Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Jan 2023, 15:37 (Ref:4139895)   #951
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It's just a guess on my part - but my expectation would be that the race would see the second driver come from the same team (in the main).

e.g if we were looking at the 2022 grid, the entrants would be:

NAPA Racing - Sutton/Cammish
Apec Racing - Jackson/Osborne
Bristol Street - Ingram/Chilton
Bristol Street - Butel/Lloyd
Gazoo - Butcher/Collard

etc....

Why do I think this?
As you say, I can't see too many big names from elsewhere coming in. There is also the teams' budgets to consider. The teams will budget against a certain amount of mileage in a season. A 2-driver race will surely be over a longer distance, and so teams will want to share that mileage across 2 cars.

Noticeable exceptions may be Neal joining as a second driver, and possibly Tony Gilham. Otherwise, I would expect it to be drivers from a junior category stepping up to fill the spaces if the grid remains the same size for the race.
The return of Andy Nete
Old 12 Jan 2023, 15:39 (Ref:4139897)   #952
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
No big fuss from the BTCC about this year's show and not even a mention of them having a stand?
There is no official BTCC stand - Ash Hand Vauxhall and old Sam Osborne Focus in Wera livery the two cars present
Old 12 Jan 2023, 16:03 (Ref:4139903)   #953
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It's just a guess on my part - but my expectation would be that the race would see the second driver come from the same team (in the main).

e.g if we were looking at the 2022 grid, the entrants would be:

NAPA Racing - Sutton/Cammish
Apec Racing - Jackson/Osborne
Bristol Street - Ingram/Chilton
Bristol Street - Butel/Lloyd
Gazoo - Butcher/Collard

etc....

Why do I think this?
As you say, I can't see too many big names from elsewhere coming in. There is also the teams' budgets to consider. The teams will budget against a certain amount of mileage in a season. A 2-driver race will surely be over a longer distance, and so teams will want to share that mileage across 2 cars.

Noticeable exceptions may be Neal joining as a second driver, and possibly Tony Gilham. Otherwise, I would expect it to be drivers from a junior category stepping up to fill the spaces if the grid remains the same size for the race.
What would be the point of seeing 15 cars going around the track over a distance that one fit driver would be easily capable of doing? As much as I appreciate some ideas to spice things up, this one seems a bit pointless unless there are actually international/star drivers as co-drivers and possibly a distance of the race longer than just a double the usual BTCC race length.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 16:07 (Ref:4139904)   #954
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
What would be the point of seeing 15 cars going around the track over a distance that one fit driver would be easily capable of doing? As much as I appreciate some ideas to spice things up, this one seems a bit pointless unless there are actually international/star drivers as co-drivers and possibly a distance of the race longer than just a double the usual BTCC race length.

Yes, it would be much better if they had mainly guest drivers involved, like they did when they had the endurance races between 87-90
Old 12 Jan 2023, 16:31 (Ref:4139906)   #955
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
There is no official BTCC stand - Ash Hand Vauxhall and old Sam Osborne Focus in Wera livery the two cars present
Yes very lacking in BTCC presence, would have expected Kwik-fit having a BTCC stand at least even if TOCA weren’t bothered.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 17:17 (Ref:4139922)   #956
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Yes very lacking in BTCC presence, would have expected Kwik-fit having a BTCC stand at least even if TOCA weren’t bothered.
Why? £60,000 or more and for what? Better spent in the Championship? There is a reason the mega stands from Porsche, Prodrive, Tweeks, Dynamics, Dunlop, Michelin etc are not there now.Not even an announcement of any worth today - Autosport International has had its time? Oh and I hear £16 to park!!!!

Last edited by billy bleach; 12 Jan 2023 at 17:35.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 17:21 (Ref:4139924)   #957
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
No big fuss from the BTCC about this year's show and not even a mention of them having a stand?
Slightly playing Devil's Advocate here, do they even need to be there? Other series are there to promote themselves to potential entrants and maybe for a bit of PR with a car/driver reveal.

If you were running a team, it's not like you would see the BTCC stand and think "lets join this series". The TBL requirement means at this stage you couldn't even if you wanted to.

As a driver you should already know what the series involves and if you were series about entering you would have already been in discussion with teams and sponsors. Seeing a BTCC stand is not going to change that.

