Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Dec 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2805576)   #51
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jesse Dixon is out of funds can't afford to race in another season, heading back to aus to race most likely.
Old 17 Dec 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2805648)   #52
gillesf
Rookie

gillesf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bothfeetin, with respect to your written words but I took the post about teams at the karting event exactly the opposite way you did. It sounded to me that the teams were looking for business and marketing themselves, that’s fantastic to hear. I have NEVER heard that reported of any team on this forum before. I was grateful that Fucithalmic took the time to post it, provide some details on who, how much and encouraged that he took his kids to a karting event. Future is us kids, every minute a dad spends with his kids will be remembered by the kids forever. I think that post was meant to be taken the way I took it.

Think your hitting the wrong guy for the post on Meritus, I believe Juntos did the smearing, then a few posts later Lam Pak accused them and IM of rape and choke holding. Sort of what he does to English when writing…but that’s funny.

Not being local I need to get information on this series from this forum. There is simply no where else to get it. In the past you, Slider and I believe engbmw have helped post information and had facts to share that were very helpful to more than just me. In your post slamming Fucithalmic you even went to the bedroom searching for his beef? Must have enough to get two kids from a girl willing to find it at least twice, right?

“Get informed, be informed and then start blubbering your thoughts in this forum…”, that’s my point, please return to doing that. Where are your facts? your information? Post them here so we can do as you request, help us all. If you have it, share it because we need facts from anyone that has them.

I would very much like to race in the new series this year but selling sponsors on a plan that has no dates, no locations and absolutely no information from the series itself is rather difficult. The single biggest problem with this series is the lack of information and the stupid attitude that everything needs to be secret, hidden or unsaid. Communication with everyone involved sucks and always has! The series has sold a title sponsor, you can be VERY sure that that deal was sold based on where, when and at what events. How does it work when the needed information is hidden from the only paying participant (the driver)?

I for one am so very happy that the media release will be in January to announce the title sponsor. That would make it just two months after Macau and 2 months after we needed to get started on 2011 plans. Then people ask why there is no support from sponsors for the drivers, it’s like a joke or bad dream.

There is so much that needs to be public for 2011 to even happen or have a successful year, here’s my list of information I desperately need. Anyone feel free to share.

Dates?
Locations?
Events?
Engines? Seals? Tech? Rules? Who will police rules?
Tires? Number per event? Rules? Costs? Supply? Where to get them?
Series fees? Entry requirements? Prizes? Awards?
Team max. entries?
Travel Logistics? Support? Forwarders? Customs Help or Information?
Testing rules? Dates for cut off if there is a ban?
Sponsorship Rules?
How many free rides do I need to provide the new series sponsors names/logos?
How much space will be stolen/gifted or high-jacked without me being able to say no?
Hospitality? Media Package? Press day requirements?
Where to get information on a AFOS pit girl from 2009?

No big deal (it’s a small list) but as soon as I can get these I can finalize my sponsors, book flights, hotels and arrange to invest in my future.

Then I need to book testing dates (wrong tires? wrong engine? wrong locations? wrong process but its just money right?) so I can see if a team fits me and is willing to work to help me learn.

Then I need to choose a team or quickly start plans to go it alone (lots of euro talented techs looking for work right now!), start in car training, increase cardio to Asian climate and start public work for my sponsors.

It is pretty helpful and cost effective to crush all the pre season into a 6-8 week window, NOT.

Not sure if I have time and definitely do not have any interest to go in search of beef, I need facts and information. If anyone can help us all out with anything they have to share, it will be gratefully accepted.
Old 17 Dec 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2805691)   #53
bothfeetin
Racer

Macao
Asia but soon GB
bothfeetin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tall order there big fellow!
Seems you are a driver - seems the best is for you to write to teams; look into their websites - some of them have a lot info on it - and write to AFOS to be included in their "briefings". I am sure they will ALL help you once you identified yourself as a driver in waiting.

Quote:

Dates?

