Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Oct 2022, 16:21 (Ref:4131551)   #501
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
EDIT: Note to self, read the full story first. SR1 Cup and Challenge are combining for 2023 so maybe the photo is representitive.
Ah ok, sounds promising.

The one Radical race I've "watched" was in person at Silverstone in 2018 I think, had about 6 cars...
Old 26 Oct 2022, 16:58 (Ref:4131557)   #502
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
UPDATE 2 - Radicals added. 4 slots to go...

Donington Park National 22/23 April
BTCC
British F4
MINI JCW
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Porsche Sprint Challenge GB

Brands Hatch Indy 6/7 May
BTCC
British F4
MINI JCW
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
TBA

Snetterton 20/21 May
BTCC
British F4
MINI JCW
Porsche Sprint Challenge
Radical Cup UK

Thruxton 3/4 June
BTCC
British F4
MINI Trophy
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
TBA

Oulton Park 17/18 June
BTCC
British F4
MINI JCW
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Radical Cup UK

Croft 29/30 July
BTCC
British F4
MINI Trophy
Porsche Sprint Challenge
TBA

Knockhill 12/13 August
BTCC
British F4
MINI JCW
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
TBA

Donington GP August 26/27
BTCC
British F4
MINI Trophy
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Porsche Sprint Challenge

Silverstone National September 23/24
BTCC
MINI JCW
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Porsche Sprint Challenge
Caterham Seven Championship UK

Brands Hatch GP October 7/8
BTCC
British F4
MINI JCW
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Porsche Sprint Challenge
Old 26 Oct 2022, 17:05 (Ref:4131558)   #503
InYourMirrors45
Rookie

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caterhams at Silverstone will be the race of the weekend make my words. Saw them at brands hatch as part of the GT Europe series event and it was the best race I’ve seen live.
Old 27 Oct 2022, 07:58 (Ref:4131603)   #504
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Saw them at brands hatch as part of the GT Europe series event and it was the best race I’ve seen live.
It is a different championship, though.
Old 27 Oct 2022, 08:35 (Ref:4131606)   #505
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team HARD testing at Donington today, Moffat in one of the Cupras
Old 27 Oct 2022, 09:25 (Ref:4131611)   #506
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Team HARD testing at Donington today, Moffat in one of the Cupras
Doing their hot laps isn't he? Thought the Moffats had fallen out with HARD after last year.
Old 27 Oct 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4131613)   #507
PGib92
Rookie

PGib92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dexter also giving the cupra a run out. As well as data gathering and development for Hard, I assume this is laser also assessing their options for the infinity replacement
Old 27 Oct 2022, 09:37 (Ref:4131615)   #508
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Doing their hot laps isn't he? Thought the Moffats had fallen out with HARD after last year.
You're right - he is doing hot laps at Brands on 10 Nov.
https://www.team-hard.com/store/trac...ition-hotlaps/

So either - the speculation that there has been a disagreement between the two parties is wide of the mark.
Or - Moffat is fulfilling his contractual obligation.

If there has been a falling out, it is a big decline from - Bob Moffat: "With our ongoing collaboration with Tony Gilham and Team HARD, we are really looking forward to the 2022 season now."
Old 27 Oct 2022, 10:45 (Ref:4131624)   #509
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There was no falling out, just the usual rumours.
Old 27 Oct 2022, 13:34 (Ref:4131641)   #510
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Sign of the times that even TOCA is having to piece together the extra supports (like any other race organiser), not the usual queue this side to be considered approach.

Ginetta a big gap to fill.
Old 27 Oct 2022, 14:53 (Ref:4131661)   #511
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure there was a 'press release' from Laser Tools earlier in the year saying they were parting ways with Hard - I can't find it at all now.
Old 27 Oct 2022, 17:06 (Ref:4131670)   #512
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Sign of the times that even TOCA is having to piece together the extra supports (like any other race organiser), not the usual queue this side to be considered approach.

Ginetta a big gap to fill.
Not really a sign of the times, more that the Ginetta decision was very last minute.

By the time Ginetta decided to switch, a lot of other series had already planned their 2023 calendars.

I think the combination of Caterhams, Miglias, Radicals and Legends that will be filling the gaps is actually pretty strong given the short notice.
Old 27 Oct 2022, 22:39 (Ref:4131687)   #513
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Not really a sign of the times, more that the Ginetta decision was very last minute.

