Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Feb 2023, 19:36 (Ref:4143479)   #1201
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
I’m going Cook + Gamble + Butel at BTC and Moffat and Proctor in the Aiden Moffat garage and hospitality tent.
Are there that many Civics floating about? Assuming they'll all be Civics, that is.
Old 11 Feb 2023, 19:42 (Ref:4143480)   #1202
SSmith
Racer

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Are there that many Civics floating about? Assuming they'll all be Civics, that is.
The only thing I could think of (on the Civic front) would be if Dynamics sold them their two FK8s to fund the building of a pair of FL5s?

I think that option is rather unlikely though, I think its been said/suggested numerous times that Dynamics aren't building new cars
Old 11 Feb 2023, 19:54 (Ref:4143481)   #1203
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
The only thing I could think of (on the Civic front) would be if Dynamics sold them their two FK8s to fund the building of a pair of FL5s?

I think that option is rather unlikely though, I think its been said/suggested numerous times that Dynamics aren't building new cars
Possibly a final fling for the reworked Infiniti?
Old 11 Feb 2023, 21:21 (Ref:4143483)   #1204
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Possibly a final fling for the reworked Infiniti?
Nope. More likely buying Dynamics' current FK8s.
Old 11 Feb 2023, 22:01 (Ref:4143484)   #1205
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Nope. More likely buying Dynamics' current FK8s.
Dynamics built 2 new cars for ‘22 Chassis NGTC18-006 & 007, so 001 & 002 are about somewhere.
Old 11 Feb 2023, 22:21 (Ref:4143485)   #1206
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post

They lost Yuasa and Honda backing ages ago. Also the new Civic is built in Japan only so getting body shells would be significantly more difficult than sending a truck to Swindon. They don’t seem like a team that can fund a New build
Old 11 Feb 2023, 22:28 (Ref:4143486)   #1207
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Other team members then? From Jade’s posts she looks to be short of sorting a 2023 deal. Butel? Proctor was also giving off positive vibes and clearly has close links to Dudman still.

I’m going Cook + Gamble + Butel at BTC and Moffat and Proctor in the Aiden Moffat garage and hospitality tent.
Proctor and Gamble is a marketing man's dream!
Old 11 Feb 2023, 22:39 (Ref:4143487)   #1208
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
They lost Yuasa and Honda backing ages ago. Also the new Civic is built in Japan only so getting body shells would be significantly more difficult than sending a truck to Swindon. They don’t seem like a team that can fund a New build
Indeed, which is why I mentioned BTC buying the current cars
Old 12 Feb 2023, 08:57 (Ref:4143502)   #1209
SSmith
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Yes, that's why in the original post I said it was "rather unlikely"
Old 12 Feb 2023, 09:12 (Ref:4143504)   #1210
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Moffat could be a decent choice for BTC, especially alongside Cook. A strong driving pairing
Old 12 Feb 2023, 09:45 (Ref:4143509)   #1211
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Indeed, which is why I mentioned BTC buying the current cars
Calm down just musing as to why Dynamics won’t be building any new Civics…..
Old 12 Feb 2023, 10:08 (Ref:4143511)   #1212
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Proctor and Gamble is a marketing man's dream!
Not to mention a goldmine for Addison's bad puns
Old 12 Feb 2023, 11:30 (Ref:4143516)   #1213
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
If they follow the pattern from previous years then it (Media Day) will probably be on Tues 11th or Weds 12th April.
https://www.tsl-timing.com/Results/toca/
TSL have updated their calendar and list a BTCC test day at Brands Hatch for Weds 12th April

And Goodyear Tyre Test at Donington 4th July
Old 12 Feb 2023, 12:06 (Ref:4143517)   #1214
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
https://www.tsl-timing.com/Results/toca/
TSL have updated their calendar and list a BTCC test day at Brands Hatch for Weds 12th April

