Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jan 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4027878)   #176
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Still it remains a very reliable way of transportation. When you think that a triple 7 can weight more than 350 tons and flies like a dragonfly or a humming-bird…
Old 9 Jan 2021, 19:59 (Ref:4027879)   #177
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
So this is a screenshot of what I saw on Tapatalk. Enfin tous mes immenses mérites, dont la parfaite maitrise de la langue française grâce Ã* Tintin et Haddock, sont reconnus. Je remercie infiniment le chef Mallett d'avoir fait éclater cette vérité au grand jour. Ma modestie naturelle n'a pas souffert, elle est blindée!

Chief Peter said 27! Are you really concerned?
Old 9 Jan 2021, 23:45 (Ref:4027902)   #178
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
On an entirely different tack, I've just succumbed to pressure from the doctors after my latest annual blood checks, and finally agreed to take statins - after putting off the idea for years. So now of course I'm trying to decide which of the great long list of possible side-effects listed on the product info I'm being affected by Although since aches and pains, lethargy and a sore throat are pretty much my steady state its a bit tricky
Old 10 Jan 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4027922)   #179
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Still it remains a very reliable way of transportation. When you think that a triple 7 can weight more than 350 tons and flies like a dragonfly or a humming-bird…
What, Backwards !!!
Old 10 Jan 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4027951)   #180
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
What, Backwards !!!
I knew someone will notice, then I have at least one reader here! Humming-bird is the literal translation of Colibri which in France at least, can be either the wonderful bird or a 4 place small airplane. One is used to save migrants lost in the Mediterlanée sea. Should they use a triple 7, they could save more each time…*
https://www.avionslegendaires.net/20...-mediterranee/
Old 10 Jan 2021, 14:01 (Ref:4027954)   #181
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
On an entirely different tack, I've just succumbed to pressure from the doctors after my latest annual blood checks, and finally agreed to take statins - after putting off the idea for years. So now of course I'm trying to decide which of the great long list of possible side-effects listed on the product info I'm being affected by Although since aches and pains, lethargy and a sore throat are pretty much my steady state its a bit tricky
I was put on Statins a couple of years ago and just couldn't get on with the constant aches, pains and flu like symptoms, it took a long time to work out what was causing the problems so stopped taking them. My cholesterol levels have always been good anyway and I was put on them because of higher than normal calcium levels in my arteries.
You may be fine with them, I know loads of people on them that have no side effects at all.
Old 10 Jan 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4027968)   #182
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I was put on Statins a couple of years ago and just couldn't get on with the constant aches, pains and flu like symptoms, it took a long time to work out what was causing the problems so stopped taking them. My cholesterol levels have always been good anyway and I was put on them because of higher than normal calcium levels in my arteries.
You may be fine with them, I know loads of people on them that have no side effects at all.

I've been on statin since 2010, and have suffered no side effects at all; for some reason, which I cannot recall now, my GP changed the supplier at one point, so I have been on two different ones. However, around 25 years ago, my then GP put me on statin to counteract very high cholesterol levels that I was displaying at the time. But I suffered really dreadful side effects, similar to you, Tim, with pins and needles as well feeling dreadfully cold all the time.

It just so happens that the wife of my then partner's cousin was the head trainer of the pharmaceutical company that actually marketed this particular statin, and after speaking to her and being told to stop taking it, it became apparent that these were known side effects of the drug.

However, no long after that, my levels dropped to normal; It would seem that the high levels had been caused by stress, and the reason for the stress was banished.

Luckily, things have moved on since then, and compounds in the statins have been changed over the years. But studies have definitely established, using large control groups, that certain people placed on a statin will suffer side effects even when they are in the placebo group. There just seems to be some "switch" that is turned on in certain minds when they are supposed to be taking a statin.
Old 10 Jan 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4027974)   #183
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Bloody hell!

I thought I'd come to the motorsport forum, but it seems I've stumbled into 'Filmweek'!

Anyone seen Barry Norman? Or is it now Claudia wossername?
With the new lockdown , & not much happening , have now finished Hobbit/Lord of The Rings series & are trying to think of any films I can watch on my PC .
Can,t stand fake rubbish like Fast & Furious . Have seen the proper Italian Job several times ,also other favourites like American Graffiti .

So what other watchable films can anybody think of.
Old 10 Jan 2021, 17:19 (Ref:4027975)   #184
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post

It would have to include one of my favourites: Kelly's Heroes.
Old 10 Jan 2021, 17:26 (Ref:4027976)   #185
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
With the new lockdown , & not much happening , have now finished Hobbit/Lord of The Rings series & are trying to think of any films I can watch on my PC .
Can,t stand fake rubbish like Fast & Furious . Have seen the proper Italian Job several times ,also other favourites like American Graffiti .