You might be promoting the series to a few fans on the public days but really anyone who makes the effort to attend is already a motorsports fan.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 18:48 (Ref:4139942)   #958
Northern Monkey
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Why? £60,000 or more and for what? Better spent in the Championship? There is a reason the mega stands from Porsche, Prodrive, Tweeks, Dynamics, Dunlop, Michelin etc are not there now.Not even an announcement of any worth today - Autosport International has had its time? Oh and I hear £16 to park!!!!
Better to park at the train station if you do go and save £4 - probably not as far to walk either
Old 12 Jan 2023, 19:41 (Ref:4139950)   #959
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Better to park at the train station if you do go and save £4 - probably not as far to walk either
Or just wait until the end of the day and drive straight out, the barriers get left up
Old 12 Jan 2023, 21:36 (Ref:4139972)   #960
Northern Monkey
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Or just wait until the end of the day and drive straight out, the barriers get left up
Yeah but you’ll be ready to leave way before that point….
Old 12 Jan 2023, 22:19 (Ref:4139980)   #961
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah but you’ll be ready to leave way before that point….
Good point, I've been working there the last few years but before that when going as public I was ready to leave by lunchtime
Old 13 Jan 2023, 09:10 (Ref:4140018)   #962
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hopefully an announcement or two once the weekend is over
Old 13 Jan 2023, 10:54 (Ref:4140025)   #963
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Hopefully an announcement or two once the weekend is over
Not a single worthwhile BTCC announcement at ASI - infact has there been any worthwhile announcement at ASI . Time was when there was one an hour....
Old 13 Jan 2023, 11:05 (Ref:4140027)   #964
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Not a single worthwhile BTCC announcement at ASI - infact has there been any worthwhile announcement at ASI . Time was when there was one an hour....
Not even any announcements being teased, let alone scheduled.
Old 13 Jan 2023, 12:16 (Ref:4140032)   #965
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

So everybody missed Dan Lloyd's reveal of the Jag that he will be driving for HARD. in the BTCC?

*** before anyone comments - I know, it's not a BTCC entry but is just a show car for one of Dan's sponsors for next season.
It just has the potential for some observers to get a bit carried away with a post that tags @TeamHardRacing and uses the #BTCC featuring a Jag ***
Old 13 Jan 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4140042)   #966
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, Hard have announced that he will be driving one of their Cupras this season. So, who has lost their seat, then?
Old 13 Jan 2023, 13:55 (Ref:4140046)   #967
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Yes, Hard have announced that he will be driving one of their Cupras this season. So, who has lost their seat, then?
If Taylor-Smith was being retained on a deal I'd have expected them to announce it early, Hard tend to get them done quickly. Not seen any mention of him this off season?
Old 13 Jan 2023, 14:48 (Ref:4140059)   #968
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
If Taylor-Smith was being retained on a deal I'd have expected them to announce it early, Hard tend to get them done quickly. Not seen any mention of him this off season?
All I’ve seen is an Instagram post about working with a sponsor for 2023.

His wife is expecting and I wouldn’t be surprised if 2023 was a sabbatical year for him.
Old 13 Jan 2023, 15:03 (Ref:4140062)   #969
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
AT-S, Thompson, Lloyd and Patterson are all confirmed at HARD.
Old 13 Jan 2023, 17:41 (Ref:4140075)   #970
InYourMirrors45
Rookie

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Announcement due at 6 apparently, no idea what or who for.
Old 13 Jan 2023, 18:01 (Ref:4140078)   #971
Northern Monkey
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Announcement due at 6 apparently, no idea what or who for.

There isn't
Old 13 Jan 2023, 19:30 (Ref:4140086)   #972
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
There have been 7 HARD cars for the last 2 years... Who needs to have lost their seat?
Old 13 Jan 2023, 19:55 (Ref:4140091)   #973
flatapex
Rookie

flatapex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan won’t be driving that jag, the stand is for Formula Woman, the common ground is Dan shares a sponsor with them
Old 13 Jan 2023, 20:30 (Ref:4140094)   #974
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatapex View Post
Dan won’t be driving that jag, the stand is for Formula Woman, the common ground is Dan shares a sponsor with them
For clarification, he won't be driving in Formula Woman either!
Old 13 Jan 2023, 20:43 (Ref:4140095)   #975
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatapex View Post
Try quoting the post.