Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 29 Oct 2006, 06:08 (Ref:1752380)   #51
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, Bayliss has been very impressive! I was very cynical but he's done an awesome job so far.

I hope he has race pace too. Could be a rowdy race - going out in style. Goodbye 990cc. hello Bayliss again, and hello 2006 MotoGP champion.

Not long now.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 13:43 (Ref:1752732)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done Troy. Absolutely sensational.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 13:52 (Ref:1752743)   #53
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Old 29 Oct 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1752745)   #54
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ducati better run a third bike next year.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1752748)   #55
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Oh cmon gimme a break he stands no chance of winning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
he has not been a match for top riders in MotoGP.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 14:02 (Ref:1752755)   #56
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

what a great race by troy - someones gotta sign him up now surely
Old 29 Oct 2006, 14:03 (Ref:1752758)   #57
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was imperious out there.

But who seriously thinks he'd do the same race in, race out? That was the problem. He'd have 3-4 good races and 13 crimpingly bad ones.

They should wild-card him for his favourites.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 14:08 (Ref:1752760)   #58
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

But don't forget the Ducati is an infinitely better machine than it was when Troy left it. It is a more consistent beast, albeit not consistent enough.

If Troy were to do a full season he'd certainly do well, but would definitely be beaten by Capirex in the end.

But look: he'd be a better bet than Checa was in 2005 by miles. And he'd trump Gibernau because he has the ability to clamber onto his bike without toppling over before the flag falls in a desperate attempt to break every bone in his body.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 14:09 (Ref:1752762)   #59
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
First Wild Card Race Winner in yonks.

First Rider to Win In Superbikes and MotoGP in a calendar year for a while (Roberts Sr did it in AMA and WGP in 1980 iirc)

First time a Current World Superkbike champ and a current MotoGP Champ have raced together since Merkel and Rainey? (coutning current, within a calender year. I think. Don't hold me to this)

First Big Class GP win since McCoy for an Aussie.

First Ducati 1-2 for a while.

Last edited by Hazza; 29 Oct 2006 at 14:18.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 14:11 (Ref:1752763)   #60
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
By the way, here is some Irony./

1) Hayden binned it in 2003 at the same corner Rossi did.

2) Troy said in his 2004 press conference that, and I quote "It's sad i'im leaving, because this bike will be very good one day" or something too that effect. For him to come back and win 2 years later...astounding.

I'm wrapped.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1752765)   #61
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a way to come back.....great win for Troy!! Well done
Old 29 Oct 2006, 17:25 (Ref:1752852)   #62
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Awesome ride from Troy. It was apt that as the BBC interviewed him he was drowned out by Hayden revving his engine as he came into Parc Ferme - summed up the way his performance has been somewhat overshadowed by other events this weekend.

Is Troy the first WSBK champion to later win a 500cc or MotoGP race? Kocinski won in 500s (and 250s?) before going to Superbikes, but I'm not sure it's been done this way around.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 22:26 (Ref:1753097)   #63
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
somtimes, ya just gotta love being wrong!
Old 30 Oct 2006, 06:42 (Ref:1753278)   #64
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woohoo! Troy! Troy! Troy! Troy!

Take that everyone else, Bayliss doesn't even need to race MotoGP for the whole year and he can still win!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 30 Oct 2006, 08:13 (Ref:1753326)   #65
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
He stated that this will be his "last ride"

Sad, but, hey, when stoner re-breaks his collar bone next year i'm sure he'll drop by again.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 10:48 (Ref:1753439)   #66
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
What a ride, congrats to Troy.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 13:00 (Ref:1753547)   #67
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Bayliss! Bayliss!
Love is sometimes a pathetic thing to see

Even if Troy's win was magnificient, still he WAS NOT a match in his former epoch in MotoGP. Past is there and it cannot be changed.

If this had been the first race in MotoGP, we had thought we had a Rossi-killer in TB. Now I am sad he is not going to do MotoGP because it would be interesting to see if he is finally adapted to the current bikes and he can beat Rossi (et alt), championship wise.

for Troy!

for Bayliss-Hazzy!

Old 30 Oct 2006, 14:11 (Ref:1753599)   #68
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race, but probably something of a one-off display under unique circumstances - Ducati easily had the better of Yamaha, Honda weren't in the mood to risk anything for the race, and Capirossi didn't need to win for the sake of the championship. Valencia's a track where he's gone well in the past as well.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 22:44 (Ref:1753937)   #69
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybee so for the race, but the guy set the pace for the whole weekend, not jsut the race.....

top effort by Troy !
Old 30 Oct 2006, 23:53 (Ref:1753964)   #70
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Great race, but probably something of a one-off display under unique circumstances - Ducati easily had the better of Yamaha, Honda weren't in the mood to risk anything for the race, and Capirossi didn't need to win for the sake of the championship. Valencia's a track where he's gone well in the past as well.
Just checked the records and it appears that the win stands without any of the caveats you have applied.