Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Sep 2023, 22:27 (Ref:4175750)   #2726
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
maybe Team Hard operate a different business model to other teams
There's no doubt about that!
Old 9 Sep 2023, 11:35 (Ref:4175798)   #2727
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I appreciate that Sam Osborne is the boss' son, but offering to stand down for the weekend so that Cammish could race his car at Donington, even though Cammish is not in reality fighting for the championship, is not something I would expect to happen at WSR. The fact that Turkington had to lend the team one of his own BMWs last year speaks volumes; they all appear to race as individuals, not as a team.

And to add, I feel, although I have absolutely no evidence of this apart from what I see with my own eyes, that both Ingram and Sutton and pretty well universally liked up and down the pit lane. Again talking volumes, the fact that Sutton took the time and effort to coach Moffat when they were team-mates in the Infinitis which resulted in Moffat actually winning two races. Can you imagine Hill doing that with Jelly? Or Morgan?
I was talking to a photographer at Donington and he was saying that Excelr8, One, NAPA garages before races the drivers pat each other on the back, shake hands, trade info and crack jokes, but WSR are like four separate F1 teams. None of the drivers talk - all very serious and Hill in particular really does cut himself off. Always in the car first, at track where they're in an awning he gets in there (Knockhill/Thruxton) before going to the garage when the other three get in on pitlane.

As much as that sounds fractured he did say Hill has always been like that, as has Turkington - and that the WSR setup is more serious and corporate than other teams .
Old 9 Sep 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4175800)   #2728
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
the fact that Sutton took the time and effort to coach Moffat when they were team-mates in the Infinitis which resulted in Moffat actually winning two races. Can you imagine Hill doing that with Jelly? Or Morgan?
There wasn't much coaching (if any) between Sutton and Moffat, but Moffat saw Sutton's relationship with his race engineer and realised that he had to some something similar. To Aiden's credit, it paid big dividends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
but WSR are like four separate F1 teams. None of the drivers talk - all very serious and Hill in particular really does cut himself off. Always in the car first, at track where they're in an awning he gets in there (Knockhill/Thruxton) before going to the garage when the other three get in on pitlane.

As much as that sounds fractured he did say Hill has always been like that, as has Turkington - and that the WSR setup is more serious and corporate than other teams .
WSR is very serious, a very professional outfit. And before you criticise Jake Hill for not larking around with his other "team-mates" — he'll do that after the race, he's too serious and focused before the race. Plus the fact (and this is pertinent), they are not "team-mates", his team is Laser Tools Racing with MB Motorsport and they are Team BMW. Two separate teams competing with each other.
Old 9 Sep 2023, 12:22 (Ref:4175805)   #2729
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
There wasn't much coaching (if any) between Sutton and Moffat, but Moffat saw Sutton's relationship with his race engineer and realised that he had to some something similar. To Aiden's credit, it paid big dividends.
That is not what Moffat, Sutton and the team said; and confirmed during the commentary on the day.

Quote:
WSR is very serious, a very professional outfit. And before you criticise Jake Hill for not larking around with his other "team-mates" — he'll do that after the race, he's too serious and focused before the race. Plus the fact (and this is pertinent), they are not "team-mates", his team is Laser Tools Racing with MB Motorsport and they are Team BMW. Two separate teams competing with each other.

Although they "race" as two teams, that is purely cosmetic; MB are, in reality, just a vehicle for sponsorship. The cars are prepared alongside each other, and Dick Bennet is the real boss; made clear after Hill and Turkington clashed last year.
Old 11 Sep 2023, 10:07 (Ref:4176243)   #2730
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Excuse me, at what point did I say anything negative (or positive for that matter) about Hill not 'larking around'? I didn't write that, I didn't infer any negative or positive on that (actually, if I was to share my personal opinion it's that I admire the professionalism that Hill pervades.)
Part of the let down with some teams and drivers (and I'm sharing opinion here, not an observation of mine, or anybody else - just in case it isn't clear) is that there is not enough of an outward image of professionalism within the BTCC.

If you want interpret that as criticism however you're allowed to twist things as you see fit - it's afree world.
Old 11 Sep 2023, 10:34 (Ref:4176246)   #2731
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
If you want interpret that as criticism however you're allowed to twist things as you see fit - it's afree world.
I read SV8P's comment as being in agreement with you, not being critical.

I know, it's Monday morning, everyone's grumpy...
Old 11 Sep 2023, 11:53 (Ref:4176253)   #2732
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I read SV8P's comment as being in agreement with you, not being critical.