By the time Ginetta decided to switch, a lot of other series had already planned their 2023 calendars.
But the very fact that Ginetta were able to switch so late demonstrates that TOCA were at their whim rather than the other way round. If there was a whole line of series queuing up to have (and crucially, pay) for a slot on the package, it would have been resolved months ago. The reason there's a mix of series next season is nobody would pay for a full season. Obviously TOCA/Alan Gow are hoping that changes for 2024.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 07:26 (Ref:4131718)   #514
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
If there was a whole line of series queuing up to have (and crucially, pay) for a slot on the package, it would have been resolved months ago. The reason there's a mix of series next season is nobody would pay for a full season.
Different circumstances but reminds me a little of 2001. The separate sprint races for BTC-T and BTC-P classes were combined after the first round leaving a gap in the timetable. BARC were left trying to organise an open saloons race or extra non-championship round for some random club series at short notice.

I think some people don't realise just how expensive a slot on the TOCA schedule is, even just for one round.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 08:55 (Ref:4131727)   #515
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Different circumstances but reminds me a little of 2001. The separate sprint races for BTC-T and BTC-P classes were combined after the first round leaving a gap in the timetable. BARC were left trying to organise an open saloons race or extra non-championship round for some random club series at short notice.

I think some people don't realise just how expensive a slot on the TOCA schedule is, even just for one round.
Everyone seems to be be second guessing Alan Gow. Remind me when was the last time he C@cked up? The TOCA package seems to be in good hands....
Old 28 Oct 2022, 09:08 (Ref:4131728)   #516
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
But the very fact that Ginetta were able to switch so late demonstrates that TOCA were at their whim rather than the other way round. If there was a whole line of series queuing up to have (and crucially, pay) for a slot on the package, it would have been resolved months ago. The reason there's a mix of series next season is nobody would pay for a full season. Obviously TOCA/Alan Gow are hoping that changes for 2024.
Nobody expected Ginetta not to renew the contract, even Ginetta. (You can see that from the fact that in the programme for Silverstone, the advert for the Ginetta Scholarship says the Ginetta Junior championship will be supporting the BTCC in 2023).

This was a last minute decision that came completely out of the blue.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 09:22 (Ref:4131729)   #517
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It will be a big gap to fill. But at least we should have a bit more variety in support series in 2023
Old 28 Oct 2022, 09:58 (Ref:4131744)   #518
Pickles
Veteran

Seems a pretty decent solution, bit more variety throughout the year and hopefully one of these series may commit fully in 2024
Old 28 Oct 2022, 11:54 (Ref:4131756)   #519
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Just circling back to a point from many weeks ago; seems that Hill will be leading a 2-car MB Motorsport team of BMWs. Question now is where does Adam Morgan go to?
Old 28 Oct 2022, 11:58 (Ref:4131757)   #520
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Just circling back to a point from many weeks ago; seems that Hill will be leading a 2-car MB Motorsport team of BMWs. Question now is where does Adam Morgan go to?
Sorry, I've completely missed this... How is this happening?
Old 28 Oct 2022, 12:12 (Ref:4131762)   #521
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
MB Motorsport hoping to return to two cars next year.

https://twitter.com/btcc/status/1573...830957059?s=21
This was the post which included the link to 2 cars for MB Motorsport next season.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 12:15 (Ref:4131763)   #522
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Nobody expected Ginetta not to renew the contract, even Ginetta. (You can see that from the fact that in the programme for Silverstone, the advert for the Ginetta Scholarship says the Ginetta Junior championship will be supporting the BTCC in 2023).

This was a last minute decision that came completely out of the blue.
Mike Simpson's hand is quite heavy. His vision was to create GT-headed career drivers not F1-headed wealthy family drivers. That meant getting away from the FIA F4/F3/F2 ladder and aligned with a GT package, Plus good optics for the business anyway.
Old 28 Oct 2022, 13:00 (Ref:4131770)   #523
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I would imagine he will be staying with the family team in their BMWs
Old 28 Oct 2022, 13:02 (Ref:4131771)   #524
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
This was the post which included the link to 2 cars for MB Motorsport next season.
A long way from confirmed as happening though
Old 28 Oct 2022, 13:08 (Ref:4131772)   #525
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
I would imagine he will be staying with the family team in their BMWs
That's what threw me, I couldn't see why MB expanding would affect Ciceley. Also am I right in saying WSR will no longer have factory BMW support from next year?