Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jan 2023, 21:58 (Ref:4140100)   #976
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 14 Jan 2023, 07:46 (Ref:4140123)   #977
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
For clarification, he won't be driving in Formula Woman either!
That's a shame.
I'm waiting for someone to mount a legal challenge about championships which refuse entrants on the basis of gender...
Old 18 Jan 2023, 15:20 (Ref:4140541)   #978
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.btcc.net/2023/01/18/andr...-maxed-racing/

PMR announces their first driver for 2023.
Old 18 Jan 2023, 15:20 (Ref:4140542)   #979
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News!

(Who?)
Old 18 Jan 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4140546)   #980
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2nd driver and car model confirmed by PMR.

2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N Performance?????????
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Aiden Moffat Racing???Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Aiden Moffat Racing??????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA RacingFocus?SuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA RacingFocus?CammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3MotorbaseFocus?Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4MotorbaseFocus????  
HARD.-1HARD.Cupra León Taylor-SmithConfirmed as multi-year in press releaseInel.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónPattersonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-4HARD.Cupra LeónLloydConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
Speedworks-3Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
WSR-1Team BMW/Ciceley Commercials?BMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMW?BMW 330e M SportTurkington?Confirmed entry in press releaseInel.
WSR-3MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4MB Motorsport?BMW 330e M SportJelley?MB talked about a 2-car entry for 2023 – WSR confirmed as a 4-car entryInel.
PMR-1PMRVauxhall AstraHandConfirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2PMRVauxhall AstraWatsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
BTC-1Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Bert Taylor Racing???????Talked about getting a TBL for 2023???
?????????Proctor?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
?????????Hamilton?Talked about being in a car for 2023 Inel.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 18 Jan 2023, 15:37 (Ref:4140547)   #981
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
https://www.btcc.net/2023/01/18/andr...-maxed-racing/

PMR announces their first driver for 2023.
Heard the name but not sure I've seen him race, though it's certainly an impressive CV - is he rated Am or Pro in GT?

Look forward to seeing how he gets on. If Hand is still on his 2 year deal that means Crees is out (mentioned Speedworks and a couple other teams?)

Last edited by Evantra; 18 Jan 2023 at 16:01.
Old 18 Jan 2023, 15:37 (Ref:4140548)   #982
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it bad that I saw the post and thought it was announcing a new engineer?
Old 18 Jan 2023, 15:44 (Ref:4140549)   #983
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
If Hand is still on his 2 year deal that means Crees is out (mentioned Speedworks and a couple other teams?)
Obviously things can change in the BTCC - but Hand's deal was described as 'multi-year' 10 months ago.

Ash Hand joins Power Maxed Racing - "The deal we have
put together, I believe, gives me the best possible chance of achieving this. A multi-
year deal securing my future in BTCC is the holy grail of deals as a race driver."

Ash Hand completes new look Power Maxed line-up - "Hand has inked what the team is referring to as a ‘multi-year’ deal and will join the rest of the field on track for the season launch test at Thruxton next week."
Old 18 Jan 2023, 15:45 (Ref:4140550)   #984
AmD Tuning
Rookie

AmD Tuning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gold rated Pro GT driver is a bloody good signing I think?
Old 18 Jan 2023, 19:34 (Ref:4140574)   #985
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmD Tuning View Post
Ash Hand was a GT4 champion when he came into the series last year and didn't exactly set the world on fire. I'll be shocked if Watson troubles the top 15 this year. (That's not just a reflection on the driver, but on the team he's going into too).
Old 18 Jan 2023, 19:46 (Ref:4140575)   #986
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmD Tuning View Post
Indeed, he was MB’s development driver in 2020 if I remember correctly and has been eying the BTCC for a few years, decent driver, should be up there with Ash Hand (if he’s staying)!
Old 20 Jan 2023, 10:02 (Ref:4140706)   #987
Millvi
Racer

https://twitter.com/naparacinguk/status/1616374489163472898?s=46&t=bpbgO2lOIM8hr0q35GZJRg

A NAPA Racing announcement coming soon. Not necessarily BTCC related but hopefully it is.