I know, it's Monday morning, everyone's grumpy...
Too true, just didn't take the 'And before you criticise Jake Hill for not larking around' too well and daftly had a bite back!

Many cups of coffee later and all is good!
Old 14 Sep 2023, 08:39 (Ref:4176593)   #2733
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Danny Buxton moves from One to Speedworks.

https://t.co/vJJ7sQ4hxB
Old 14 Sep 2023, 08:41 (Ref:4176594)   #2734
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

Old 14 Sep 2023, 08:53 (Ref:4176596)   #2735
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Another bad situation at One. First the Powell situation, and more recently the loss of their GT4 customer (who moved from One to Abba) and now the loss of their Team Principal.

Buxtons role at Speedworks is quite broad - Head of Motorsport. I'm sure they'll be back with the Supra in British GT now.

This section in the Autosport article seems to kickstart a 2024 rumour:

"Buxton’s move to Speedworks cannot come without speculation that One Motorsport star Josh Cook, who has won 16 races with the team in the BTCC, could become a target for 2024.

Cook claimed the runner-up spot in the 2014 Clio Cup with Buxton’s SV Racing squad, and Buxton has mentored him ever since."
Old 16 Sep 2023, 19:52 (Ref:4176905)   #2736
Evantra
Veteran

England
Anything heard on the subject of Cammish’s car? Was it repairable or will he be using a different chassis?
Old 18 Sep 2023, 17:55 (Ref:4177276)   #2737
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anything heard on the subject of Cammish’s car? Was it repairable or will he be using a different chassis?
Spare Chassis has been fully built up by the guys for Silverstone..
Old 18 Sep 2023, 18:39 (Ref:4177294)   #2738
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad Cammish is back. I expect to see him right up there this weekend
Old 18 Sep 2023, 19:30 (Ref:4177304)   #2739
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronpoe View Post
Spare Chassis has been fully built up by the guys for Silverstone..
Thank you. Perhaps he’ll do a Dan Lloyd and bounce back with a double win!
Old 18 Sep 2023, 19:35 (Ref:4177305)   #2740
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Perhaps he’ll do a Dan Lloyd and bounce back with a double win!
or break down on the last lap
Old 20 Sep 2023, 11:37 (Ref:4177553)   #2741
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An article in Autosport that explains the reasoning why the call in some quarters to reduce the boost on the Fords is highly unlikely to happen:

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...tion/10522420/
Old 20 Sep 2023, 13:34 (Ref:4177567)   #2742
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
An article in Autosport that explains the reasoning why the call in some quarters to reduce the boost on the Fords is highly unlikely to happen:

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...tion/10522420/

It was Dan C who was 4 tenths up, then he had a technical failure which put him out for weekend which was a shame as Dan had a very good shot at good weekend
Old 20 Sep 2023, 15:03 (Ref:4177583)   #2743
cameronpoe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronpoe View Post
It was Dan C who was 4 tenths up, then he had a technical failure which put him out for weekend which was a shame as Dan had a very good shot at good weekend
……. Re-Read article .. apologies.. April not August need new ?
Old 24 Sep 2023, 05:49 (Ref:4178013)   #2744
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ronan Pearson has announced he's expected his contract with Excler8 for 2024 25
Old 25 Sep 2023, 10:25 (Ref:4178252)   #2745
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
or break down on the last lap
Uncanny of you to predict that. Cammish would have had at least an eighth from the weekend had he not 'broke down on the last lap' (or tyre failure)...
Old 2 Oct 2023, 06:28 (Ref:4179210)   #2746
ScottS
Rookie

ScottS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if ITV will be streaming the races following the qualifying at Brands on Saturday? I know this has been the norm for the past couple of years or so, but I'm not sure how many championships there are to be decided still.
Old 2 Oct 2023, 09:10 (Ref:4179212)   #2747
Evantra
Veteran

England
Motorbase change name to Alliance Racing:

https://motorbaseperformance.co.uk/l...liance-racing/

Moving to new headquarters too.
Old 2 Oct 2023, 11:10 (Ref:4179223)   #2748
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Thats quite the move. I have to think that most of the employees wont be relocating as its about 3 hours away?
Old 2 Oct 2023, 12:22 (Ref:4179236)   #2749
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Isn't Napa owned by Alliance Automotive Group?
Old 2 Oct 2023, 12:28 (Ref:4179237)   #2750
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Isn't Napa owned by Alliance Automotive Group?
Yeah they are