Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 24 Aug 2018, 14:58 (Ref:3845795)   #101
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller View Post
I thought Vettel was a BMW junior?
if memory serves he was a RB junior but loaned out to BMW Sauber for a testing role and then promoted after Kubica's accident before being recalled to STR the following season.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 15:06 (Ref:3845797)   #102
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I seriously doubt though it was a serious offer from Red Bull
i would suspect he took whatever other offers he received and used it as leverage to get more money out of Mclaren, Renault, Ferrari, and Mclaren/Honda.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3845801)   #103
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I did chuckle at this comment from Dr Marko though

"If you look at his history, in McLaren and Ferrari, it was always a one-man show," said Marko. "That doesn't fit with us."

Mark Webber would like a word..
I don’t think that is true for McLaren and not always for Ferrari in history. McLaren might have had a one driver better than another at various points which some people infer things from.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 20:11 (Ref:3845865)   #104
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
if memory serves he was a RB junior but loaned out to BMW Sauber for a testing role and then promoted after Kubica's accident before being recalled to STR the following season.
That sounds like what I remembered, but my member berries are rotten so
Old 24 Aug 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3845866)   #105
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Vettel was 100% a BMW junior and Red Bull later bought a half-share from them.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 20:17 (Ref:3845867)   #106
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel was a Red Bull Junior since karts. His BMW connection was that he dominated Formula BMW when he won the title. Won something daft like 16 out of 17 races or something and got a Williams test drive out of it. When he drove for BMW he still had the Red Bull Blue/Silver half half helmet design.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3845869)   #107
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don’t think that is true for McLaren and not always for Ferrari in history. McLaren might have had a one driver better than another at various points which some people infer things from.
Alonso very much wanted McLaren to be focused on him in 2007.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3845871)   #108
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He wanted it but didn't get it. Traditionally, McLaren are not focused on one driver.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 22:03 (Ref:3845878)   #109
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
His ambition was very disruptive. They must have been relieved when he walked, even if Kovalainen proved to be a disappointment.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 23:55 (Ref:3845887)   #110
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
you probably haven’t a clue as usual!
Sincere thanks for your “inside” knowledge!
You are very quick to dismiss others with posts such as the above. But then you post incorrect rubbish like below...
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Vettel was 100% a BMW junior and Red Bull later bought a half-share from them.
Maybe you should take note of your own advice. Yeah??

For the record, Vettel was contracted by Red Bull when he was still racing in karts. Since the age of 11 (or 12) if my memory is correct. The BMW connection came later after his Formula BMW title win, and as a result of the win he was entitled to a F1 test drive with the BMW powered team, which was Williams.

edit: I see Akrapovic has posted the correct information.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 05:27 (Ref:3845918)   #111
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Apologies, age taking it’s toll. I knew he was 50/50 at one stage but recalled the order of how it came about wrong.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 11:23 (Ref:3845962)   #112
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
His ambition was very disruptive. They must have been relieved when he walked, even if Kovalainen proved to be a disappointment.
I see no difference in his thinking to that of Senna, Prost, Mansell, Schu, Hamilton or Vettel.

The best are always selfish and want the team pulling towards them.

The Hamilton's were just as disruptive in 2007 but that gets overlooked in general.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3846012)   #113
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
There is a limit though
Old 25 Aug 2018, 15:54 (Ref:3846015)   #114
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Of course there's a limit, but let's not sit and pretend Lewis hasn't crossed that limit as much as Alonso did. Look at Lewis versus Rosberg and how he acted.

And anyway, this is all sidetracking from the comment. The comment was that McLaren operates with drivers as a 1-2. That simply isn't the case. Whether Alonso wanted that or not is irrelevant because it doesn't happen. The only time McLaren have had drivers in clear 1-2 positions is when those drivers fell into that position naturally - Hakkinen and DC for example.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 17:10 (Ref:3846024)   #115
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I see no difference in his thinking to that of Senna, Prost, Mansell, Schu, Hamilton or Vettel.

The best are always selfish and want the team pulling towards them.