I watched a movie last night with Chadwick Boseman, it occurred to me that he would have taken the Sidney Poitier niche had he lived. So I'd recommend In The Heat of The Night.
Old 10 Jan 2021, 17:56 (Ref:4027982)   #186
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It would have to include one of my favourites: Kelly's Heroes.
Yes , that is a good one , haven,t seen it for many years , so will put that on my list of films to watch .
Old 10 Jan 2021, 17:59 (Ref:4027983)   #187
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I watched a movie last night with Chadwick Boseman, it occurred to me that he would have taken the Sidney Poitier niche had he lived. So I'd recommend In The Heat of The Night.
Did see that one, but must be over 50 years ago , so will give it a try .
Old 10 Jan 2021, 18:13 (Ref:4027986)   #188
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
What about Continental Circus, Le Mans by Steve McQueen and Grand Prix? Forget about the stories, plunge yourself into an incomparable atmosphere, your PC will have scents of Castor oil and brunt tires and bake pads. Now asbestos free on your screen…

Or 1941 by Spielberg while you're here.
Old 10 Jan 2021, 18:18 (Ref:4027988)   #189
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
If you can appreciate Kelly's Heroes, why not Inglorious basterds, I'l really a fan of Christoph Waltz, wattan actor. The Great escape? Django unchained?
Old 10 Jan 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4027993)   #190
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
What about Continental Circus, Le Mans by Steve McQueen and Grand Prix? Forget about the stories, plunge yourself into an incomparable atmosphere, your PC will have scents of Castor oil and brunt tires and bake pads. Now asbestos free on your screen…

Or 1941 by Spielberg while you're here.
Must admit to liking most films by Spielberg.

Your hint for Le Mans made me look what is available on the online films site I have been using , and I found a couple more .
As well as the 1971 film " Le Mans " , there is a film " Journey To Le Mans " made in 2014 . And another film , " Steve McQueen , the man & Le Mans " made in 2015 .
So you have led me to some I did not even know about .
Old 10 Jan 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4027994)   #191
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7fr7p8fp6s

Tank films? Try this.
Old 10 Jan 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4027997)   #192
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If you can appreciate Kelly's Heroes, why not Inglorious basterds, I'l really a fan of Christoph Waltz, wattan actor. The Great escape? Django unchained?
Django Unchained, Inglorious Basterds, both excellent and of course Christoph Waltz, is great in both. I keep returning to Star Trek Beyond. Only because Zoe Saldana. fftocoldshower:
Old 10 Jan 2021, 18:58 (Ref:4027998)   #193
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Yes Fury is also a Great film. #sawwhatyoudidthere
Old 10 Jan 2021, 20:25 (Ref:4028010)   #194
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
There is a film " Journey To Le Mans " made in 2014 . And another film , " Steve McQueen , the man & Le Mans " made in 2015 .
The last one is worth imo. I remember you like to spot hidden "special effects" , FX in good french, and if you like to spot strange things, have a look to Grand Prix and try to find the real F1's. Not many. They mainly used FJ's, delta must remember.
As an inverted point of view, try to spot the real drivers among the actors. In this case, people among the drivers…

Zoe Saldana for Peter (I appreciate brunettes too) and Halle Berry for Paul. Une belle et réchauffante soirée en perspective que nous avons lÃ*! Have a nice evening…
Old 10 Jan 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4028011)   #195
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Re Christoph Waltz, I find that actors coming from theater look more intense than pure Hollywood ones. Ha, The Aviator was not bad, Scorcese seems to be a good choice.
When you think that some US directors recognize having been inspired by french films… I wonder which! Certainement pas Les Visiteurs, what a poor show!
Old 10 Jan 2021, 20:31 (Ref:4028012)   #196
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes Fury is also a Great film. #sawwhatyoudidthere
Have seen FURY not long ago .

But thinking about Le Mans films , I tried " Ford Versus Ferrari " on the site I am using , and it is available .
So although I am sceptical about the HOLLYWOOD factor , will give that one a try .
Old 10 Jan 2021, 20:32 (Ref:4028013)   #197
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Having recently changed banks from RBS, as there is now no branch within 30 miles of me and because their travel insurance gets much more expensive post-70, to Lloyds, part of the package I opted for was a free monthly magazine - and I've just received the first issue of a magazine I used to read regularly, years ago - CAR.

It seems to be reasonable quality, although I've only skim-read it so far - I'd felt that it went off some years ago so stopped reading it.

Anyway one of the "first drive" articles was about the Mustang Mach-E, so in the interests of Peter I read that They seemed to like it, providing you didn't put it into Whisper mode, and switched off lane-guidance Without those nanny modes, it seems that it rode and handled well, and was a good all round package.

Mind you another article concluded that the Dacia Sandero at about quarter of the price was actually also a good value and entertaining package

Horses for courses, so to speak
Old 10 Jan 2021, 20:36 (Ref:4028014)   #198
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Many fans here for "Ford vs Ferrari". If you dont know the Mulsanne straight as it was, if you accept drivers yelling at each other, head bent over the door, it'll be fine…*At least Hollywood accepted that the GT 40 was a Lola!
Old 10 Jan 2021, 20:38 (Ref:4028015)   #199
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
The last one is worth imo. I remember you like to spot hidden "special effects" , FX in good french, and if you like to spot strange things, have a look to Grand Prix and try to find the real F1's. Not many. They mainly used FJ's, delta must remember.
As an inverted point of view, try to spot the real drivers among the actors. In this case, people among the drivers…

Zoe Saldana for Peter (I appreciate brunettes too) and Halle Berry for Paul. Une belle et réchauffante soirée en perspective que nous avons lÃ*! Have a nice evening…
Saw a TV program recently called " Steve McQueen , the lost Film ".

Very interesting about the filming of "Grand Prix " & a Steve McQueen F1 film at the same time , but the McQueen film never got finished .
Old 10 Jan 2021, 20:45 (Ref:4028018)   #200
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Saw a TV program recently called " Steve McQueen , the lost Film ".

Very interesting about the filming of "Grand Prix " & a Steve McQueen F1 film at the same time , but the McQueen film never got finished .
Sorry , it was called the lost movie .

http://www.stevemcqueen-justclickher...st%20movie.htm
Closed Thread