Locations?
Events?
Engines? Seals? Tech? Rules? Who will police rules?
Tires? Number per event? Rules? Costs? Supply? Where to get them?
Series fees? Entry requirements? Prizes? Awards?
Team max. entries?
Travel Logistics? Support? Forwarders? Customs Help or Information?
Testing rules? Dates for cut off if there is a ban?
Sponsorship Rules?
;

the dates/location/events - are public knowledge
the rules of FBMW will be adhered to in 2011;
The organization has already stated that different tires being used;
containerized logistics via current or past forwarders have done all the customs clearances ....and so on! Just inform yourself via the usual ways as described above.

Quote:
Come on...is this a joke? Or did you forgot "to' ????
But then....just writing does not hurt even if it confuses the matter!
Ask the plabber mouth why he is writing that a team is "bankrupt"! Intentionally putting a team in a bad position? Should not be done - unfair and without substance - unless proof is there!

So all in all - merry christmas/festive season.....
Old 17 Dec 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2805715)   #54
gillesf
Rookie

Bothfeetin - “Big fellow”, again with the meat. You couldn’t know that! I have never been with any girls in Macau. So your fishing right?...No, No, No…I only like da girls!

Yes I am a driver, planned on racing there three years now and each year I get a better offer to stay here. I’m 18, done school for now, dumped the girl friend to focus on training and I am very serious that I will be there this season. So here’s what I got from this.

“write team’s” , No where in my questions was I asking about team programs. So that’s no help.

Have emailed AFOS to no reply but didn’t know they had a “briefing”, that’s perfect, thank you! I will ask.

The dates, locations, events are absolutely NOT public knowledge!

Eurasia has 6 – 3 have no dates and 3 have no location.
Atlantic has 7 – all seven are completely different dates/locations than the six from Eurasia.
IM Racing has nothing.
Meritus has 2008/2009 information.
Euro has nothing.
Motaworld does not have information posted but I have been talking to them.

AFOS has nothing and I mean nothing on dates, locations or events.

That means I can not confirm, share or sell anything as a fact. I can not book hotels or flights and if and when I do get news of F1 support events I can over pay for whatever is left.

Tires – Which brand, where do I get them, how much and when are they available?

That pretty much answers the testing problem. No one knows the tire details so testing on anything is just seat time. I can do that without Sepang. How does that help the teams?

Forwarders, sorry thought maybe there would be a package like I read for another series which sounded really smart to reduce costs. If it’s same as always then no question to answer I guess.

“is this a joke?”, NO! Maybe you know this but in case you don’t. A Formula car has very little space to fit names of sponsors. That extremely valuable little bit of space is how I pay my bills. In this series there is no road show, transporter or a race shop its container shipping.

I own the car but for some stupid reason I could not sell all the wing end plates, the rear of the back wing, the side of my cockpit or nose and I have to put a flag up top so instead of getting a sponsor up there people can say where I was born.

I think I have every right to know how much space I need to give away for free. I can’t sell it if the series already sold it, Can I?

This absolutely is not a joke to me and I take selling a marketing space then signing a contract to work for the sponsor very seriously! Until the questions are answered I can’t sign anything!

Every question I asked was serious. Everyone I asked for help on. Even the AFOS girl, I have a sponsor that wanted to hire her, but that can wait for now. I use my real name and if I run the series I would very much like to meet everyone of you guys. I would gladly buy you a drink and show each one that there are no hard feelings.

I asked for facts and beyond the “briefing” statement you offer nothing, Thanks.

As to the “bankrupt” crap. I could care less. You know it’s not a fact, you know it’s got no substance and if the owner wants to rebut it I’m all ears.

Still looking for answers and facts. Thank you, Gilles.

Last edited by gillesf; 17 Dec 2010 at 19:15.
Old 18 Dec 2010, 04:24 (Ref:2805864)   #55
engbmw
Rookie

Brunei
Brunei
engbmw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bothfeetin View Post
Fucithalmic - Disappointing comment - how else do you think teams get drivers? And what is wrong to spend time and effort at the karting venue? I know IM and other FBMW team members were there as they also run in karting and or have drivers there - i.e. Bradley was running so it might have been why Goddard was there too; ditto with Eurointernational's Antonio; Atlantic sponsored a karter - so was somebody there? Yes - why not! And so on....

