Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Jun 2007, 08:12 (Ref:1932967)   #1
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Kiwi Racing

If I had a dispute with a supplier I would spend a couple of hundred bucks on air fares and go and sort it out for there is no such thing as a problem, there is however a solution awaiting to be discovered.

The fact that this has not been done and that one side is trying to resolve the issue via the media and "pubilic opinion" whilst the other side maintains a silence suggests that the first party are not honoursble people to deal with
Old 9 Jun 2007, 08:30 (Ref:1932972)   #2
Bodog
Rookie

Australia
Bodog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another thread on TKR
How many of these TKR threads do we need?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96075

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97208
Old 9 Jun 2007, 08:33 (Ref:1932975)   #3
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodog
Er, you do realise that those other threads are locked.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 08:40 (Ref:1932980)   #4
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bodog: Would it be rude for a Kiwi to perhaps point out that to most of us Kiwi motorsport fans, we are all interested in the TKR situation.

New Zealand has proven time and time again that we are a passionate V8 Supercar fan base - Pukekohe has one of the biggest crowd attendances of the season - and we are a parochial bunch.

Right now, TKR is of near and dear interest to most people in NZ. Just other day, as a showing of loyalty, I donned my TKR shirt to show support. I was in a shop and no less than 6 people approached me and asked me if I worked for TKR and what the given situation there was. Of course, I couldn't comment as I didn't know.

But that's not the point, the point is is that the public have an interest and as such want information. TKR has a big under-current of support and interest here in NZ and people want to know. So threads will keep appearing!
Old 9 Jun 2007, 08:58 (Ref:1932989)   #5
Bodog
Rookie

Australia
Bodog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ
Er, you do realise that those other threads are locked.
Apolologies - I hadn't noticed that one was and a new thread suggested - but http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...t=97208&page=4 still looks open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Bodog: Would it be rude for a Kiwi to perhaps point out that to most of us Kiwi motorsport fans, we are all interested in the TKR situation.!

I'm a kiwi myself - so understand the interest in TKR's future and Kiwi pride (can't say they're my team though) - I was just suggesting it stay in existing threads

Kiwi's still have plenty of drivers to support this weekend

and with Hamilton next year I bet there'll be some keen business's ready to step up with sponsorship - although it's looking like the America's Cup might be heading back your way and then everyone will chuck their money at Team NZ

Last edited by Bodog; 9 Jun 2007 at 09:00.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 09:19 (Ref:1933001)   #6
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
Bodog: Would it be rude for a Kiwi to perhaps point out that to most of us Kiwi motorsport fans, we are all interested in the TKR situation.

New Zealand has proven time and time again that we are a passionate V8 Supercar fan base - Pukekohe has one of the biggest crowd attendances of the season - and we are a parochial bunch.

Right now, TKR is of near and dear interest to most people in NZ. Just other day, as a showing of loyalty, I donned my TKR shirt to show support. I was in a shop and no less than 6 people approached me and asked me if I worked for TKR and what the given situation there was. Of course, I couldn't comment as I didn't know.

But that's not the point, the point is is that the public have an interest and as such want information. TKR has a big under-current of support and interest here in NZ and people want to know. So threads will keep appearing!
I think most of the public want to know where the money went to buy the new car.

There is so much dirty laundry in TKR, but as usual they are playing what happened.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 09:55 (Ref:1933019)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
TKR has a big under-current of support and interest here in NZ and people want to know. So threads will keep appearing!
And they can keep appearing, as long as every post in the thread isnt a "jeez I could do a better job, David John should just walk away" kinda discussion.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Jun 2007, 10:00 (Ref:1933023)   #8
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
And they can keep appearing, as long as every post in the thread isnt a "jeez I could do a better job, David John should just walk away" kinda discussion.
and.."Respect my authoritie..." hey, Cartman?
Old 9 Jun 2007, 10:43 (Ref:1933044)   #9
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsport
and.."Respect my authoritie..." hey, Cartman?
I laughed.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 10:59 (Ref:1933055)   #10
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
Considering you started the original thread and then posted every news article you could find, why the change in feeling ?

