Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Oct 2008, 17:42 (Ref:2314063)   #476
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think its very important to note that there are three very good restaurants in Stavelot. The rest are just good.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2314133)   #477
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That makes three very good reasons to stop off there,how about it Tim?
Old 16 Oct 2008, 19:21 (Ref:2314137)   #478
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Sounds good Terry, I'll fit my bike rack and a couple of bikes, it'll ave the walk.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 19:25 (Ref:2314140)   #479
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was going to suggest that whoever does the extra lap buys dinner,but see-ing as your going to supply the bikes,I wont .
Old 16 Oct 2008, 20:19 (Ref:2314187)   #480
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you guys park your car after the Kemmel straight in front of the gate, I will drive you to the restaurant and join in, obviously. After that I will bring you back to your cars, so you can race on for a while.

Then I will have you disqualified for getting further away from your car than allowed.
Old 16 Oct 2008, 21:20 (Ref:2314219)   #481
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Or for "Outside Assistance". Bit like finding a "Battery Tree" on the outside of Eau Rouge really.
Old 17 Oct 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2314821)   #482
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The things that grow or "just" can be found at a racetrack, eh.
Old 17 Oct 2008, 18:37 (Ref:2314902)   #483
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quite amaizing Eddy,obviously I cant remember who found the "Tree",but I'm sure whoever it was would have been very greatful.
Old 19 Oct 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2316128)   #484
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
All this chat and I nearly forgot that Jeremy Hall was really impressed with the race numbers on the "B",glad you liked them Jeremy,I was going to repeat what you said,but thought better of it.

Not so sure we'll be getting a full results set this year see-ing as the final results were sent via e-mail.Just curious on the hourly sheets,if anyone has a set they would not mind scanning and forwarding to me it would be much appreciated.

Last edited by terence; 19 Oct 2008 at 19:39.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 13:22 (Ref:2319096)   #485
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
As usual just decided to check over the car for Brands this weekend (diff change etc) . On the first lap of Barry's Spa race the cockpit was filled up with the stink of burning gear oil and I left a fair old smoke screen behind , I thought that I'd just overfilled it.
This morning with the car on the ramp to my horror I saw that the gearbox level bung was missing . On removing the drain bung a couple of drips came out but no iron filings or gear teeth !
As a few of you may know I am part sponsored by ZX1 and have always used it in the engine and transmission. As lots of people poo hoo these additives as "snake oil" but I don't think I could have done an hour of Spa with an empty gearbox . I know somebody that forgot to fill a rebuilt gearbox and seized it up when revving the engine in the workshop.
As I didn't have any mechanics at Spa I'll admit this was down to me not tightening it up. I hope it holds together as I haven't rebuilt my spare that I changed at Spa , but knowing my luck it probably wont
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Oct 2008, 13:50 (Ref:2319107)   #486
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
As I didn't have any mechanics at Spa I'll admit this was down to me not tightening it up. I hope it holds together as I haven't rebuilt my spare that I changed at Spa , but knowing my luck it probably wont
I nearly offered to help as well. Thank **** I didn't
Old 23 Oct 2008, 17:03 (Ref:2319231)   #487
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
As its the Spa thread the first time i went to the track i had an old Transit motor home going up the last hills the gearbox was making a horrable noise i did not think i was going to get there let alone return. Anyway at the track sure enough gearbox empty. Well filled it up with EP 80 and do you know what that old motor home kept on running for a couple of more years . No noise what so ever. Shame it rusted away that was after i set fire to the sausages and nearly set fire to the Motorhome. Happy days.
Old 23 Oct 2008, 17:55 (Ref:2319266)   #488
JP12
Rookie

England
Bristol
JP12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDB2s
Andy's old DB2 goes quite well 'not half bad for an old un'
even better with Andy at the helm

Great write up Peter.
Who's MGB has the Green or Blue light on the roof, absolutely brilliant through Eau Rouge

Chris
Just read this whole thread, really interesting and some great pics.

I was spectating at the bottom of Eau Rouge for the last 2 hours of the race and the fastest MGB was definitely the red no 19 (MG Motorsport) car which had a green light on the roof. I checked the results on Sunday and that car did a 3.06 in the last two hours, so I'm quite sure it was that one.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 01:57 (Ref:2319527)   #489
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP12
Just read this whole thread, really interesting and some great pics.

I was spectating at the bottom of Eau Rouge for the last 2 hours of the race and the fastest MGB was definitely the red no 19 (MG Motorsport) car which had a green light on the roof. I checked the results on Sunday and that car did a 3.06 in the last two hours, so I'm quite sure it was that one.
Could you hear the difference in the exhaust note as it went past? - you certainly could from the pit wall. Two other cars sounded different too. Funnily enough they all went well under 3.10
Old 24 Oct 2008, 06:28 (Ref:2319585)   #490
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Thesecapacity problems are very easily solved,just need a Jeremy Hall /HSCC Silverstone repeat,if the intention was made known that the heads would be removed after practice at the drivers briefing,!!.It worked then so would work again,only problem at Spa this year would have meant having only about 4 Bs left out of the 14 that were entered!

Last edited by terence; 24 Oct 2008 at 06:31.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2319626)   #491
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Its a good job they didn't Terry, although as your car broke down you wouldn't have got found out
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Oct 2008, 08:54 (Ref:2319690)   #492
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
Its a good job they didn't Terry, although as your car broke down you wouldn't have got found out

I'll not put in print but the first word begins in F
Old 24 Oct 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2319789)   #493
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Fool?
Old 24 Oct 2008, 11:51 (Ref:2319863)   #494
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I'll not put in print but the first word begins in F
Would the second word start with o ?
Old 24 Oct 2008, 12:54 (Ref:2319907)   #495
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Gordon does live in Spain so i am going for Foolo.!"
Old 24 Oct 2008, 16:16 (Ref:2320072)   #496
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents
Would the second word start with o ?
At least someone knows where this could go.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2320199)   #497
23e Heure
Rookie

23e Heure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Film: Spa 6 Hours 2008 - Part 1

_
Race start: http://www.youtube.com/v/uTT9TLXilcM&hl=en&fs=1

_
I have loads of footage, too little time to cut and shut it though. Part 2 coming soon...
Old 24 Oct 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2320210)   #498
ClassicRacingTV
Rookie

Netherlands
ClassicRacingTV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23e Heure
_
Race start: http://www.youtube.com/v/uTT9TLXilcM&hl=en&fs=1

_
I have loads of footage, too little time to cut and shut it though. Part 2 coming soon...
Nice one!
From what car was the on-board footage filmed?
Old 24 Oct 2008, 20:46 (Ref:2320241)   #499
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
23e Heure Good shots and editing. Was this recorded on digi tape or hard drive or both ?
Old 24 Oct 2008, 20:55 (Ref:2320247)   #500
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
At least someone knows where this could go.
Chinga usted !!!! I don't think you will translate this on bablefish.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 24 Oct 2008 at 20:58.