Here teams give prices to the public...seems that's not right either for you. What is it you want?
Or just filling the forum pages with your diarrhea of rumours and speculations? Where is the beef? Not in your upstairs room I guess!
Get informed, be informed and then start blubbering your thoughts in this forum or just fade away!

What is this? Are you sure? As if not - this is/could be a real damaging remark! Hope for all Asian racers, teams and organizers that this is just a unsubstantiated rumour spun out of the post season boredom of avid Forumites!

engbmw can you explain and have details?
I have not heard anything and Peter seems to be jolly and happy. And they had not a bad year, so I reckon.
sorry i was shocked by that rumour as well, because heard nothing like this from others !! people should be more careful with what they say !

about pricing for 2011:
it would be good , instead of giving silly comments, that people read these offers carefully and between the lines as well, to see the real figures !
if still not clear, just ask for explanation of the costs
lots of drivers complained that in the end they paid far more then it was written in the contract ! but why blame Teams ? they must make money to live. my advice is to look deeply in any contract !
if a Team like IM offering 130K, so what ? anybody ask them why ? i am sure not ! the people at IM are not crazy, so there must be some reason for giving such a pricing.

2010 was such a great season, the most competitive ever in FBMW Pacific, it raised the bar for all Teams and Drivers and we will see in 2011 how good the front runners really are, when they compete in Europe.

Now its not enough to do lots of winter testing, more guidance for the drivers in terms of driving and a supervised fitness program and a Team Manager that keeps all in Balance make sure that it is a Team where all work together.
For Team Principals they should be more patiened with the young Drivers, not overloading them with expectations that they have to win immediatly, as well as allowing the Team to go new routes with development and not shouting this is f..... after five laps and not doing 11's straight away !
i am convinced that 2011 will be much tougher then this year and if my time allow me i will watch it with pleasure from the outside !!

to all in here:
we all know that some people in here are directly connected to the series, so for the sake of all, please be more careful and positive, as this site is available in Europe and US as well, where it could be read from potential customers ! what may they feel in reading some of the bad comments ?

have a blessed Christmas
Old 18 Dec 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2805908)   #56
Sun 1
Racer

Sun 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of Bla Bla Bla for this series which is about to die.....Did you guys heard about a new series taking place in China and Malaysia that will kill all other Single Seater around this region??? F-Abarth.
Old 18 Dec 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2805996)   #57
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun 1 View Post
Did you guys heard about a new series taking place in China and Malaysia that will kill all other Single Seater around this region??? F-Abarth.
Yes, but it seems to be impossible to find any information about it – even a confirmation that it's going to happen.

Are you sure it'll race in Malaysia? I thought it was supposed to be in same events with new Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli Asia Pacific that has two meetings in China and two in Japan.
Old 18 Dec 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2806065)   #58
gillesf
Rookie

[QUOTE=Sun 1, China and Malaysia that will kill all other Single Seater around this region??? F-Abarth.[/QUOTE]

Thats great but why not start a new thread for that. Call it "proposed new class or formula dreams"

That would include the F. Abarth series that are said to ONE day run in the UK and your rumor statement of one in China.

I really like the class as run in Italy and now a Euro add on but as far as any facts of more new series' there are none.

This is a Formula Pacific thread and your posts do not belong here. Maybe someone with power to correct it's placement could move your comments there.