Anyone got any ideas? A new car? All 4 cars to run in NAPA livery?
Old 20 Jan 2023, 10:34 (Ref:4140712)   #988
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
https://twitter.com/naparacinguk/status/1616374489163472898?s=46&t=bpbgO2lOIM8hr0q35GZJRg

A NAPA Racing announcement coming soon. Not necessarily BTCC related but hopefully it is.

Anyone got any ideas? A new car? All 4 cars to run in NAPA livery?
Karun Chandhok to drive in 2023.
Old 20 Jan 2023, 13:03 (Ref:4140721)   #989
Millvi
Racer

NAPA News not BTCC but truck racing season for them as well….
Old 22 Jan 2023, 12:32 (Ref:4140909)   #990
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprised no whispers have came out normally someone leaks some information they ain’t meant to! Never known it so quiet
Old 22 Jan 2023, 12:46 (Ref:4140910)   #991
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
Surprised no whispers have came out normally someone leaks some information they ain’t meant to! Never known it so quiet
Agreed, I like to think I'm reasonably 'in the know' but I haven't heard much at all. Only rumour I have heard is that PMRs second driver is another BTCC rookie... but even that isn't confirmed
Old 22 Jan 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4140911)   #992
InYourMirrors45
Rookie

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
Quite nice in some ways. We can all speculate and be way wide of the mark and then they’ll be an element of surprise when Rob Huff, Fabrizio Giovanardi and Rickard Rydell are all announced as works KIA drivers.
Old 22 Jan 2023, 15:09 (Ref:4140913)   #993
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
Quite nice in some ways. We can all speculate and be way wide of the mark and then they’ll be an element of surprise when Rob Huff, Fabrizio Giovanardi and Rickard Rydell are all announced as works KIA drivers.
Over the last few years its seemed like every fan and his dog knew what was happening behind the scenes and there were no surprises. Don't know whether teams have tightened up on who gets information or there genuinely isn't much news yet, but agreed it is nice not knowing.
Old 22 Jan 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4140914)   #994
Ant25
Racer

Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Over the last few years its seemed like every fan and his dog knew what was happening behind the scenes and there were no surprises. Don't know whether teams have tightened up on who gets information or there genuinely isn't much news yet, but agreed it is nice not knowing.
Yeah it’s nice not knowing! Hopefully have more news soon
Old 23 Jan 2023, 11:57 (Ref:4141000)   #995
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I know one poster on here (not me), actually got warned off posting ‘inside info’ from a couple of Teams. Plus some news that gets ‘transferred’ from other forums has dried up after some key users have closed their accounts.
Old 23 Jan 2023, 19:57 (Ref:4141043)   #996
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
teams shooting themselves in the foot

the leaks did cause some hype now the lack of them causes apathy
Old 23 Jan 2023, 21:14 (Ref:4141050)   #997
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
teams shooting themselves in the foot

the leaks did cause some hype now the lack of them causes apathy

Why?

The start of season is still two months away, so why would any fairly rational person be turned off from the championship just because the names of all of the drivers haven't been announced yet?

Logically, one could be excited by knowing who will on track for the coming races, or the opposite could apply if punters were disappointed by the announcements. Whichever makes no odds because we will either watch the races on TV or at the tracks, or we will not bother. And the fact that we don't know now which one applies doesn't make any odds with two months to go, as there are far more important things going on in the world to be worried about cars being driven fast on a track.
Old 24 Jan 2023, 07:47 (Ref:4141080)   #998
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe - radical thought here Teams are waiting for the BTCC media day?
Old 24 Jan 2023, 08:08 (Ref:4141082)   #999
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
That doesn't usually stop info getting leaked. Although it would be good to have some surprises come Media Day. Last time I can remember that was Kelvin Fletcher
Old 24 Jan 2023, 10:28 (Ref:4141085)   #1000
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
It's not been announced yet has it? Or have I missed it?