Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 Dec 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1478526)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton MSV Trackday Dec 14th

So are we all looking forward to MSV Marshal's Snett Trackday on Dec 14th?

Who's going to be there - and any interesting vehicles??

Terry
Old 6 Dec 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1478531)   #2
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i shall be there, the old bone shaker i drive isnt going round the track,(plus as a certain person insists i am the crash magnet, decided to play safe lol) so just going to watch and hopefully some of the fast rides. Is there anything we need to bring with us and do you know what time the fun kicks off?
Old 6 Dec 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1478542)   #3
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Last message that I received from Mr. Stephen Green stated that if same as at Oulton Park times would be Sign on 07.30 to 08.30 Driver briefing 08.30 to 09.00 then track open 09.00 onwards.

Also suggest bringing along your MSA card and Driving licence, Helmet if you have one available (and have a light breakfast!!!) Anything else that i've forgotten Stephen - apart from a suitable set of 4 wheels?

For me - may have to be wife's Almera Hatch - might just handle rather better than my Tino 2.2 diesel - however swapping the engines around between the two might be an even better option if I had the time (and ability!!) Still trying for a Renault Trafic SWB Diesel White Van though!!! You know what for Andy!

Hopefully should have a top spec 2cv to take us round if all goes to plan too!

Terry
Old 6 Dec 2005, 21:48 (Ref:1478547)   #4
snetmarshal
Racer

cheers for that terry, mind you grading card could be a problem, havent been able to find it recently lol

Was trying to get a peugeot boxer van, cos when i drove one of them was overtaking everything lol

Wll speak to Jez end of week, he is away on course at mo, know he is picking new car up then, not sure if he will have time to get it ready tho. altho if some drivers are willing to let them drive his car sure he will be more than willing if he is about

be good to go out in 2cv, get a different perspective of them. mind you 24 hr is looking like a def not miss meeting next year.

hope you keeping well
Old 6 Dec 2005, 21:52 (Ref:1478552)   #5
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My MGB will get a few laps under her wheels if I can get a small enough crash helmet!
Old 6 Dec 2005, 22:47 (Ref:1478578)   #6
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Andy,

Suggest if you cannot find MSA card (even an old one from previous seasons) may be worth bringing a passport for photo id purposes or perhaps a BRSCC season pass with photo. Have you e-mailed Stephen to be entered on his list?

Also please don't tell my wife about her car being used if you happen to see her next season!! Luckily it's just gone through it's MOT, insurance renewed and a good set of tyres (at the moment!!) Hope she doesn't know my password to get on here either!

And yes keeping fine thanks, just been extremely busy recently and on hols last week hence not on here much lately.

Also can you put something together for me in writing as to what attracts you to the 24hr 2cv meetings as per the 2cv thread - would be extremely helpful - and you too Asp please, wouldn't mind if it's in French in your case!!

Terry
Old 6 Dec 2005, 22:51 (Ref:1478580)   #7
snetmarshal
Racer

Hi Terry, yes did email Stephen a while ago to be put on list, have got some old MSA cards so will bring one of them along.

I am sure my silence cant be bought re not telling your wife ! lol Of course working in insurance, should the worst happen, i can help you out !!!

Blimey you setting em homework now !! Yep i shall think up something as to why standing on a dark post at 3am in the rain is actaully great fun!, will drop you a line
Old 7 Dec 2005, 10:12 (Ref:1478797)   #8
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell
Also suggest bringing along your MSA card and Driving licence, Helmet if you have one available (and have a light breakfast!!!) Anything else that i've forgotten Stephen - apart from a suitable set of 4 wheels?
All we were asked for at Oulton was a driving licence - if you're on Stephen's list that will by inference establish your credentials as a marshal. A point to bear in mind is that even if you only intend going on track as a passenger you need to be signed on.
Old 7 Dec 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1478924)   #9
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm.. 7.30 to 8.30 is a bit early. Plan to be there at 8.30 but may be late, traffic, getting lost etc. I'll be taking my diesel skoda so i'm sure there'll be plenty of jokes! Though its not actually standard
Old 7 Dec 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1478932)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner
I'll be taking my diesel skoda so i'm sure there'll be plenty of jokes! Though its not actually standard
No, I disagree. I used to have a Skoda, and the jokes were definitely standard.
Old 10 Dec 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1481286)   #11
snetmarshal
Racer

