Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

View Poll Results: What classes would you like to run?
GPL 1965 0 0%
GPL 1967 5 31.25%
GPL 1969 7 43.75%
A mixture (eg. 4x '65, 4x '67, 4x '69). 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Feb 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1526535)   #1
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TTFRL GPL Season 5 preparations

OK, here is the current situation with regard to TTFRL GPL Season 5.

We're looking at a start time of the middle of April and proposing a 12 round calendar, which is yet to be decided.

The time scale is such because I'm off on hols in just over 3 weeks for just over 3 weeks, so there isn't much point in starting before then. This also gives me chance to develop and launch a new website, which will allow for a far more structured way in dealing with league administration.

Because of the different things which have been going on recently with GPL we have some choices to make on what class(es) we would like to run. Therefore I'm posting a poll to gauge what sort of races peeps would like to participate in.

Also in the next few weeks I'm hopefully acquiring a spare machine to be used as a dedicated server. I won't be able to operate it 24/7, but some evenings and weekends will allow people to have some practice and/or GPL get-togethers. I don't know the exact timescale yet though. Watch this space.

Last but not least there is a prize for this season's championship. More on that later.
Old 20 Feb 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1526851)   #2
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
carsreunited should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds ideal. Thanks for your efforts Spud. Looking forward to Season 5.

Scott
Dolomite Sprint #86, 2006 CTCRC Post Historic CHAMPIONSHIP
Old 26 Feb 2006, 18:01 (Ref:1531961)   #3
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully i can make this season as well. i also have the capacity to run the GBGPL server if there was a need to practice by any of the like me slower drivers lol

By the way Scott is now getting super quick shhh
Pete
Old 26 Feb 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1531969)   #4
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted '69 cars because its the ones I feel quickets in, tried 65's and didn't get on well with them, likewise the stock 67 vehicles.

I find the 69's the most stable so i'm less likley to bin them and ruin mine, and possibly someone elses race.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 10:35 (Ref:1532368)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted for a mix.

At the end of the day though, I don't really mind what we drive.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1532703)   #6
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPL67 only all the way
Old 1 Mar 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1534217)   #7
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
Hehe! Thanks Pete. Quicker might be a more accurate appraisal though!

I would say that I don't have either 65 mod or 69 installed yet. I could do but would rather not. I only really have enough time to put into one type of car and that's 67's. I would probably end up missing 65's or 69's in all honesty.

Scott
Old 30 Mar 2006, 05:04 (Ref:1564812)   #8
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought it was time for a little bit of an update.

So far we have a tie on the poll for 1967 all the way of a mixture of the 3 classes. If anyone who is interested in competing and hasn't voted yet, get voting!

I have obtained another PC for hosting races. It will still be running from my home connection on my home network, but it keeps it separate from hosting on my own machine which I also drive on. It also means that we can have a dedicated server running more often to meet up and practice on such as at weekends and some evenings.

The website development is coming along well. I'm making the most of the free time I have whilst on holiday! Gone are the days of just a stactic page. These are some of the features which the website will have at launch:
  • Driver login where drivers can create and amend profiles
  • Administration to be carried direct to the site via admin login (results upload, posting news items etc.)
  • Interactive gallery where drivers can upload their own screenshots.

There are other things of course, but those are the main three I would like to have at launch. I'm always open to suggestions of what people would like to see on the site so let me know. If they are good ideas and are feasable I'll be happy to include them.

Last edited by Spudgun; 30 Mar 2006 at 08:46.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1568506)   #9
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might be able to enter a couple of races this season if I have the time and you don't mind being taken out 20 times per race when lapping me. However, I will need some basic instructions for simple people as to how to set up online racing etc. In the poll, I voted 67 because I'm used to those cars and will be even more of a mobile chicane if I try racing anything else
Old 4 Apr 2006, 05:07 (Ref:1569732)   #10
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
No problem Joe, all are welcome.

They'll be some server testing before the season starts so there will be some fun races and the server will hopefully be up at weekends for practice.

As for instructions for setting up online races, I'll get something posted on how to set it all up.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 06:50 (Ref:1595145)   #11
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
UPDATE:

Since I've got back from holiday, things have been a little crazy around here so I haven't been able to get as much done as I would have liked. However we have another bank holiday this weekend which this time I don't have to go anywhere! I'm planning to use the time to make some good progress.
Old 26 Apr 2006, 07:28 (Ref:1595170)   #12
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
Excellent. Looking forward to getting back on track. It's been a looong break!
Old 28 Apr 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1596902)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I drove about 6 laps of GPL yesterday. I think that's the first time for well over a year. And it showed - seriously. I had to make a few adjustments like dropping my favourite OpenGL as I've dumped my recalcitrant nVidia in favour of a much more stable ATI card. Runs very sweet, I have to say. The game that is - not my driving. I can also use Pribluda now which is great. If I say I was struggling to get under 1:30 in a Ferrari at Monza, you'll realise just how bad its become - I just don't seem to be able to brake properly any more.....