You added fuel to the fire when you could, why the sudden change ?

Big Boned

Last edited by DJJ; 9 Jun 2007 at 11:02.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 11:05 (Ref:1933058)   #11
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I heard at the time, the money raised from the NZ public was the initial payment towards the purchase of the car, so the money is sitting in the car that FPR are holding onto....

I am just wondering tho, if TKR are so in the 'wrong' why have the solicitors come out saying they don't owe any money - it is not as if TKR would be their only clients, therefore their reputation is on the line, Clare Ponton of Ford NZ has come out on the radio saying they will support TKR and help with mediation - why would they do that if they thought TKR was in the wrong, and why are the sponsors all sticking around (after all one news said they had phoned around and no sponsors were planning on pulling out).

Also, where did the $1.5 million from Ford come from (mentioned in the other thread), when I was talking to a ford dealer a while ago, they were talking $100,000 a year....
Old 9 Jun 2007, 12:35 (Ref:1933103)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ
Considering you started the original thread and then posted every news article you could find, why the change in feeling ?

You added fuel to the fire when you could, why the sudden change ?
The fuel to the fire is around things that didnt add up at the time... when pressed the answers were not wholly what was expected. But thats a question of a management choice around the application of funds in the racing team, and their choice of driver in different circumstances.

We have entered a different world now... a failure to appear at Eastern Creek potentially puts the team's franchise licence slot up for review by TEGA ... especially as this is the 2nd time in 2 years that it has happened... and while the first one was (very) begrudgingly allowed... this one may lead somewhere interesting....

At the same time, it is solicitors at dawn between this team and one of their contractors. Potential exists for a counter claim for lack of specific performance of the contract. So we are looking at a potential legal skirmish, in two parts: around the termination of services of a car preparer and the choice of the driver to terminate his services.

None of this was happening when the previous posts questioned who was going to be behind the wheel of the car, or the method used to accumulate funds to secure the new car.

We have seen an escalation in the level of seriousness to levels not in place with this team previously. And quite frankly, it is very difficult to determine from this position who is in the right and who is in the wrong, and the specific circumstances around it all. So we wont.

We need to continue to be careful in the choice of phraseology and directional discussions and not make claims that cannot be supported with a reasoned argument demonstrated purely as speculative, or where a media outlet has made a proclamation, reporting their views and again building a reasoned argument.

My initial thoughts and misunderstandings remain... but they pale into insignificance compared to the position this team now finds itself in. So the position doesnt change, but the treatment of the new circumstances certainly does.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 12:53 (Ref:1933119)   #13
v8smoker
Racer

Bahrain
tent
v8smoker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would not call FPR the bad guys here untill you have all the facts,It is no secreat that TKR have been short of dough for a long time well the whole time really, You want to know where the money goes,Firstly Driver payment the RAT is'nt in this deal for the love of NZ, he has never come cheap in the last 10 to 15yrs.To run a top level car each week plus make the repayments for the chassis plus engine costs let a loan the short fall from last season,Not to forget Big Daves handsom cut.
Old 9 Jun 2007, 23:11 (Ref:1933562)   #14
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree we should not call FPR the bad guys here without all the facts.

We should not call TKR the bad guys here without all the facts also.
Old 10 Jun 2007, 00:26 (Ref:1933591)   #15
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8smoker
I would not call FPR the bad guys here untill you have all the facts,It is no secreat that TKR have been short of dough for a long time well the whole time really, You want to know where the money goes,Firstly Driver payment the RAT is'nt in this deal for the love of NZ, he has never come cheap in the last 10 to 15yrs.To run a top level car each week plus make the repayments for the chassis plus engine costs let a loan the short fall from last season,Not to forget Big Daves handsom cut.
Not to mention the extraordinary amount spent on repairing the panel and paint damage after just about every race meeting and with this driver, that repair bill seems to be extraordinary, not even counting the 'big' one that led us to where we are now.

