefully Saturday and Sunday will be better.

For anyone who wants it, here's link to digial race card with password:

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publ...41#/e84ac7aa/1

1948S1lverst@ne
Old 21 Jul 2018, 05:29 (Ref:3837778)   #88
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a quick one, here's my vid from trackside from yesterday if anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhvFcCPVw0I
Old 21 Jul 2018, 07:35 (Ref:3837788)   #89
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Just a quick one, here's my vid from trackside from yesterday if anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhvFcCPVw0I
Thanks very much for this and the race card having not been there,listening to the commentary the Pre 66 Gt race will be good amongst them
Old 21 Jul 2018, 07:50 (Ref:3837789)   #90
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
67 quid tomorrow

Thats all I need to say.
Still cheaper than Goodwood, probably a better mix of cars and in July you're less likely to get wet but as Peter says, the world will still keep turning without you being there. BTW how much does a boring F1 meet cost these days?
Old 21 Jul 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3837797)   #91
brands
Veteran

I assumed on Friday they gave a photographer's bib away with every programme sold as there were so many. Most in the live National pitlane had never been near a race circuit before and didn't have a clue.

Thanks for the race card link.

Had a quick wander around the car clubs this morning before settling down to watch some racing.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3837810)   #92
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I saw Mike being third in class and faster than during FP. May be a mistake because live timing is good but slightly different from the one we use. So, Mike, happy with your new pistons?

Last edited by Gerard C; 21 Jul 2018 at 10:48.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 10:51 (Ref:3837812)   #93
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
I assumed on Friday they gave a photographer's bib away with every programme sold as there were so many. Most in the live National pitlane had never been near a race circuit before and didn't have a clue.

Thanks for the race card link.

Had a quick wander around the car clubs this morning before settling down to watch some racing.

I recall a few years ago when I enquired about a media pass I was told to turn up at the office in the media car park next to the main gate and sign on. As I was carrying a camera they clicked that I was a photographer and I had to sign an extra form.

I was then advised that I could make use of the Jaguar supplied limos to get around if I chose to, given a tabard and off I went.

I think the tabard allowed one to stand at the official photographer location(s) in the fence as well as take one's chances in the (very narrow in places) gaps between the armco and the then new fences.

Maybe they are operating on the same principles this year.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 13:56 (Ref:3837825)   #94
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I was then advised that I could make use of the Jaguar supplied limos to get around if I chose to, given a tabard and off I went.
There was nothing published this year about manufacturer supplied courtesy ‘VIP’ cars, but to my surprise yesterday I found a fleet of Tesla Model S and X doing the job. Turns out they are all volunteer owner/drivers from the Tesla Owners Group, so thank you very much for their support of the event! Only problem for us is that Simon has his own S here which we are using as paddock shuttle, and we keep being hailed for a lift......
Old 21 Jul 2018, 15:36 (Ref:3837838)   #95
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
There was nothing published this year about manufacturer supplied courtesy ‘VIP’ cars, but to my surprise yesterday I found a fleet of Tesla Model S and X doing the job. Turns out they are all volunteer owner/drivers from the Tesla Owners Group, so thank you very much for their support of the event! Only problem for us is that Simon has his own S here which we are using as paddock shuttle, and we keep being hailed for a lift......

Oh dear!

Might as well buy a Pious and get used to it I suppose ....

I can't image why a Tesla Owner's group would do that. I mean, I know the tickets are bit pricing to get in and presumably they don't have to pay, but even so ....

The Jags were a Jaguar promotion and they supplied their company drivers as I recall.
Old 21 Jul 2018, 20:27 (Ref:3837873)   #96
FMS
Rookie

FMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi

Does anyone know if the incident with the Ligier JS11 caused much damage likely to result in a no-show tomorrow ?
Old 22 Jul 2018, 06:20 (Ref:3837910)   #97
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Well at 67 Quid it was good value!
Bloke probably thinks you should get a bootle of Corona for a shilling! Historic Thinking!
We had a decent result in Pre 63 TT at 9 am winning the overall handicap and class win with Porsche 356 and a good effort in Elite
Seems those first three Elites were/are very quick
The Pre63 race is an extremely good mix of cars with no rubbish but enters fee reflects this.
Afternoon was a Pre66 run from wing and a decent trot round
Needed to find a race for Elva160 GT so again an interesting adventure in Worlds Sportscars at 7 pm being one of the smallest capacity engines, narrow tyres and car and driver probably being the heavist in both respective catagories and less carnage than last year it went well .
Prefer to race from old pits rather than the wing
Seemed to me a totally different atmosphere in the two area with old pits a more laid back place than wing and noted that many of the old campaigners being in that area and newbys at wing
Messrs Birch and Burnett had a long but good day.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 06:44 (Ref:3837912)   #98
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yep we is proper blokes over ere
Old 22 Jul 2018, 06:51 (Ref:3837913)   #99
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Seiriouly as the meeting draws to a close . For me it’s been one of the best Classics . Apart from having to spend 2 hours back at base e mailing Goose with Health and Safty forms . Public liability size of trucks awnings ect. We as a team have been treated very well and have had no issues at all with organisers . So big thank you to Goose and all the organisers .,Guess we will be back in 2019.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 07:24 (Ref:3837920)   #100
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Seiriouly as the meeting draws to a close . For me it’s been one of the best Classics . Apart from having to spend 2 hours back at base e mailing Goose with Health and Safty forms . Public liability size of trucks awnings ect. We as a team have been treated very well and have had no issues at all with organisers . So big thank you to Goose and all the organisers .,Guess we will be back in 2019.
It was a great weekend but less people?
No Saturday show?
The car club areas seems to eat up all the space.

Who was the bloke driving in the Masters GT race at about 6 pm
He was brilliant holding off the Ganns/ Wolfe monster in an Elite on last lap of race
Commitment shown though Beckets/Maghots was phenomenal!
He’s good!
Mr O’Connel may have a challenger to being most competent driver in Historic’s