Thanks for your contribution.
Old 20 Dec 2010, 01:05 (Ref:2806383)   #59
engbmw
Rookie

Brunei
Brunei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun 1 View Post
A lot of Bla Bla Bla for this series which is about to die.....Did you guys heard about a new series taking place in China and Malaysia that will kill all other Single Seater around this region??? F-Abarth.
this should be another thread ! not FBMW/FPAC
anyway not new rumour , is around for month !
Old 20 Dec 2010, 05:23 (Ref:2806426)   #60
gillesf
Rookie

engbmw, In F. Pacific- Is there anyone signed for 2011 yet? any idea of numbers?
Old 20 Dec 2010, 07:32 (Ref:2806439)   #61
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
G'day! Who is going to sign for this package? The break today is not very convincing. Drivers want to see some confirmation.
Old 20 Dec 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2806494)   #62
engbmw
Rookie

Brunei
Brunei
Gillesf

i cannot say if any Drivers have signed yet, as i am not ivolved in the series.
what i know is that a lot of drivers will test as soon as cars are back at Sepang and that some drivers test with various Teams to find out what they possibly get for their money ! good that they getting clever now.
But be aware, on Test days is no scrutineering, so anything might be possible, dont get blind with fantastic Lap times, watch each Team !
I would suggest talk to everyone and find out what they offer for what costs, most important is can you find a level of understanding with the Team to make work in the stressful environment of a race weekend easier for you and for them.
if you need to know more you can email me: engbmw2000 at yahoo dot com
have blessed christmas
Old 20 Dec 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2806504)   #63
engbmw
Rookie

Brunei
Brunei
ahh, good day Mr. Juntos

would like to know where you get that bankrupt info from, very bad if cannot be proven !!

this are the Races that been named by AFOS
Date Venue Event Rounds
8-10 April Sepang Malaysian F1 Grand Prix 1, 2
27-29 May Sepang AFOS main event 3, 4, 5, 6
15-17 July Korea F1 Circuit AFOS main event 7, 8, 9, 10
5-7 August Guangdong AFOS main event 11, 12, 13, 14
23-25 September Singapore Singapore F1 Grand Prix 15, 16
28-30 October Delhi F1 Circuit Indian F1 Grand Prix 17, 18
18-20 November Macau Macau GP Invitational

Tesing Dates can be obtained from Sepang Cicuit
Old 21 Dec 2010, 05:50 (Ref:2806767)   #64
Slider48
Rookie

Malaysia
Malaysia
Slider48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this calendar is pretty firm. AFOS has said that they are only waiting for final confirmation for the F1 support races. AFOS has to pay for these (I've heard USD400,000 for one venue) and I guess they're waiting for Bernie's final ok.

As for the title sponsor, if it is a tyre company that is rather new to motorsports, as it seems it will be, I guess that someone needs to test the tyres before the final contract is signed.

Frustrating for those who plan to run but that's the way it goes.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 06:50 (Ref:2806774)   #65
gillesf
Rookie

Slider/eng, thank you for the updates of events. Thats great to have at least a clear picture. I will wait till its firm but thanks.

The number you posted makes things so very clear now. I never understood the lack of interest from BMW dealers in North America, lack of marketing, lack of interest on the customer level and the overall lack of interest in support for the drivers.

They needed F1 sponsors just to pay part of the millions per year paid to F1 for the series to run.

AFOS should think on this alittle more, talk about bad investments.

Glad its not my bill to pay. I can't sleep now because I am thinking this might be a waste of my funds and my payment to cover race entries, team expense for the year is only half of one event for AFOS. That's nuts!
Old 23 Dec 2010, 04:09 (Ref:2807609)   #66
Slider48
Rookie

Malaysia
Malaysia
Slider48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The F1 support events (and Macau) are the glamour races which are necessary to attract a wide range of drivers especially from outside Asia. No question these races give Formula Pacific a much higher profile.

The downside is the cost...
Old 24 Dec 2010, 10:01 (Ref:2808070)   #67
engbmw
Rookie

Brunei
Brunei
Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesf View Post

I never understood the lack of interest from BMW dealers in North America, lack of marketing, lack of interest on the customer level and the overall lack of interest in support for the drivers.
gillesf,
somehow you are right, but i known a Team in the US that had a big backup from BMW Dealership and got and given great maketing support for the Team and themselves.
so could be how do you talk and what you present an issue ????
But in Germany and UK championship the Teams had great success obtaining Sponsoring and support from various Dealers !

but anyway, as you should know, outside NASCAR and Indy its extremly difficult to obtain sponsors in the US and I think without the right marketing FBMW was always a bit too exotic for the US and they compete against such things as Russel Driving School, which has a big name in the US.
The FBMW System proved itself absolutly successful, as by now all Top Level Drivers are out of that Series and you can ask anyone that it was very hard, but they learned the basics to become successful !

