Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Nov 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3942100)   #1
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
2020 Licence renewals

It's a closed shop so probably not worth discussing? but £220 . . . . and £155 for a national, I'm not sure where the added value is, most of us still need a medical!
Old 22 Nov 2019, 09:11 (Ref:3942101)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't remember what last year's price was.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 09:40 (Ref:3942103)   #3
SWCRacing
Racer

SWCRacing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
£214 for an International C or D
£101 for a National A
Old 22 Nov 2019, 09:47 (Ref:3942104)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks so not a massive hike for international then. I guess there are more Nat A sold than others hence a bigger increase.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 10:18 (Ref:3942105)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
more than 50% increase for a Nat A. For what? To pay for the HQ move to Bicester? For a bunch of teenagers to get a free 'leg up' onto 'the ladder'?
How do our licence costs compare to other countries in Europe?
Old 22 Nov 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3942113)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Good question MGDavid . . .

I don't remember last/this years licence cost, just lumped it all together with stressed ecg and medical etc . . . so expensive, about £600 . . . especially expensive given I've barely used it, although will hopefully air it more next year.

have asked a Belgian friend re licence cost.

it wasnt long ago £140 was Int and nat A was £80. I'm not keeping up with 'inflation'
Old 22 Nov 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3942119)   #7
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
more than 50% increase for a Nat A. For what? To pay for the HQ move to Bicester? For a bunch of teenagers to get a free 'leg up' onto 'the ladder'?
You might want to read this - https://www.motorsportuk.org/2020-li...estructure-qa/
Old 22 Nov 2019, 11:54 (Ref:3942120)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Belgium . . . .450 euro's

but alcohol and cigarettes are dirt cheap there.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 12:08 (Ref:3942123)   #9
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
National B and National A licenses have increased by >50%
International licenses have increased by 3%

The international license holders are probably the ones who could afford more of a hike than the National B holders.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3942126)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Belgium . . . .450 euro's

but alcohol and cigarettes are dirt cheap there.
Not sure of the relevance, unless you’re suggesting Belgium racers buy a lot of fags and booze!
Old 22 Nov 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3942128)   #11
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
How do our licence costs compare to other countries in Europe?

Move to Bicester is a red herring - long term that will be cost neutral or probably beneficial - the real estate at Colnbrook is going to be worth a lot more than that at Bicester......

The reduction in the number of medicals required will more or less offset the £50 increase in licence fee for my Race A.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 12:47 (Ref:3942131)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I haven't seen the new rules yet but what has changed with the medicals?
Old 22 Nov 2019, 12:51 (Ref:3942132)   #13
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
self-certify fitness to race except for an eyetest until 60 when a doctors medical is needed, then again at 65, 70, 72, 74 and annually from 75 onwards.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 13:00 (Ref:3942133)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
self-certify fitness to race except for an eyetest until 60 when a doctors medical is needed, then again at 65, 70, 72, 74 and annually from 75 onwards.
I’d add that International licence holders Med / ECG / Eye test requirements seem to be same as before.

Race, truck & long circuit kart racers have to have an eye test at first application for a licence, then after age of 45 a vision test is required every 3 years. (10.1.11 b)
Old 22 Nov 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3942134)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Fair enough then. Thanks.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3942137)   #16
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And free eye tests with Specsavers are one of the benefits that license holders get.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 13:55 (Ref:3942143)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’d add that International licence holders Med / ECG / Eye test requirements seem to be same as before.
On reflection, I suspect that is more a function of the FIA's rules than MSUK.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 14:11 (Ref:3942145)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
On reflection, I suspect that is more a function of the FIA's rules than MSUK.
Correct.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 14:19 (Ref:3942148)   #19
SWCRacing
Racer

MSUK requirements for Stress ECG etc haven't changed, but the FIA ones change a couple of years back to just be a consultation with a cardiologist who may require further tests which could entail a stress ecg
Old 22 Nov 2019, 14:36 (Ref:3942154)   #20
gilduffy
Rookie

gilduffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gil Duffy

Medicals now valid for only 3 months. Used to be 12 which meant you could get two licenses per medical.
Now we more mature gentlemen will need one every year
Old 22 Nov 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3942163)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilduffy View Post
Medicals now valid for only 3 months. Used to be 12 which meant you could get two licenses per medical.
Now we more mature gentlemen will need one every year
Crikey Gil, are you 70???.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3942176)   #22
SWCRacing
Racer

The length of validity of the medicals has not changed, nor has the fact that you have to apply for you licence within three months of the date of the medical for it to be used in your licence application
Old 22 Nov 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3942177)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCRacing View Post
The length of validity of the medicals has not changed, nor has the fact that you have to apply for you licence within three months of the date of the medical for it to be used in your licence application
That.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 16:28 (Ref:3942186)   #24
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Belgium . . . .450 euro's but alcohol and cigarettes are dirt cheap there.
If you have to buy an Itn C here, its a good thing because you won't have any change left for fags or alcohol. Very incentive.
Old 22 Nov 2019, 17:51 (Ref:3942203)   #25
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
And free eye tests with Specsavers are one of the benefits that license holders get.
smoke & mirrors; *anyone* can get a free eyetest at Specsavers

https://www.specsavers.co.uk/free-eye-test