Old 9 Jun 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2478368)   #501
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm just watching/listening to coverage of the first practice session from Istanbul and have to say I think Anthony Davidson is excellent. He seems to have the ability to explain anything he's asked in simple but authorative terms. It's a shame he's not got a drive in F1 this year, but that's to our advantage having him available on the BBC. I wish they'd use him more...
I agree...he explains things very well in a clear and concise way. He should be used more!!!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 21:54 (Ref:2478728)   #502
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm surprised there hasn't been more criticism of Jonathan Legard here, given the at-times wholly unfairly personal criticism of James Allen. I don't mind him myself, but James Allen probably added more, whereas Jonathan Legard sticks to covering the basics and not trying any more- probably why I prefer him.

He does tend to just say what you can already see though, like a really easy round of Catchphrase. I suspect this is a hangover from his radio days. I find his ceaseless 'pushing on' and 'kicking on' (is that a bit like kicking off in football?) amusing though.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 17:35 (Ref:2487068)   #503
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jonathan Legard's mistakes were a bit more obvious than normal for me today, such as Williams running ''Kazuki Jakanima'' alongside ''Nicola Rosberg'', and Q1 being ''black-flagged'.

I miss Crofty and Ant (I was stuck with terrestrial coverage, no digital ).
Old 20 Jun 2009, 17:44 (Ref:2487070)   #504
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought Eddie Jordan was quite good with Bernie Ecclestone... not many people would be brave enough to ask difficult questions.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2487481)   #505
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got used to EJ now, he can be annoying but he's not afraid to ask questions which the muppets from ITV never did. Legard on the other hand is completely useless. Makes countless mistakes, talks about Button non-stop and seems to be in love with him, and there is no chemistry between him and Brundle. I'm not Davidson's biggest fan, I find him extremely patronising at times, but he and David Croft are a hell of a lot better. So I am listening to them from now on. It's good that the Beeb allow us to switch between commentators, but they really need to consider whether Legard should remain as part of the team.

He's worse than James Allen.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 13:19 (Ref:2487540)   #506
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I love bbc coverage, back to how i remember f1 loads of enthusiasm and excitement Jake is a top tv presenter, seems like a normal guy and NO ADVERTS!!!!!

not such a good race today but the coverage shown a good mix not just all brits

gome on jenson 2 more cars for you to get!!!

overall great bbc thanks

i loved the pit stop feature today and the coverage they show on bbc i
Old 21 Jun 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2487607)   #507
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree, i think the BBC are doing a fantastic job. Loved the into called just "Silverstone". I don't have any complaint at all.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 15:24 (Ref:2487610)   #508
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Legard should go, no question, but Jake is a natural and an absolute star, but in a modest and self-effacing way.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 16:19 (Ref:2487633)   #509
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I have been on the 5live feed for the last two races, and i can't see myself going back. Crofty and Ant keep the interest up through teh entire race, whereas Legard gives you the impression its all over half-way through the first lap. I feel like i am turning my back on Martin, but meh, i want to enjoy the races without getting angry at Legard all the time.

I watched through a skybox today and saw there is also an option for no-commentary. I did my own commentary for a while, it was fun.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 18:43 (Ref:2487756)   #510
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BBC coverage on the whole is excellent. Today however Legard was very annoying. Early on in the race when there was a really good battle going on between 2 Mclarens, a renault and someone else, Legard just kept wanting to talk about what Button was doing. Focus on the action on screen please and talk about other things when the race has calmed down.

I won't stray from the main coverage because Brundle is so good but my god we need a new commentator

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant