Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Feb 2016, 03:12 (Ref:3613277)   #2101
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd guess if Maccas were happy with the success of their pop-up restaurant at the race then theyll be more than happy to continue. And to have a yellow 'M' on a red Ferrari would be an attraction, surely?
Old 9 Feb 2016, 04:35 (Ref:3613284)   #2102
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I'd guess if Maccas were happy with the success of their pop-up restaurant at the race then theyll be more than happy to continue. And to have a yellow 'M' on a red Ferrari would be an attraction, surely?
There was a popup McDonalds restaurant at the AGP in Melbourne some years ago... the perfect leverage...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Feb 2016, 04:42 (Ref:3613285)   #2103
Christopher
Racer

Australia
Peak Crossing, Queensland.
Christopher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Came down again this year for a week holiday with my brother and sister. Did the track walk and spent 5 hours up and down the mount on Sunday. Weather was great come Sunday, just the right amount of warm. Great friendly event which I hope grows in the coming years.
Old 9 Feb 2016, 06:32 (Ref:3613296)   #2104
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Macca's jump on board after Maranello win in 2014 for 2 years and get to Friday morning in 2015 and lap 1 in 2016. Will they renew ?
It was a 3-year deal for the 12hr when first announced IIRC
Old 9 Feb 2016, 06:48 (Ref:3613298)   #2105
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
It was a 3-year deal for the 12hr when first announced IIRC
Ah yes, you are correct.
Old 9 Feb 2016, 08:49 (Ref:3613314)   #2106
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
were the two related though? dont believe there was a pop restaurant last year
Old 9 Feb 2016, 09:40 (Ref:3613323)   #2107
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope the race continues to attract the privateers that remind me of the once a year regulars that used to turn up to the 1000 before the Supercar era.
I followed the Porsche GT4 through scrutineering where they were picked up for not having working indicators or a battery triangle on the car , then to a few wild spins in practice, then having to send the car back to sydney before suffering major rear damage in the race. They were a genuine no-frills little team who didn't even get a chance to have a wander around until their car had retired on Sunday. I hope they can return next year like they promised to do. The true spirit of the event on display there.
Then there was the pommy pattisserie porsche that seemed to have a magnetic attraction to the donut king focus starting at murrays on friday & continuing at the elbow on sunday. The car already looked a little tired on thursday and continued to have the proverbial "more hits than elvis" as the weekend progressed. Genuine old schoolers with their 1980's style team t-shirts, who were seen showing the owners of the B&B they were staying at around the pits on the weekend. A shame their race ended so violently. I hope they still have some fond memories of their adventure despite the sad end.
Old 9 Feb 2016, 09:58 (Ref:3613326)   #2108
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
I followed the Porsche GT4 through scrutineering where they were picked up for not having working indicators or a battery triangle on the car , then to a few wild spins in practice, then having to send the car back to sydney before suffering major rear damage in the race. They were a genuine no-frills little team who didn't even get a chance to have a wander around until their car had retired on Sunday. I hope they can return next year like they promised to do. The true spirit of the event on display there.

Another fan of those guys here.

Got talking to them while they were putting the car on a flatbed after quali and they were happy to chat. Woke up in the morning hoping they'd be good to race and thankfully they were. Kept an eye on them through the race and was quite sad when they crashed out. Caught the tail end of that wild slide they had up the top of the montain, soo lucky that wasn't the end of their day.

Does anyone know if they have a website or a Facebook? Wouldn't mind one of their grey t shirts.
Old 9 Feb 2016, 10:05 (Ref:3613327)   #2109
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Another fan of those guys here.

Got talking to them while they were putting the car on a flatbed after quali and they were happy to chat. Woke up in the morning hoping they'd be good to race and thankfully they were. Kept an eye on them through the race and was quite sad when they crashed out. Caught the tail end of that wild slide they had up the top of the montain, soo lucky that wasn't the end of their day.