If I remember rightly, the last few seasons, where there haven't been government restrictions, they've done the press bit the night before at a hotel/venue before the on track action the next day.
Old 12 Feb 2023, 14:34 (Ref:4143527)   #1215
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
If I remember rightly, the last few seasons, where there haven't been government restrictions, they've done the press bit the night before at a hotel/venue before the on track action the next day.
Yep, grid and tracking shots will be done first thing followed by 2 test sessions.
Old 13 Feb 2023, 13:14 (Ref:4143580)   #1216
Pickles
Veteran

BTC rebranded (as expected) to One Motorsport with expanded GT programme

https://twitter.com/onemotorsport_/s...onemotorsport_
Old 13 Feb 2023, 13:22 (Ref:4143581)   #1217
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

https://twitter.com/onemotorsport_/s...onemotorsport_
"will operate a multiple car entry in the @BTCC"

3 cars? 5 cars? Running cars for Moffat?
Old 13 Feb 2023, 13:59 (Ref:4143591)   #1218
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:

https://twitter.com/onemotorsport_
one-motorsport-underscore

Social media manager really on the ball with that one

From now on I shall be referred to them as onederscore motorsport
Old 13 Feb 2023, 14:28 (Ref:4143594)   #1219
SSmith
Racer

Quote:
"will operate a multiple car entry in the @BTCC"

3 cars? 5 cars? Running cars for Moffat?
Not too long to wait for some answers...

Two of their BTCC drivers should be announced before this Friday, and I would imagine the announcement of the British GT programme will come on either Wednesday or Thursday this week (following the recent BGT trend).
Old 13 Feb 2023, 15:47 (Ref:4143597)   #1220
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

could have been worse

they could have rebranded as IF Motorsport
Old 13 Feb 2023, 16:43 (Ref:4143602)   #1221
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It's hilariously dreadful isn't it. It's like a team that would be racing in not Alan Gow's BTCC series.
Old 13 Feb 2023, 16:57 (Ref:4143603)   #1222
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I know it doesn't really matter, but One Motorsport has got to be the most boring name for a team I have ever heard. It reminds me of 'Racing Point' in Formula 1. I'm not sure what the marketing appeal of such a dull name is, although I didn't like BTC either as it sounded too much like BTCC (and I would be interested to know what BTC actually stood for).

But more importantly, who will the drivers be? If rumours are true about the join with Aiden Moffat racing, it would be good to see Moffat in a Civic alongside Cook, while Gamble and Proctor would also be good drivers to add to the team. Jack Goff has also been rumoured although I think this is unlikely, and I would love for Jason Plato to stay for another year. I also wonder if Plato might race for Team Dynamics in place of Rowbottom if he moves to Toyota as has been rumoured. Could that also be the place for Mat Jackson's long-awaited return?
Old 13 Feb 2023, 17:17 (Ref:4143608)   #1223
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One indeed

Old 13 Feb 2023, 17:44 (Ref:4143610)   #1224
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I know it doesn't really matter, but One Motorsport has got to be the most boring name for a team I have ever heard. It reminds me of 'Racing Point' in Formula 1. I'm not sure what the marketing appeal of such a dull name is, although I didn't like BTC either as it sounded too much like BTCC (and I would be interested to know what BTC actually stood for).

But more importantly, who will the drivers be? If rumours are true about the join with Aiden Moffat racing, it would be good to see Moffat in a Civic alongside Cook, while Gamble and Proctor would also be good drivers to add to the team. Jack Goff has also been rumoured although I think this is unlikely, and I would love for Jason Plato to stay for another year. I also wonder if Plato might race for Team Dynamics in place of Rowbottom if he moves to Toyota as has been rumoured. Could that also be the place for Mat Jackson's long-awaited return?

I heard the btc stood for beer tent company
Old 13 Feb 2023, 18:12 (Ref:4143614)   #1225
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphplastering View Post
I heard the btc stood for beer tent company
Correct

It was originally set up to run Chris Stockton's BTCC Lexus in 2006. Stockton's company at the time was 4 Seasons Beer Tent Co Ltd.