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 25 Dec 2010, 02:25 (Ref:2808320)   #68
gillesf
Rookie

Eng, not what I ment. Sorry, I wrote dealers but ment BMW the company, which had a great tool but wasted it.

A few years back, Formula Renault was just launched in North America under FranAM and within a very short time in walked FBMW. It was presented on SpeedTV which I still remember, I was watching with my Dad. I can also remember his exact words, "that's the end of FranAm". At the time I never even knew it was Formula Renault.

Tackling the US market is never going to happen without a proper plan! It is Too large. A view (I probally formed based on my dad's rants) would be..

If BMW placed quailified drivers in cars that represented say 10 BMW dealers in each state they could have had 40-50 drivers per year. Each driver could have done one dealer per month marketing and the car could have been on tour in each state with its driver marketing at the local kart tracks, tradeshows, dealership open houses, golf tournements, or anything else to promote the BMW brand and that states dealers.

The per state contracted driver could have learnt and also taught the other karters how to work for the oppertunity to drive the car. Each of the 10 dealers could have offset the budget by there subcontracted support for the tire supplier, oil company, paint supplier or worked with their customers that might have been interested in marketing their own company through the BMW brand. Race days, open houses, golf, company incentives or any other untapped posibilities.

What happened was that teams seen a way to make a living off of some over indulged and over supported kids that did not understand what they have been given. Entry level open wheel racing is or at least was in the USA F1600 or F2000 in SCCA. Run on club level tracks not F1 or Indy car events with concrete walls and 0% run off space.

FBMW should have been maybe step 3 rather than step 1. Parents already spending 50-100,000 to race shifter karts in Stars of Karting were pretty easy targets for FBMW 's over valued 200+ budgets. Once the money ran out the kid stopped racing and went to college for business or whatever. FBMW was fine until the karters parents started questioning the value of FBMW at places like LimeRock, Miller Utah, Elkhart Lake or Virgina. The parents that watched the waste of shifter karts or JICA in Stars were not the same as the ones that created the problems in karting. They also were not willing to pay 200+ unless it offered more. FBMW ran out of parents willing to pay.

The series should have been built on teaching the kids how to work not how to sign autographs. They sold the dream for F1 but should have sold the value of hard work. They should have treated entry level racing as entry level professional racing not parent funded dream land.

BMW never knew what they created, they never used what they had and never supported the drivers.

BMW Failed! but only in my opinion.

I had a meeting last week about doing some desert stuff again and have been reading that Speed EuroSeries has just been added to the LeMans series as a feeder. Once again the Pacific series has waited to long to release information, F. Pacific might just have been my last attempt at running the Mygale chassis in a race series.

Merry Christmas to you all! I really appreciate talking, learning and having fun with all of you guys.

Hope the New Year, holds some speedy news releases.
Old 30 Dec 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2809397)   #69
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
World's youngest F1 test driver at 16, Nabil Jeffri to race for CRG Junior Team Asia for 2011. One less.
Old 30 Dec 2010, 15:42 (Ref:2809441)   #70
bothfeetin
Racer

Macao
Asia but soon GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesf View Post
engbmw, In F. Pacific- Is there anyone signed for 2011 yet? any idea of numbers?
Heard the two Swiss boys who ran for Atlantic in 2010 have now signed for 2011 Pacific as well as running in Lista over there.....can't be that expensive then, I mean running in two series at the same time? And is that allowed within the rules of Pacific? Actually a cool idea for people with the money to do a real racing year.

