Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Sep 2017, 18:42 (Ref:3770341)   #1051
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
As for Cooper and the Scuderia Corsa program, he'll be in a car that hasn't been subjected to the BoP hammer the way the Merc and Porsche have. He also has a lot of experience in Ferrari Challenge, but to be fair - he had a ton of time in Porsche as well. I hope the experiment works out for both sides.

I was hoping Christina and Balzan might be able to move up to GTLM, but that is pure fantasy. However, sliding into the MSR program would seem a very realistic fit.

On the subject of Cadillac shuttering the PWC program, I wonder what will happen to Cooper and O'Connell.

Chris
I don't understand how the MB could be hammered back but Bleekemolen has himself in second in the standings. I'll admit I've only been able to watch a few races and well GTD might as well not be on track until there's an incident as far as FS is concerned.

As for Caddy, I'm thinking O'Connell is going to join Fellows as a PR guy and professional handshaker. And his tv duties just so we can hear him be excited. I think we will see Cooper in other GM toys, possibly enduro driver for Caddy or Vette program possibly moving up to full-time. Plus if GM decides to allow a PWC only Callaway him running in it as a loan. LONG shot but strange things happen in sportscars.
Old 28 Sep 2017, 18:51 (Ref:3770342)   #1052
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An MSR/Acura program for Nielsen and Balzan would also make a lot of sense.

Agreed with Cooper moving over to a supporting role in other GM teams, it makes a lot of sense. He also has the relationship with the Taylors at this point so if Ricky moves to Acura, perhaps he moves into WTR?

O'connell I would guess might hang up the helmet, but he seems like he hasn't lost the fire. Maybe he'll get to run the Nurburgring 24 with some other make?
Old 29 Sep 2017, 02:14 (Ref:3770432)   #1053
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
RLL's new beast looks pretty good.

https://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/to.../mission8.html

L.P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Did they for sure get the nod to continue next year for BMW? Hopefully so.

Overall I like it, but there's no getting around the size of that thing. Also, is #Mission8 a little weirdly too close to Porsche's Mission: Future Sportscar tagline? (probably just me i know)
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14458...w-gtlm-program

L.P.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 15:06 (Ref:3770584)   #1054
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/144585-rll-tipped-to-keep-bmw-gtlm-program

L.P.

Last edited by WolfsburgRS; 29 Sep 2017 at 15:21.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 23:55 (Ref:3770651)   #1055
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mentioned in the PWC thread, but Callaway now allowed to sell the C7R GT3 in the US so interested to see if it'll have any takers in IMSA as well as PWc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 Sep 2017, 11:45 (Ref:3770708)   #1056
Slipknot
Rookie

United States
Texas
Slipknot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Mentioned in the PWC thread, but Callaway now allowed to sell the C7R GT3 in the US so interested to see if it'll have any takers in IMSA as well as PWc

DSC reporting that they can now sell the C7 GT3 in the US.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 14:00 (Ref:3770972)   #1057
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
DSC reporting that they can now sell the C7 GT3 in the US.

Literally what I just said

Old 3 Oct 2017, 16:53 (Ref:3771549)   #1058
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I think IMSA should consider dropping GTD from Laguna Seca to help save costs for them. It will cut out the whole west coast for them which is a big savings in the travel and lodging budget.

So there are good things here to come from this idea:

1) Regionalizes the map for GTD teams more.
2) Fans out west still get GT3 racing from PWC and the 8 hours of Laguna
3) Laguna IMSA race will still get a nice sized grid with GTLM and a now larger prototype full season entry list anticipated. Plus they have no pit space issues with no GTD there thus allowing them to keep full 2 hour 40 minute race.

Something like this could help retain that full season GTD grid to 15 cars or more. The budgets looks like got way out of control this year.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 01:07 (Ref:3771651)   #1059
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting proposal.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 01:35 (Ref:3771655)   #1060
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Since the recent announcement that RLL has been tipped to keep the BMW Factory contract in the US for GTLM, what do you all think this means for Andretti. As far as I knew, Andretti was one of the higher profile teams looking at taking the BMW contract for next year. Where do you think, if at all, Andretti will look to next in IMSA? Or do you all think he will stick to Indycar and GRC only?