well looking like I shall not be attending now, was happily driving down A12 to see family today and the suspension collapsed on the car (not recomended at 70mph!), Breakdown truck has just off loaded my sorry looking car and whilst lowered supspension would help it corner, i somehow think this is to low! so people have a good day
Old 11 Dec 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1481667)   #12
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Andy, that's bad news so we will not do all the Fix It Again Tomorrow jokes. If you do want to be there just pm or e-mail me with your address and I'm sure I can arrange a lift for you.

Terry
Old 11 Dec 2005, 15:01 (Ref:1481683)   #13
snetmarshal
Racer

Thanks Terry, Fix It Again Tomorrow is no good now,beyond that!! car is outside looking very sorry! think it has now done its last trip!
Old 12 Dec 2005, 21:55 (Ref:1482633)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry for the delay ladies and gents, just home from Dubai and the A1GP.

E-mails sent this evening so anyone who hasn't received them MUST e-mail me asap or call me at work tomorrow on 020 7002 3511...

Off to shower now...Have fun Wednesday!
Old 13 Dec 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1483253)   #15
snetstan
Rookie

snetstan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton Track Day

If you are attending the track day at Snetterton on the 14th dont forget your MSA licence, and driving licence. Crash helmets will be available from race admin.
Cars will not be scrutineered, it is up to you make sure they are safe.
We will be running the usual track day system of (voluntary) fines for spinners, missed flags, running out if petrol etc. So far this year we have raised over £3500 for the East Anglia Air Ambulance.
I will be signing on and in the pit lane , so see you there.
STAN
Old 14 Dec 2005, 07:53 (Ref:1483652)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I would point out that in the past it has not been a requirement for you to provide your MSA licence, merely your drivers licence.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 07:57 (Ref:1483653)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I have merged the two threads as it seems rather silly to have two on the same subject.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1484051)   #18
snetstan
Rookie

snetstan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

What a wonderful day at Snetterton. The weather was kind and you all went home with straight cars. The only casualty was Tracey. I hope you made it home OK and the mechanical gremlins are not too bad. With only two spins reported all day, I would like to congratulate you all for the standard of driving as well as the generous contributions to the Air Ambulance.
I have passed thanks on to Jamie and particularly Charlie BH for driving the pace car.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
See you all at training day
STAN
Old 14 Dec 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1484133)   #19
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
I would like to second Stan's comments and also say a sincere thank you to Stephen for liaising on our behalf with Mr Palmer and MSV and to Jamie, Charlie, Stan and indeed all the MSV circuit marshals for their dedication during the day.

It was a great day and also some great rides with Mark Hadfield in the Spitfire and Charlie in the Clio - greatly appreciated by everyone I'm sure.

Now all I need is a bit more power in the Nissan Almera and some stiffer anti-roll bars!!!!

Andy & Phil - you must be brave between you - riding as passengers with me!

Terry
Old 14 Dec 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1484156)   #20
snetmarshal
Racer

Would also like to reiterate thanks, was a great day, I was only being a passenger but was still serious fun, Thanks also to Terry for driving me to and from circuit aswell as around (your secret is safe with me!! lol) The spitfire and clio rides were good fun and very entertaining

Now all i need is a car with a suspension in one piece never mind stiffer anti-roll bars!!

Andy
Old 14 Dec 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1484247)   #21
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the short amount of track action I got, I had a great time, so thanks to all who arranged this, made it possible and gave up their time. I have to add a big thanks to my cousin for coming over and following me home. All donations for a new B Series engine greatly appreciated - she's ok for everyday pootling, but I guess the engine has just not got the capacity left to do track days. Further investigations confirmed the initial fear that the piston rings are on their way out!

Again, thanks to all involved in this day!!!
Old 14 Dec 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1484250)   #22
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Tracey, glad to hear that you managed to home safely, sorry that engine's feeling unwell, hope it's back to full health soon.

Glad you enjoyed the day even with the problems - good to see you there.

Terry