I can't guarantee being around too much, life has become too hectic, but it would be nice to participate a few times. I'm only really interested in 67s though.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1597115)   #14
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excellent. I've been just starting up with GPL again as well, and since I'm off for the summer, I'll be able to make some races. If we're using other carsets than the 1967 one, someone's going to have to show me how to install them.
Old 28 Apr 2006, 23:42 (Ref:1597257)   #15
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I started getting back into GPL in the last month, and my ranks are looking a bit more respectable, ie. going from -14 to -26, and getting a -ve Monster.

Depending on how the schedule works out, NASCAR leagues permitting, and not to forget exams and various other bits n bobs, I may do a few races.

BTW Pirenzo, I'm racing against Mark Harrison in my NASCAR league nowadays! What goes around comes around eh!
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 29 Apr 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1597767)   #16
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
OK, I've rebuilt the machine I recently acquired and got it setup as a dedicated server on VROC.

The server will be open for testing for the time being. I've not password protected it at the moment to try and attract numbers to test it, but if we get any problems with wreckers then give me a shout and I'll put it back. I'm having some trouble getting the ping to work, even though everything I can think of I've tried, but thats minor. All it means is that the server shows on the race list with an orange indicator. It's fine to connect to.

Since it is a home server, it won't be running 24/7 but hopefully weekends and some evenings. If you would like to request any timeslots where you would like it to be on let me know. As long as I'm around it should be fine.

I'll resurrect the old ' GPL - Are You on VROC or iGOR Tonight?' for announcements on server uptime.

Last edited by Spudgun; 29 Apr 2006 at 21:35.
Old 2 May 2006, 08:25 (Ref:1599186)   #17
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
Vroc

None of the servers were shown as green yesterday including Bremser. What used to be green are now orange for some reason.

I'll keep an eye out for it and give it a bash.

I get the feeling that not all the racers are active posters. I take it they have been contacted or will be given a heads up of the new season?

Scott
Old 2 May 2006, 16:56 (Ref:1599472)   #18
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
The racelist on VROC was down yesterday, so it could be as a result of something with the racelist server. At this point in time there are green races showing for me.

As for potential racers, there will be a sign up on the site when it initially launches so we'll see what numbers we get. Then we can see whether any further action needs to taken in that respect.
Old 2 May 2006, 22:23 (Ref:1599735)   #19
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
Hi Spud,

Don't know if I was the only one that was involutary disco'd on about lap7. It crashed to a blue screen of death and mentioned something about IRQ mis match?? Is that just a problem at my end? Never seen that particular message before. Up to that point it seemed alright.
Old 2 May 2006, 22:32 (Ref:1599737)   #20
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Hmmm, A BSOD? That sounds like a client-side issue. I've never seen that message before, but IRQ (Interrupt Requests) is to do with hardware config.

You always get the odd glitch now and again. Best to see if it was a one-off and see if it happens again.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 23:07 (Ref:1664572)   #21
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
Hi Spud,

Is there a timetable for Season 5 start? I've a large hole in my diary waiting to be filled!

Cheers,

Scott
Old 26 Jul 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1664869)   #22
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's kind of pending the completion of the new website, which Spud's run into some slight technical difficulties with.
I did suggest some ideas to keep things ticking over until we can get the new season started, but I never pursued the idea further with Spud. The suggestion was that we could get the schedule sorted out and then run some open races on iGOR at the weekends with the season 5 schedule being the track rotation so people could get some practice in before the start of the season.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1665159)   #23
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm up for a race sometime in the next few weeks, if anyone's interested. Since the lull of GPL activities, I've been going on a bit of an F1C mod binge, but if there's some interest, I'd be more than happy to pull out GPL again.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 22:56 (Ref:1665426)   #24
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
It's kind of pending the completion of the new website, which Spud's run into some slight technical difficulties with.
I did suggest some ideas to keep things ticking over until we can get the new season started, but I never pursued the idea further with Spud. The suggestion was that we could get the schedule sorted out and then run some open races on iGOR at the weekends with the season 5 schedule being the track rotation so people could get some practice in before the start of the season.
I'm happy to run some open races for the time being. The ISP I'm with have decided to upgrade from ASP.NET 1.1 to version 2 which means doing some back tracking. Also I'm a bit snowed under with other things at the moment!

If you guys want to come up with a schedule, I'm more than happy to provide a server to race on.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1665853)   #25
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgun
Also I'm a bit snowed under with other things at the moment!
I'm sure they're more important than playing games, don't feel you've got to hurry up now or anything. "It'll be ready when it's ready" as they say about a lot of things over at RSC

To be honest, I thought we'd left it so long since the last season that everyone would have lost interest even since this thread was started. It's pleasing to see at least some people are still onboard!

So then folks, a schedule. I think we agreed 12 races? I reckon we should be aiming for a mix of papyrus and addons as in the past, and for sake of ease, it would be helpful IMO not to have too many addons of entirely unknown quantity to race on. That said, Albi, Snett and Goodwood are getting a bit tired (in ttfrl terms, not graphic quality or anything like that) and could do with being given a miss this time around...