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14458...w-gtlm-program

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 4 Oct 2017 at 01:43.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 14:45 (Ref:3771783)   #1061
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
No surprise (and quite frankly did anyone of us really expected a privateer DPi?):

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14472...likely-in-2018

Do we feel IMSA should make it mandatory for DPi mnfs. to offer their cars to privateers as part of their participation?
Old 4 Oct 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3771789)   #1062
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Cadillac and Mazda do.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 18:14 (Ref:3771841)   #1063
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Cadillac and Mazda do.
Ok, but where are they? Doesn't look like anyone can 'buy' a DPi. Not at least until 2019 and that depends on how the teams perform it seems. So maybe no new customer DPi's until the new ruleset. It doesn't look likely at least
Old 4 Oct 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3771856)   #1064
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Possible .. Land to team with Starworks for a full season + a second for the NAEC in an Audi GTD. (?)

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/la...on-gtd-effort/

L.P.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 20:04 (Ref:3771860)   #1065
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Ok, but where are they? Doesn't look like anyone can 'buy' a DPi. Not at least until 2019 and that depends on how the teams perform it seems. So maybe no new customer DPi's until the new ruleset. It doesn't look likely at least
You can 100% buy them.

AXR actually is a customer Cadillac team this year. The only "factory" Cadillac is the WTR car.

No one has a Mazda because they're junk as of now.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 20:15 (Ref:3771864)   #1066
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
If you could 100% buy them SDR would have one. Sounds about as "available to customers" as the Z28.R and the ATS-V.R.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 20:22 (Ref:3771865)   #1067
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
If you could 100% buy them SDR would have one. Sounds about as "available to customers" as the Z28.R and the ATS-V.R.
SDR wanted to go with the Riley/Mazda package and be closer aligned to the Riley factory.

Then the Riley was ****.

That's why they leased the Ligier.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 20:58 (Ref:3771868)   #1068
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
You can 100% buy them.

AXR actually is a customer Cadillac team this year. The only "factory" Cadillac is the WTR car.

No one has a Mazda because they're junk as of now.
Not from what MP has reported time and again, and repeated in the Racer article with no new DPis expected for 2018. GM rep said they're staying with the same three for next year, so where are they available to buy one?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 5 Oct 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3771983)   #1069
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, if the Caddy was for sale, more than three would be out there by now. However with BOP, why not just buy a bone stock LMP2 since that's what DPIs performance parameters are supposed to be based around? Also considering that one (a Ligier) did win last time out at Laguna Seca and JDC's Oreca has run well most of the year.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 12:09 (Ref:3772060)   #1070
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dagys had this snipit in his most recent notebook posting

“IMSA is set to make a series of announcements on Friday morning, while also providing further details on its new partnership with Michelin, which goes into effect in 2019. Also included during the event will be a team car unveiling for next year.”
Old 5 Oct 2017, 12:51 (Ref:3772066)   #1071
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Yep, if the Caddy was for sale, more than three would be out there by now. However with BOP, why not just buy a bone stock LMP2 since that's what DPIs performance parameters are supposed to be based around? Also considering that one (a Ligier) did win last time out at Laguna Seca and JDC's Oreca has run well most of the year.

Actually there are 5 at least.
2 WRT (one chassis as spare) and 3 AXR (2 main + one spare already used after long beach if am I not wrong).
It would interesting to see if SoD has purchased their ligier or if onroak is just leasing them the car for the last 3 races.
Don't think will be too complicated for GM and dallara to prepare a pair of new cadillacs dpi if a team is interested to get them.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 13:05 (Ref:3772070)   #1072
MaskedRacer
Veteran

I find it funny how the Indycar fans are enjoying a taste of whine and cheese about Helio and JPM. They think that Roger Penske is putting them out to pasture by putting them in the Acura sportscar ride.

What a bunch of crybabies. They underestimate how prestigious and big the IMSA Weathertech series has become now. Helio still has the coveted Indy 500 ride for 2018. Would not surprise me if Juan gets one too.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 13:08 (Ref:3772071)   #1073
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Dagys had this snipit in his most recent notebook posting

“IMSA is set to make a series of announcements on Friday morning, while also providing further details on its new partnership with Michelin, which goes into effect in 2019. Also included during the event will be a team car unveiling for next year.”
Ok this is purely my own guess and speculation. I will say a Callaway Corvette.
Old 5 Oct 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3772078)   #1074
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Panoz Green GT (or whatever the bugger is called).
Old 5 Oct 2017, 15:18 (Ref:3772104)   #1075
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Panoz Green GT (or whatever the bugger is called).
If it is Panoz than anything other than a resurrection of the Panoz GTR1 would be a bummer.