The Hamilton's were just as disruptive in 2007 but that gets overlooked in general.
Exactly so. We do love to hammer drivers (usually the very best ones) when they are single-minded and put themselves first. Woe betide if any other sportsman had such selfish intentions..... The fact is that many people have polarised views about the best drivers, either negative or positive. I'm honest enough to admit that from the Senna/Prost era (although my views have mellowed somewhat over the years). The simple shame of it is that we've been robbed of the opportunity of seeing a truly great F1 champion mixing it with the likes of Hamilton and Vettel over the last few years. He made his bed and he had therefore to lie in it, but I see no reason to castigate him for deciding that he's had enough F1 'sleep'......
Old 26 Aug 2018, 22:43 (Ref:3846414)   #116
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, I join this club with acrimony and decision.
Fernando must leave F1 with immediate effect, for the sake of the sport.
He's so nervous and his age also denotes F1 is no more for him.
The best advice I could do for him, is to honour his McLaren contract to turn to Virtual Racing, and give his seat to Lando Norris for his inmminent debut.
F1 will acknowledge him for all services and could leave the races in peace.
Thank you, Fon.

P.S.: An important motorsport magazine must interview Marc Goosens,
and he has to talk about what he did for Astromega in F3000.
You could take something interesting in his words.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 22:49 (Ref:3846418)   #117
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
edit: I see Akrapovic has posted the correct information.
You're a better man than you think, my friend.
I wait you at Buenos Aires to have an honourable chat,
no tricks my friend, I will respect you.
You're welcome, we could help us each other,
have a lot of work to do, we both.
Also need some advice from you...
Old 26 Aug 2018, 22:50 (Ref:3846419)   #118
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Alonso wishes to go out with a bang then Belgium should be the perfect warm-up act.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 22:55 (Ref:3846421)   #119
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
If Alonso wishes to go out with a bang then Belgium should be the perfect warm-up act.
Nah. Remember, that the first time you did something is Tragedy, and the second time, is Farcical. We Historians have learn that.

Better that Monza will reserve his feelings with Fernando,
didn't have enough with Fon???
I will tell Count Maggi, who still is very, very angry...

I already passed away, courtesy of Eugenio Castellotti of May 26, 1955.
You can't kill me twice. Remember it.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 23:01 (Ref:3846424)   #120
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Nah. Remember, that the first time you did something is Tragedy, and the second time, is Farcical. We Historians have learn that.

Better that Monza will reserve his feelings with Fernando,
didn't have enough with Fon???
I will tell Count Maggi, who still is very, very angry...

I already passed away, courtesy of Eugenio Castellotti of May 26, 1955.
You can't kill me twice. Remember it.
That was a major OMG moment when he was catapulted over Leclerc, the halo finally did what it intended for, Leclerc is so lucky.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 23:06 (Ref:3846426)   #121
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
You know, Alonso himself had the same feeling in 2012, when Grosjean rammed over him at the start.

I have a good friend that adviced some things.
I'm definitively with Fangio in this.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 23:11 (Ref:3846427)   #122
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
One more thing: Brian Weiss adviced myself why one person can't kill someone twice. There are perilous reasons. Very perilous reasons.
Had the feeling on mine. Have to help good friends, even on this forum.
Has to help quickly a good guy who is here, I'm afraid he could have an attack
and I have to help him. Is like his Familiy is preaching me I have to act quickly in his favour.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 23:13 (Ref:3846428)   #123
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
The man I could help is Nelson Piquet... Nelson hope you could read me.
Remember I was your fan on 1987-88, have to be reasonable with you.
I know you well... Despite you need that help more than none else in this world.
We both suffered a treason by the same soul... by the same person.
You know that.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3846529)   #124
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
You know, Alonso himself had the same feeling in 2012, when Grosjean rammed over him at the start.

I have a good friend that adviced some things.
I'm definitively with Fangio in this.
Well, the 1st Lap Nutcase brought that on himself.
Old 27 Aug 2018, 13:40 (Ref:3846539)   #125
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
One more thing: Brian Weiss adviced myself why one person can't kill someone twice. There are perilous reasons. Very perilous reasons.
Had the feeling on mine. Have to help good friends, even on this forum.
Has to help quickly a good guy who is here, I'm afraid he could have an attack
and I have to help him. Is like his Familiy is preaching me I have to act quickly in his favour.
Take care for there is a Gugwe in the woods
Closed Thread