Does anyone know if they have a website or a Facebook? Wouldn't mind one of their grey t shirts.
Pro Sport Performance
Old 9 Feb 2016, 10:24 (Ref:3613329)   #2110
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Thanks

Hope they return, I'll be cheering them on that's for sure.
Old 9 Feb 2016, 11:49 (Ref:3613345)   #2111
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
Then there was the pommy pattisserie porsche that seemed to have a magnetic attraction to the donut king focus starting at murrays on friday & continuing at the elbow on sunday. The car already looked a little tired on thursday and continued to have the proverbial "more hits than elvis" as the weekend progressed. Genuine old schoolers with their 1980's style team t-shirts, who were seen showing the owners of the B&B they were staying at around the pits on the weekend. A shame their race ended so violently. I hope they still have some fond memories of their adventure despite the sad end.
It's unlikely that efforts like those will be welcome in future years with the "new era" of this event under the new management
Old 9 Feb 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3613442)   #2112
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's unlikely that efforts like those will be welcome in future years with the "new era" of this event under the new management
I would dislike it if it becomes a GT3 only race.

Entries like this one and the MARC cars bring extra flavour to the race.
Old 9 Feb 2016, 20:49 (Ref:3613482)   #2113
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I would dislike it if it becomes a GT3 only race.

Entries like this one and the MARC cars bring extra flavour to the race.

Great having the MARC cars on board, maybe a couple TCR cars would be interesting.

Those slower cars help make the GT3 fights so exciting
Old 9 Feb 2016, 20:52 (Ref:3613484)   #2114
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Is that just your opinion or based on anything?
Old 9 Feb 2016, 22:11 (Ref:3613495)   #2115
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Is that just your opinion or based on anything?
I reckon the sharp decline in privateer or smaller teams from the 2015 to 2016 race - but to be fair that is only evidence
Old 9 Feb 2016, 22:19 (Ref:3613497)   #2116
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
One factor in the smaller production car entries would be the 6hr at Easter which would be more appealing for those guys.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 04:54 (Ref:3613561)   #2117
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
One factor in the smaller production car entries would be the 6hr at Easter which would be more appealing for those guys.
The production car entries have dropped year on year from 2011-2015 anyway, when there wasn't any 6hr on offer
Old 10 Feb 2016, 05:14 (Ref:3613565)   #2118
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
The production car entries have dropped year on year from 2011-2015 anyway, when there wasn't any 6hr on offer

True but the alternative of a 6hr production car focussed race on a different date probably hasn't encouraged any new entries either.

Not a production car but watching the combined sedans races at Bathurst and I believe I saw one of the Mazda Rx8 from last years race.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 07:22 (Ref:3613573)   #2119
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Qx0xuPmw0

chris mies eye cam from the weekend, amazing across the top
Old 10 Feb 2016, 07:41 (Ref:3613576)   #2120
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not a production car but watching the combined sedans races at Bathurst and I believe I saw one of the Mazda Rx8 from last years race.
That is the first RX8 he brought in. Different to the other 2 he ran at the 12hr. I did see a post recently that hinted maybe the other 2 have been sold but unconfirmed at this stage.

Sorry we missed you Rich on the Saturday afternoon, you should of just interrupted. A minute after that I would of probably just been standing around)
Old 10 Feb 2016, 07:47 (Ref:3613577)   #2121
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lacey hitting 300 in the Camaro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyXPKGK8Ogc

He had an awesome weekend. To win 2 races and come second all while managing the category with his wife was superb. Pre race start he would get out of his car and walk the dummy grid to wish other competitors all the best and in between sessions he was on the marquee desk helping everyone or handing out timing sheets.

By the end of the weekend there was no red flags in any session for Combined Sedans and only a couple of sector yellows. The last race was cut short by 2 laps due to the GT's running over time.
Old 10 Feb 2016, 09:17 (Ref:3613592)   #2122
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
True but the alternative of a 6hr production car focussed race on a different date probably hasn't encouraged any new entries either.

I spoke to Bruce Henley in the paddock & he said to me for them it was too big of an operation & considering there was meant to be a heap of GT cars lapping them every so many laps they decided to scratch the entries for this year. He actually said the car he drove in the support races lacked the outright pace of the 12hr cars he entered last year, but he did say it was probably due to last years cars having fresher engines
Old 10 Feb 2016, 09:32 (Ref:3613596)   #2123
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k3nlWPMQTbg SVG' record breaker onboard
Old 10 Feb 2016, 09:40 (Ref:3613598)   #2124
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k3nlWPMQTbg SVG' record breaker onboard

Poetry in motion
Old 10 Feb 2016, 20:33 (Ref:3613792)   #2125
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting how smooth SvG races that car, as compared to Kévin Estre who looked like a bull rider in the McLaren.