Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Aug 2015, 00:43 (Ref:3568439)   #1
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pirelli World Challenge Rounds 18 and 19: Sonoma

Just a week after the races at Miller Motorsports Park, the Pirelli World Challenge GT, GTA, GT Cup and GTS classes return to action at Sonoma.

Sonoma should hopefully see the return of the K-Pax Flying Lizard McLarens after the boost limit issues in Utah.

The GTA class includes the return of 10-Tenths' Mike Hedlund in his Ferrari.

The GTS class has several extra entries, specifically Gainsco's Hyundai Genesis for Jeff Harrison, Paul Holton's Compass 360 Audi, Kevin Marshall in a Lotus Evora GT4 and three TRG Aston GT4s for new drivers Jason Alexandridis and Peter Ludwig, and one for returning driver Derek DeBoer.

Schedule

Entry List

Live Streaming (www.world-challengetv.com)

Live Streaming (TorqueTV)

Live Timing and Scoring

Track Maps

Weather (RacecastWeather Site)

Weather (National Weather Service)

Series Twitter

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 25 Aug 2015 at 00:55.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 05:04 (Ref:3568507)   #2
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Others entered, who missed last weekend's races at MMP, include James Sofronas (GMG Audi), Henrik Hedman (DragonSpeed MBZ SLS) and Christina Nielsen (TRG Aston Martin). Also Renger Van Der Zande will replace Ryan Dalziel, who is on WEC duty this week for ESM at the Nurburgring, in the Effort Racing Porsche.
Old 25 Aug 2015, 17:40 (Ref:3568660)   #3
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pick 'Em http://nasportscar.com/2014-pwc-pick-em/

Note, changes to the entry list will occur
Old 26 Aug 2015, 03:08 (Ref:3568782)   #4
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow! 27 entries for the GTS rounds, with nine different manufacturers.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 03:44 (Ref:3568792)   #5
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
TRG is up to 5 Astons of which there are 8 in total on that list!
Old 26 Aug 2015, 15:10 (Ref:3568930)   #6
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Wow! 27 entries for the GTS rounds, with nine different manufacturers.
I think you can get used to those numbers (and up!) for 2016
Old 26 Aug 2015, 15:53 (Ref:3568940)   #7
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
That would be great!

And with 30ish cars in both GT(A) and GTS that's quite evenly balanced as well (but still no reason to run them apart at Road America! )
Old 26 Aug 2015, 17:10 (Ref:3568954)   #8
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
If anyone is going to the races in person, please stop by and say hi! Just ask one of the crew guys to find me if you don't see me standing around.

Also, if you're following me on twitter your name will be on the car for both Sonoma and Laguna Seca (vinyl already made, so no need to follow me now if you weren't already). I'll try to get some good pictures of it.

-mike
Old 26 Aug 2015, 17:58 (Ref:3568968)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
If anyone is going to the races in person, please stop by and say hi! Just ask one of the crew guys to find me if you don't see me standing around.

Also, if you're following me on twitter your name will be on the car for both Sonoma and Laguna Seca (vinyl already made, so no need to follow me now if you weren't already). I'll try to get some good pictures of it.

-mike
That's fantastic! Can't wait to see it.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 22:57 (Ref:3569037)   #10
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

-mike
That's really cool!
Old 27 Aug 2015, 16:40 (Ref:3569195)   #11
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Won't make sonoma mike..had a bit of a mtn bike accident..broke both arms and jaw..hope to be at laguna to stop by and say hello and cheer as loud as I can through the wires!!! Go get em..
Old 27 Aug 2015, 16:58 (Ref:3569200)   #12
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!Mike Hedlund has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Won't make sonoma mike..had a bit of a mtn bike accident..broke both arms and jaw..hope to be at laguna to stop by and say hello and cheer as loud as I can through the wires!!! Go get em..
Ouch!!! Have a speedy recovery and take it easy. See you in Monterey!

-mike
Old 27 Aug 2015, 17:42 (Ref:3569212)   #13
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like Reiter won't be running at Sonoma:

Quote:
Nick Catsburg ‏@nickcatsburg 5m5 minutes ago Bad news, we will not be driving @RaceSonoma this weekend for @WCRacing . Our truck has been involved in a crash . Holiday in SF it seems.
Old 27 Aug 2015, 17:45 (Ref:3569213)   #14
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:

-mike
That's pretty cool!
Old 27 Aug 2015, 17:52 (Ref:3569216)   #15
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Hope you get well soon, schmidder.
Old 27 Aug 2015, 23:49 (Ref:3569276)   #16
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Damn! That sounds quite painful. Hope you get better soon.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3569283)   #17
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
That sounds horrific! I wish you a speedy recovery.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 01:37 (Ref:3569286)   #18
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
I should take up club racing..probably safer!! Will be camping in corkscrew for WC in Sept at laguna..far left two spots..when looking up from track...please come by and say hello..thanks for your thoughts guys..
Old 28 Aug 2015, 02:22 (Ref:3569288)   #19
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ouch, man. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 29 Aug 2015, 01:41 (Ref:3569518)   #20
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
How did practice go mike?
Old 29 Aug 2015, 02:19 (Ref:3569519)   #21
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Quote:
How did practice go mike?
Car was really good, but traffic is really bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwIJHGBIKoQ

Looking forward to tomorrow!

-mike
Old 29 Aug 2015, 02:51 (Ref:3569523)   #22
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
Love the videos...I'll be watching
Old 29 Aug 2015, 14:22 (Ref:3569629)   #23
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Car was really good, but traffic is really bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwIJHGBIKoQ

Looking forward to tomorrow!

-mike
The new black and lime green livery looks pretty sharp.
Old 29 Aug 2015, 17:16 (Ref:3569657)   #24
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The venerable Mr. Hedlund just posted this on Twitter:

Old 29 Aug 2015, 20:34 (Ref:3569689)   #25
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
GT qualifying just ended! EFFORT first and third, with a McLaren in the middle!

Timing page has full results:
http://worldchallenge.growsites.net/

Also, GTS race 1 is about to start!

http://www.world-challengetv.com/