Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jul 2019, 22:50 (Ref:3916225)   #101
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Maybe they mean as an official works Porsche 911?

official works porsche maybe not, but manthey had a big push from porsche back those days.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3916302)   #102
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
official works porsche maybe not, but manthey had a big push from porsche back those days.
So nothing they said was inaccurate just had to "correct" them to pretend you're smarter? If it wasn't a works team it's not a works team, that's pretty simple.
Old 7 Jul 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3916306)   #103
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
So nothing they said was inaccurate just had to "correct" them to pretend you're smarter? If it wasn't a works team it's not a works team, that's pretty simple.

Didn't want to pretend to be smarter at all.

Just to say 4.2L isn't the biggest engine ever used in a racing 911.
Peace
Old 8 Jul 2019, 04:18 (Ref:3916444)   #104
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Didn't want to pretend to be smarter at all.

Just to say 4.2L isn't the biggest engine ever used in a racing 911.
Peace
You didn't sound like that to me. Seemed like an observation with good info imo.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 05:44 (Ref:3916446)   #105
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, it's probably got the biggest diffuser fitted to any 911 for sure. And me being an fan but not 100% versed in the tech of these cars found out that the curved vanes in the diffuser should make more downforce by shedding a more effective vortex.

Makes me wonder what the front diffuser looks like on the new RSR.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 06:55 (Ref:3916454)   #106
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well saw the new? car at goodwood yesterday, to be honest unless you were looking at small details you could not tell the difference from the last one, but then again the 911 has not really done anything but slowly evolve since it first appeared before most people were born
Old 8 Jul 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3916506)   #107
canaglia
Veteran

911 RSR was clearly the car with the best overall chassis & aero package by far;
now they have a bigger diffuser and an updated bodywork/undercar aero....
will be a tough season for ferrari and aston.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3916581)   #108
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I suspect that the new RSR will be an effective GTE/GTLM car. Especially given in testing videos at Spa they were taking Eau Rouge flat out when at full pelt. I don't think that any GT car has been able to do that at Spa before?
Old 9 Jul 2019, 03:58 (Ref:3916621)   #109
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Found something earlier on the Porsche website about the 911 RSR-19. This page features full tech specs and a 360 viewer of the car. On the 360 viewer, check out the shot into the rear diffuser. Now that's probably the most extreme of the current gen GTE/GTLM rear diffusers I've seen, also counting GT3 cars, too:

https://www.porsche.com/internationa.../911-rsr-2019/
Old 9 Jul 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3916701)   #110
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Found something earlier on the Porsche website about the 911 RSR-19. This page features full tech specs and a 360 viewer of the car. On the 360 viewer, check out the shot into the rear diffuser. Now that's probably the most extreme of the current gen GTE/GTLM rear diffusers I've seen, also counting GT3 cars, too:

https://www.porsche.com/internationa.../911-rsr-2019/

Is that a double deck diffuser? I guess it has to be, otherwise it would be too small in the vertical.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 18:14 (Ref:3916719)   #111
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I don't think that such a thing is legal in GTE. I do know that they can be a 1400mmx260mm opening at the rear of the car.
Old 9 Jul 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3916723)   #112
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think that such a thing is legal in GTE. I do know that they can be a 1400mmx260mm opening at the rear of the car.

Looking more into the detail, the surface on top of the diffuser doesn't look like it's shaped for airflow. But then what is that big empty space on top? Doesn't it seem like the outgoing RSR has a taller diffuser? There has to be some concept at work here.
Also, the diffuser looks really well integrated into the bodywork, and they have covered a lot more of the rear of the car, compared with the older RSR. Looks really stylish. I'm definitely a fan of this car.
Old 10 Jul 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3916793)   #113
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here is some more info on the new GTE, including the rationale for moving the exhausts.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...new-gte-racer/
Old 10 Jul 2019, 13:29 (Ref:3916839)   #114
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
John Dagys reports:

"Porsche achieved a new IMSA WeatherTech Championship record of five consecutive class wins in GT Le Mans. Both Corvette Racing (2014) and Ford Chip Ganassi Racing (2018) held four-race win streaks, along with the CORE-run Porsche squad in 2015."
Old 11 Jul 2019, 01:28 (Ref:3916941)   #115
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
More 911 RSR from Goodwood. Some detail shots and video of the car running/being driven around the estate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot-AKF5mV38
Old 11 Jul 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3917041)   #116
bobec
Racer

Still don't know what that big opening over the rear diffuser is for. Looks like they have gone for less height for the diffuser than in the last version, but it also looks wider (seems to extend all the way to the bodywork behind the rear wheels, further than the previous model). The big middle sections is now of uniform height, as opposed to the very high mid section from last season, which was smaller in width. It's difficult to say, but that's how it looks to me - wider, more uniform diffuser as opposed to max height. Probably the curved vertical vanes have something to do with this new concept.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 00:34 (Ref:3917077)   #117
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Kinda a noobish question, but this is concerning body/track width vs the 911 RSR and 911 GT3R. The 911 GT3R has a max width of about 2000mm, while the 911 RSR (2017 and 2019) are about 2050mm wide. However, both run the same size wheels and tires per Porsche Motorsport documentation.

How is the wider track width achieved on the RSR vs the GT3R aside from widened bodywork? I know that this is technical stuff, but I'm a bit curious as to why the GT3R isn't built to the same width as the RSR (both GT3 and GTE/GTLM allow for a max width of 2050mm).
Old 12 Jul 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3917152)   #118
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Kinda a noobish question, but this is concerning body/track width vs the 911 RSR and 911 GT3R. The 911 GT3R has a max width of about 2000mm, while the 911 RSR (2017 and 2019) are about 2050mm wide. However, both run the same size wheels and tires per Porsche Motorsport documentation.

How is the wider track width achieved on the RSR vs the GT3R aside from widened bodywork? I know that this is technical stuff, but I'm a bit curious as to why the GT3R isn't built to the same width as the RSR (both GT3 and GTE/GTLM allow for a max width of 2050mm).

guess 5cm wider on front helps to generate more downforce for the GTE 911 RSR.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3917191)   #119
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Actually not interested in the why, but the how, given that the wheel and tire widths are the same between the two specs, but one is almost 2 inches wider than the other.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 07:28 (Ref:3917300)   #120
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Actually not interested in the why, but the how, given that the wheel and tire widths are the same between the two specs, but one is almost 2 inches wider than the other.

911 RSR simply has a bodywork (or maybe just the splitter) 2.5cm wider each side. Because in this way the carbon parts are made.

Ferrari Enzo and Maserati MC12 have same tires size, same suspensions layout linked to the same carbon monocoque, but MC12 is way wider.
Old 13 Jul 2019, 15:10 (Ref:3917383)   #121
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Is it just wider bodywork, though? I think that the RSR has a wider track than the GT3 car as well (?).
Old 13 Jul 2019, 16:15 (Ref:3917398)   #122
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Is it just wider bodywork, though? I think that the RSR has a wider track than the GT3 car as well (?).

both cars should be using same road chassis of 911, it may be a wider bodywork or different suspensions layout or both.... the day I'll buy both of them, I'll let you know
Old 13 Jul 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3917404)   #123
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I'd compare actual track width, but I can't find that info, even from official Porsche Motorsport materials.
Old 21 Jul 2019, 23:19 (Ref:3918761)   #124
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
New 911 RSR footage from Porsche Motorsport before the WEC Prologue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVuBQubJWO4
Old 22 Jul 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3918828)   #125
rubberduck
Rookie

Germany
Nordschleife - related
rubberduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
-Cutting intensifies-