And 'Daves' hansome cut.?? 'Dave' is the Owner of this Team. He has poured everything he has, and more into the Team. I dont think he takes a 'cut' as such. He IS the Team and the team is HIM. They are not seperable.
Old 10 Jun 2007, 00:29 (Ref:1933595)   #16
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC

SPOT ON. but then again, FACTS like that do not feed the Forum vultures
Old 10 Jun 2007, 00:31 (Ref:1933596)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Looked pretty clean after Parc Ferme at Winton...

Old 10 Jun 2007, 00:38 (Ref:1933601)   #18
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
AND, its even got both side mirrors. A truly amazing feat.
Psssst what a grand looking car that is Livery wise.
Old 10 Jun 2007, 00:49 (Ref:1933605)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I quite like this one myself (look familiar to anyone??)..

... if they can take a bit from one and the other and make something new that stands out against the other "all black" cars from Jack Daniels... then that would make for a better branding exercise.
Old 10 Jun 2007, 00:50 (Ref:1933606)   #20
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC

This is probably the best post to date on the subject, and a mantra against which all future posts should be judged.

Clearly there is a difference of view between TKR, FPR and indeed Paul Radisich. The truth is murkily buried in a deluge of press releases (Paul excluded who has retained a dignifiied, if misterious, silence). Whilst all parties are presenting the facts as they understand them, I suspect even they are only aware of part of the story. The whole thing is a sad, sorry mess and will reveal itself in time but until then, I think everyone would be better avoiding washing their dirty linen in public.

A great pity, really, and sad that it is largely attributed to a serious incident which wasn't really the fault of either team or driver,
Old 10 Jun 2007, 01:04 (Ref:1933612)   #21
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think thats a big call bazz, I have never seen the Rat as a crash and bash driver.

Maybe because of the machinery he has had to drive, he always back in the pack where all the damage tends to happen, he has given you this impression.
Old 10 Jun 2007, 02:25 (Ref:1933651)   #22
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow thats the first time i've had a good look at a BA and BF supercar together and it's amazing the diference is in the fromr spliter and side skirts, the front spliter isn't like a shovel anymore and the skirts arn't just square.

GTR they blend with JDR now if they took some orange off the prodegy car they would blend with Tasman and Toll and having those blend is bad enough let alone having another car blend with them.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 10 Jun 2007 at 02:28.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 05:55 (Ref:1934668)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Motorsport News alludes to 3 options for this team for Darwin... If we apply a little logic, perhaps these are the three choices available to the team:

- Prodigy Motorsport car prepared by Prodigy Motorsport for TKR (as discussed in the article)
- FPR car prepared by someone other than FPR (presuming FPR is a willing seller and TKR can find a car preparer)
- Dont show up at Darwin (which may annoy TEGA, and invoke the $150k liquidated damages fine)

Presumably a deal needs to be done this week (or actually in the next few days) so the truck can leave for Darwin... and there has been no news thus far...
Old 12 Jun 2007, 06:20 (Ref:1934679)   #24
DJJ
Racer

Quote:
Motorsport News alludes to 3 options for this team for Darwin... If we apply a little logic, perhaps these are the three choices available to the team:

- Prodigy Motorsport car prepared by Prodigy Motorsport for TKR (as discussed in the article)
- FPR car prepared by someone other than FPR (presuming FPR is a willing seller and TKR can find a car preparer)
- Dont show up at Darwin (which may annoy TEGA, and invoke the $150k liquidated damages fine)

Presumably a deal needs to be done this week (or actually in the next few days) so the truck can leave for Darwin... and there has been no news thus far...
Lets just say that this week is the future of TKR, I have heard that equipment was removed from the HQ for matters which we can't talk about

Not sure on your last point there, if they fail to show again they risk the loss of the liscence I think.
Old 12 Jun 2007, 07:50 (Ref:1934724)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ
Lets just say that this week is the future of TKR, I have heard that equipment was removed from the HQ for matters which we can't talk about
Since all of the racing equipment is in Australia, does anything that happens at the NZ HQ, presuming it did happen of course, make any difference?