Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is the driver of the Grand Prix for you?
Nico Rosberg 2 4.26%
Daniel Ricciardo 8 17.02%
Nico Hulkenberg 4 8.51%
Fernando Alonso 18 38.30%
Lewis Hamilton 7 14.89%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Sergio Pérez 1 2.13%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Jolyon Palmer 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Esteban Gutiérrez 0 0%
Max Verstappen 2 4.26%
Esteban Ocon 1 2.13%
Felipe Nasr 0 0%
Kimi Räikkönen 3 6.38%
Kevin Magnussen 1 2.13%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Pascal Wehrlein 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Aug 2016, 12:36 (Ref:3668033)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Belgian Grand Prix 2016

Who is the driver of the Grand Prix?
Old 28 Aug 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3668067)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hamilton drive from the back was great, but he had the car to do it. I voted for Alonso given he did well from the back. Given the McLaren/Honda issues, I am more impressed with his drive. Only fault against him was dodgy pit lane shenanigans. Hulk did well. Too bad he missed the podium.

Not impressed with Max's driving today.

Richard
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:08 (Ref:3668100)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm going to give it to Alonso too. Hamilton's fight back to 3rd was good of course, but Alonso's was probably the more hard fought. Hulkenberg would be my close second.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:12 (Ref:3668104)   #4
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tricky to pick today :-

Nico - well, he did what he had to do - get pole and win. What more can you ask? Okay, he had the car to do it - and was let off the hook some what with the first corner tussle. But, still a good performance from him.

Danny - managed to avoid the first corner tussle and get second - in probably the second fastest set of cars around Spa. Also put outperformed his teammate who seemed to be getting all the kudos - and especially after he outqualified Danny.

Hamilton - was lucky with the crashes and the red flag, and had the car to plow through the field, but a competent and mature performance from him. He knew a win was unlikely, but still got decent points and a podium. Minimised the damage for his chance at the WDC.

Hulk - Nearly got a podium. Good tussles with Hamilton. A really strong result from him.

Pérez - Superb points position from him. The Force Indias both did good here.

Alonso - Coming from the back - and in the McLaren(which is probably a midfield car still - although the chassis looks strong) - and a decent points scoring position. A determined drive and his little tussle in the pitlane with Hulk was highlight - the old Alonso is still there.

I'm going to give it to Alonso. As he had probably the weakest car at the bunch of drivers from above - and came from the back and got a spectacular result. I'd say Danny would be runner-up for DOTOR.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3668123)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Alonso gets my vote, from the back to 7th in that cars was a great performance IMHO
Old 28 Aug 2016, 15:53 (Ref:3668127)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
really fun to see Alonso in the mix again!
Old 28 Aug 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3668140)   #7
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This was a difficult one. Rosberg did all that was required, but he had it easy and we have no way of knowing how he would have gone if he'd been put under pressure. Hamilton and Alonso both got good results from the back, but they were both lucky to benefit from the two crashes, so I'm surprised everyone is voting for Alonso. In the end I voted for the Hulk because he got a surprising result and he's such a happy chap.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 16:37 (Ref:3668142)   #8
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Esteban Ocon gets my vote.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 17:31 (Ref:3668156)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 18:29 (Ref:3668173)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Alonso for me - that's more than the Honda engine should have delivered today.

At the opposite end of the scale Verstappen started badly and it was downhill from there, some very dodgy driving from him today.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 19:10 (Ref:3668196)   #11
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Difficult choice:I'm going to hesitate between Ricciardo, Alonso and the 2 Force India drivers.

Far easier: idiot of the race: the Dutch teenager.
Maybe he has now learnt you can't win a race in the first corner but you can lose it there.
Knowing him, it is probably everybody else's fault but certainly not his.
Didn't stop him from doing his dirty tricks again(!) on Raikkonen (again!).

Zero points this time, kid!

--

EDIT: I voted Alonso
Old 28 Aug 2016, 19:28 (Ref:3668199)   #12
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso - the progress McLaren Honda's made over the last 12 months is very very impressive. To be able to fight with the Williams / Force India's now, compared to where they were before, is genuinely noteworthy.

