Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 6 Mar 2021, 21:25 (Ref:4039282)   #401
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Cheers Simon. I'm willing to pay 60 euros as insurance against disappointment - may get one for her too to cover our backs.

Presuming ACO members get first dibs?
Even better, membership is 43 euro's and that gets you two discounted tickets if the ACO allows people to attend
Old 7 Mar 2021, 07:55 (Ref:4039328)   #402
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess that the people that have not asked to be refund last year with their tickets have valid ticket for this year. Taking this assumption in account, how many ticket have been sold? 30K, 50K? If it is the case, if you don't have tickets, it will be quite tricky to have some this year.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 09:09 (Ref:4039330)   #403
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would be fare to let ACO members buy tickets first when they also have a 'creditnote' from last year.
Probably that is whishfull thinking on my side, because I have both. I even had tickets for september.
But, it could also be foreighers are not allowed because all the rules in this whole covid situation are bases on people not travelling to far from home.
Well fingers crossed.

Last edited by whitemr2; 7 Mar 2021 at 09:25.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 10:21 (Ref:4039349)   #404
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Cheers Simon. I'm willing to pay 60 euros as insurance against disappointment - may get one for her too to cover our backs.

Presuming ACO members get first dibs?
Well, I'd like to think so. Members ticketing has traditionally opened a week before they go on sale to the great unwashed. I think there would be considerable anger if members didn't get looked after first, bearing in mind that members paid their membership fee and effectively got nothing in return last year.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 10:55 (Ref:4039373)   #405
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, I'd like to think so. Members ticketing has traditionally opened a week before they go on sale to the great unwashed. I think there would be considerable anger if members didn't get looked after first, bearing in mind that members paid their membership fee and effectively got nothing in return last year.
I am so unwashed that I only ever bought tickets on the gate when I arrived. Except last year, of course, when I bought them in advance, for all the good that did me. Ho hum.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 11:00 (Ref:4039374)   #406
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've kept my booking through Travel Destinations but I am an ACO member. Received an update e mail from TD but they don't know what the organisation will be as yet.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 11:21 (Ref:4039378)   #407
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1st Tickets emailed me yesterday. I don't book my tickets with them but I have booked a number of tickets with them every year as a favour to my old Le Mans pals. As you say Peter, obviously no hard info yet but they do give details of how to defer until 2022 and obtain a credit, should you wish to.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 14:07 (Ref:4039412)   #408
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So in summary, we're not feeling that confident about being able to attend?

I'm personally highly optimistic. I think the world will look very different in 5 months' time.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 14:11 (Ref:4039413)   #409
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm feeding off of the optimism of others. The thought of missing it for two years in a row is pretty dreadful, but I'd rather be pessimistic now and be surprised and pleased in 5 months time than have high hopes dashed...
Old 7 Mar 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4039417)   #410
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm feeding off of the optimism of others. The thought of missing it for two years in a row is pretty dreadful, but I'd rather be pessimistic now and be surprised and pleased in 5 months time than have high hopes dashed...
Sounds much more sensible and mature than my maximum optimism approach. I have as much hope and optimism as a mid-2010s Nismo marketing executive. And that always went well...
Old 7 Mar 2021, 14:41 (Ref:4039419)   #411
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Sounds much more sensible and mature than my maximum optimism approach. I have as much hope and optimism as a mid-2010s Nismo marketing executive. And that always went well...
That much?
Old 7 Mar 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4039436)   #412
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i am making plans and as always optimistic
Old 7 Mar 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4039437)   #413
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I wouldn't expect anything else Simon. I'm making the plans too.....
Old 7 Mar 2021, 16:34 (Ref:4039448)   #414
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can't see it happening without spectators now. I think everyone is right to be optimistic
Old 7 Mar 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4039458)   #415
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Regularly exceeding low expectations is the key to happiness 🙂.
Old 7 Mar 2021, 18:16 (Ref:4039475)   #416
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I suspect you're not far wrong there!
Old 8 Mar 2021, 10:01 (Ref:4039585)   #417
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the race does go ahead on the new dates I will be on my way back from Portugal (hopefully) which is also a holiday that we had to be cancelled last year.

About a month ago I wasn't hopefully of heading off to Portugal until 2022, however I am little more positive now than I was.

So keep the faith everyone hopefully some of you will be France in Mid-August.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 10:09 (Ref:4039587)   #418
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
If the race does go ahead on the new dates I will be on my way back from Portugal (hopefully) which is also a holiday that we had to be cancelled last year.

About a month ago I wasn't hopefully of heading off to Portugal until 2022, however I am little more positive now than I was.

So keep the faith everyone hopefully some of you will be France in Mid-August.
If you speak to the pilot he could drop you off on the way back, perfect solution to the problem.
Old 8 Mar 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4039598)   #419
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Buy a parachute Rob!
Old 15 Mar 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4040512)   #420
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder if the ACO would be brave enough to not sell any advance tickets and just sell in person during the week of the race, when they could be as certain as possible how many people they could allow in, and what the international travel situation was?

Setup a big car park and queuing system at the Expo centre building to sell from.

I'd certainly travel over on that basis, I'm sure many other regulars would too.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 13:43 (Ref:4040558)   #421
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
That sounds a none starter, people would travel down earlier trying to secure tickets and that would cause a problem in itself.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 13:49 (Ref:4040561)   #422
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I wonder if the ACO would be brave enough to not sell any advance tickets and just sell in person during the week of the race, when they could be as certain as possible how many people they could allow in, and what the international travel situation was?
I would be very surprised if the powers-that-be allowed that. No control over numbers turning up, queues and jostling for tickets, chaotic allocation of grandstand seats.

My bet is that the crowd will be all pre-booked tickets with allocated sears and very limited, if any, roaming. I wouldn’t buy a ticket on that basis anyway, even if the decision hadn’t been made for me by having other plans for the new date.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4040574)   #423
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
...and very limited, if any, roaming...
That's my only fear, being allow to attend but you can only watch from a single seat.

To go, or not....

It would be dreadful, but if you stayed at home instead you'd spend every minute wishing you were there.
Old 15 Mar 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4040582)   #424
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, my feelings exactly. We were kind of hoping for a 'village' out at Arnage/Indianapolis. I could put up with staying there for the whole race......
Old 15 Mar 2021, 17:49 (Ref:4040619)   #425
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
That sounds a none starter, people would travel down earlier trying to secure tickets and that would cause a problem in itself.
Absolutely.
It was a condition of the "Villages" plan last year that no tickets were on sale at the circuit entrances