Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 15 Jul 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3917833)   #301
Chris Townsend
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Chris Townsend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybeard View Post
Anyone still around here?
Any way of tying a chassis (under the roll hoop) number to an original car identity for a 75B?
And I'm chris[AT]oldracingcars[DOT]com

Chris

If it's a 75B look hard at the rollhoop. If it's original there should be some numbers stamped somewhere on the left side, probably near a small test hole.

That may tell us more than the chassis number.
Also, if the tub still has gelcoat on it, or if you have a surface you can do a good rub down on to show paint sequence.

Where is the car?
Old 11 Sep 2019, 15:57 (Ref:3927418)   #302
Scott Hansen
Rookie

Scott Hansen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Chris. I am still lurking and still searching for my uncle's former 75B, 76B, and 77B. And still convinced I know where that 75 is... After a long break, I am renewing my efforts.
Old 21 Jan 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3952648)   #303
HowardMonise
Rookie

HowardMonise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am trying to confirm the origins of 75B chassis 8. I think it is currently here in my garage in California. Info I have gathered has made sense to me. Other than the first few races run by Shierson in CASC Atlantic it went to California where it has remained. I took a photo of the chassis plate but I can't seem to upload it. I don't own the car but I am just curious about it's history. Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 21 Jan 2020, 20:02 (Ref:3952649)   #304
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Howard, I just emailed you
Old 16 Aug 2021, 01:52 (Ref:4066959)   #305
CliffHansen
Rookie

United States
California
CliffHansen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I've watching over the past few years of the origination of my March 75B chassis number 8. Doug told me chassis 8 was a rental. When I tried to qualify my Dave Walker 74 GRD at St. Jovite that I bought from Ken Swanson, I was way off in times. Doug Shierson offered me chassis number 8 that he had, ready run, since Ian Grob's funding didn't come through. Therefore I raced it with Ian's name and livery for that race. After that race I bought chassis 8 from Doug and ran it for most the remaining Atlantic series season. After I drove to Adrian around Thanksgiving to pick up my new 76B chassis 2, I still had chassis 8 in my garage in Costa Mesa, Calif. After testing and racing my 76B-2 in late 75 and early 76, I shipped my 76B back to Doug's in Adrian, Michigan to prepare the car for the 76 Atlantic Series. Around April 76, I took chassis 8 to Sears Point to race it in a Formula B event. After the Gimli Atlantic race I told Doug I had to quit, since my sponsorships didn't come through and I ran out of money, and I picked up 76B-2 from Doug's. I ended up selling chassis 8 to Mike Downs on Oct 6, 1976 for $10,200 cash and a 74 Yamaha RD350. I still have the original bill of sale and a photo of me trying to pass Gilles in his 75B at the Mosport Atlantic race in 1975.

Last edited by CliffHansen; 16 Aug 2021 at 01:59. Reason: added some words
Old 18 Aug 2021, 17:15 (Ref:4067503)   #306
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHansen View Post
Hi, I've watching over the past few years of the origination of my March 75B chassis number 8. Doug told me chassis 8 was a rental. When I tried to qualify my Dave Walker 74 GRD at St. Jovite that I bought from Ken Swanson, I was way off in times. Doug Shierson offered me chassis number 8 that he had, ready run, since Ian Grob's funding didn't come through. Therefore I raced it with Ian's name and livery for that race. After that race I bought chassis 8 from Doug and ran it for most the remaining Atlantic series season. After I drove to Adrian around Thanksgiving to pick up my new 76B chassis 2, I still had chassis 8 in my garage in Costa Mesa, Calif. After testing and racing my 76B-2 in late 75 and early 76, I shipped my 76B back to Doug's in Adrian, Michigan to prepare the car for the 76 Atlantic Series. Around April 76, I took chassis 8 to Sears Point to race it in a Formula B event. After the Gimli Atlantic race I told Doug I had to quit, since my sponsorships didn't come through and I ran out of money, and I picked up 76B-2 from Doug's. I ended up selling chassis 8 to Mike Downs on Oct 6, 1976 for $10,200 cash and a 74 Yamaha RD350. I still have the original bill of sale and a photo of me trying to pass Gilles in his 75B at the Mosport Atlantic race in 1975.
Thanks very much for this Cliff. Very useful to know about that Sears Points result - I have altered the results on OldRacingCars.com:
https://www.oldracingcars.com/fb/res...ars-point/apr/

I have been hoping to talk to you about another car you've owned, the Fittipaldi F9. Do you still have that? If you'd prefer to keep that confidential, could you email me at allen@oldracingcars.com?