GillesF - I am sure you will not find any real answers in the forum like this. If the information on the teams websites are not right - I cannot change it but I use their information to be informed - or dis-informed! Not so sure in regards to AFOS and their ultimate goal for 2011 - I know that the tire will be released to all teams once the deal is signed - see the press release of AFOS. To be fair to AFOS - I think they have not lost an opportunity as of now. You as a driver - and if interested in F Pacific should really go there and talk to the teams when they test in Sepang. The test calendar surely can be obtained by writing them or the track. I also think it will not help you too much to just write to the teams - seeing is believing!
The rest of your wish list - spaces for sponsors on the cars - just look at the 2010 car pictures and that should basically tell you what can and what cannot be done - give and take. Any serious sponsor will understand some changes. And...do you really think that a true sponsor who believes in your ability to catch most of the camera time (would mean you are a front runner or fight a real fight in the race - again most likely up front), is concerned about some square centimeters/inches on the car? Missing the point perhaps as this is a beginner series for talents to be discovered and any marketing exposure will have a very limited effect. But yes - if one needs the money to run the series or any other one for that matter - you need sponsors and give them exposure.

Sorry if you felt being that nobody cares! Tough racing times makes a lot of people skirmish!
Re F Renault America - don't know too much about it but F Renault (Fran-m and its successors (2) were dropped and only after that FBMW came online - December 2003 so they said in their press release!

What is wrong with mentioning Formula Abarth here? It's a valid info and will help all of the interested parties....prices for sure will not drop as seen in Italy's premier season. And the car? FB2 chassis is superior - so the man with both car experiences said. The "new" Euro series will see changes in the Abarth car - how come?
BMW Company - the deal was that the independent BMW USA Company ran the series - not BMW Munich - a downfall on part of the US company and their unwillingness to co-operate! Perhaps Wikileaks will open up their emails to us - haha!
Have a safe one - and don't worry - all will be good!
Old 2 Jan 2011, 13:52 (Ref:2810202)   #71
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Among prominent talent now in the Iru1 Motorsports stable are 13-year-olds Timothy Yeo and Daniel Woodroof.

The duo are being courted by Meritus Racing from the Formula BMW Pacific series and both have been offered test slots with the team.

in http://thestar.com.my

Hope they are wise!
Old 3 Jan 2011, 06:31 (Ref:2810386)   #72
Fucithalmic
Rookie

Fucithalmic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys & gals, appologise that my past comments & opinion have been offensive or insensitive to some. Please don’t read into it as it may be open for all sorts of interpretation. Take it at face value only and make your own value judgment. I’m encouraged to note so much have been exchanged in this forum and plan to add further. Equipped with both Meritus & IM Racing’s brochure which I got in Macau, here are an extract of the season package quote from both teams for information. Also, Atlantic Racing Team’s packages are available at their website for download. Eurasia have been circulating their but I havent got a copy. Erain is very quiet. Likewise with regards to ART. I, like any other father will continue to monitor this space so as to gather more info to make informed decisions. Happy New Year folks.

Meritus’s Typical Champions Costs (as per Page 21):-

8-days pre-season testing @ Euro24k (i.e Euro3k per-day with tyres)
Championship Registration @ Euro15k
Race Engineering Fee for Full Season @ Euro150k
Optional 6 unofficial test days @ Euro18k (i.e Euro3k per-day with tyres)
TOTAL:- Euro209k

IM Racing 2011 Race Seat Package Price Guide (as per Page 7)

TOTAL:- Euro130k which package includes:-
All Formula Pacific registration, passes, testing & track cost & fees for driver;
The use of 1 legally & as per-regulation prepared Formula BMW FB02 race-car;
2-engines for the season (1-new);
1-blue-printed gearbox;
5-Private Test Days (new tires excluded);
All Official Test-Days (as per organizer's announcement);
7-race weekends anticipated with 19-rounds of racing;
All tires as per regulations for race weekends;
All tires as per-regulation for Official Test Days;
1set of new rain-tires for entire season;
All racing consumables – fuel, fluids, brake pads, clutches;
2-track hospitality passes (as per organizer's announcements);
Experienced engineers & mechanics (A1 GP’s, Formula BMW and Formula Renault experiences);
All shipping & inland transportation cost of the equipment & race car;
Full time engineering staff, data support & driver coaching.

Atlantic Racing Team Price Guide 2011 – Formula Pacific (v1)
Valid until April 30th, 2011

The following price is inclusive of all costs what we consider to be of necessity in order to be a front runner in Formula PACIFIC.
Please Note: ANY abuse of car or engine would increase this budget!

Euro 143k (based on a 3 car team) which includes:
All FBMW Registration, Passes, testing and track cost fees;
1 totally legal and as per regulations prepared car;
2 engines for the season;
1 new paint job in team or sponsor colours;
1 blue printed gearbox;
6 private test days, tires included;
All official test days (if so announced by the Organizer during the race weekend;
6 race weekends anticipated (see 2010 schedule) with 15 rounds;
All tires as per rules for race weekends;
All tires as per rules for official test days;
3 sets of new tires for team test days;
1 set of new rain tires for 2011 season;
Consumables – fuel, oil, brake pads, clutches;
Parts replacements of worn out parts;
Track hospitality (supported by Organizer's Hospitality tent - 2 Passes);
1 race mechanic (20 yrs experience - 7 year FB-2 experience);
1 experienced helper;
Shipping costs and inland transportation of container;
Full time team engineering staff, data support and coaching;
**Accident insurance with Euro 6,500 deductible is included, however the Driver has to be approved first by the insurer.
Old 5 Jan 2011, 01:19 (Ref:2811295)   #73
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Ace! Meritus' docket almost double IM Racing!
Old 5 Jan 2011, 05:45 (Ref:2811325)   #74
bothfeetin
Racer

Macao
Asia but soon GB
Fucithalmic... thanks...clears the air a bit about the pricing for 2011 Pacific. Don't worry about what you wrote.

Meritus - race engineering 150k? Must be inclusive car and so on as otherwise...I know of F1 engineers working for less!

Looks like IM has a good copier - saw this on another website with another team. But still, how much different can one be - I think this is an excellent offer and price. Their cars are in good shape, as far as I could see.

Atlantic - near same as last year I think as that what a driver told me but they always offer also help in funding through their sponsor - the unknown but also somewhat familiar name - Branson. Not Virgin? No real signage to speak off on their car in 2010.

Who was testing in Sepang? Any results/times? Not important yet but interesting to see who has new engines/"rebuild to spec (hmmm)" installed and did they have the new tires as per 2011 spec put on? Or are the tires not there yet?

Did any new team show up?
Is Champ out of this series?
ART - they must be testing already in Zhuhai - again Japanese boys?
Motaworld ? No news yet?
Eurointer - ???
Eurasia - the have 2 drivers signed? Rumours?

This will be a season to remember - either real good or just an end to an era...and a new beginning hopefully.
Old 5 Jan 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2811493)   #75
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bothfeetin View Post
Fucithalmic... thanks...clears the air a bit about the pricing for 2011 Pacific. Don't worry about what you wrote.

Meritus - race engineering 150k? Must be inclusive car and so on as otherwise...I know of F1 engineers working for less!

Looks like IM has a good copier - saw this on another website with another team. But still, how much different can one be - I think this is an excellent offer and price. Their cars are in good shape, as far as I could see.

Atlantic - near same as last year I think as that what a driver told me but they always offer also help in funding through their sponsor - the unknown but also somewhat familiar name - Branson. Not Virgin? No real signage to speak off on their car in 2010.

Who was testing in Sepang? Any results/times? Not important yet but interesting to see who has new engines/"rebuild to spec (hmmm)" installed and did they have the new tires as per 2011 spec put on? Or are the tires not there yet?

Did any new team show up?
Is Champ out of this series?
ART - they must be testing already in Zhuhai - again Japanese boys?
Motaworld ? No news yet?
Eurointer - ???
Eurasia - the have 2 drivers signed? Rumours?

This will be a season to remember - either real good or just an end to an era...and a new beginning hopefully.
Eurointernational has shipped cars to asia...should be 6