Verstappen is going to cause a huge accident soon if he doesn't learn. Sadly, it may take a consequence of his stupid moves to make him learn. He's bloody fast, and is clearly the next big talent, but he reminds me of a blend of Schumacher / Senna's OTT ruthlessness, with Hamilton's early F1 career clumsiness.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 20:08 (Ref:3668215)   #13
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
Verstappen is going to cause a huge accident soon if he doesn't learn. Sadly, it may take a consequence of his stupid moves to make him learn. He's bloody fast, and is clearly the next big talent, but he reminds me of a blend of Schumacher / Senna's OTT ruthlessness, with Hamilton's early F1 career clumsiness.
Post race Will Buxton with NBCSN interviewed Verstappen. It was an interesting exchange. Here is the part in which they discuss his driving style...

WB: "A lot of radio chatter today from other drivers not happy with your defensive style of driving out there but you haven't been called to see the stewards, there were no investigation, (are) you happy with the way your driving and defending?"

MV: "Yeah, otherwise I should have got a penalty if it was not correct. I think everything was fair again today."

Will also asked him about turn one. Verstappen basically blamed Kimi and Sebastian. That they ruined his race! There is no reason to think he is going to change until he sees some type of negative consequences. Either from his team or the stewards.

Richard
Old 28 Aug 2016, 20:25 (Ref:3668235)   #14
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I voted for Kimi.He deserves it for his accurate and trenchant description of Verstappen's driving.Others performed well.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 03:52 (Ref:3668311)   #15
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi hands down.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 04:40 (Ref:3668317)   #16
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis, with kudos to Nico, Daniel and Kimi.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 11:16 (Ref:3668365)   #17
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Post race Will Buxton with NBCSN interviewed Verstappen. It was an interesting exchange. Here is the part in which they discuss his driving style...

WB: "A lot of radio chatter today from other drivers not happy with your defensive style of driving out there but you haven't been called to see the stewards, there were no investigation, (are) you happy with the way your driving and defending?"

MV: "Yeah, otherwise I should have got a penalty if it was not correct. I think everything was fair again today."

Will also asked him about turn one. Verstappen basically blamed Kimi and Sebastian. That they ruined his race! There is no reason to think he is going to change until he sees some type of negative consequences. Either from his team or the stewards.

Richard
That's the worry. Horner isn't going to tell him off - as Marko / Verstappen Snr will be encouraging this extreme aggression.

For me, in any formula if a driver is moving in the braking zone - matching and blocking deliberately the overtaking cars move - and out of spite for a earlier clumsy move which Max could have been brighter on, is a worry.

He's quick, no doubt - truly a mega mega talent, that was clear from his karting days, but his racing moves if carried out by Grosjean a few years ago, would have been jumped on.

Someone needs to grow some balls and have a chat with him. But, they won't, so it will take something to happen on track for him to maybe change.
Old 29 Aug 2016, 20:28 (Ref:3668488)   #18
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since Alonso is getting plenty of kudos, I'll toss my vote to Perez. Hulkenberg seems to be getting plenty of praise, yet it was Perez who I felt had the stronger drive at FI. Off the start, the two Force Indias were side by side going into La Source, but it was Perez who was forced to take the long way around the spinning Vettel, losing plenty of places. However he recovered those positions, pulling off a few excellent overtakes in the process, and finished the race right behind his teammate. That's a great drive.

Last edited by Beryl; 29 Aug 2016 at 20:52.
Old 30 Aug 2016, 06:03 (Ref:3668564)   #19
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Hard to really see a standout but I've gone for Kimi. He endured a race of being hit, baulked and generally mucked about but kept on it and delivered a good result.
Old 30 Aug 2016, 16:34 (Ref:3668649)   #20
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
I'm old and tired but still have my view.

Kevin because he's okay.

jimclark
Old 31 Aug 2016, 05:07 (Ref:3668744)   #21
coln72
Racer

coln72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Webber for drinking the bubbly out of Ricciardo's boot..........
Old 31 Aug 2016, 14:04 (Ref:3668783)   #22
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coln72 View Post
Mark Webber for drinking the bubbly out of Ricciardo's boot..........
"Shooting the boot"... gross, but funny. He really couldn't say no once challenged.

Richard
Old 31 Aug 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3668834)   #23
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
"Shooting the boot"... gross, but funny. He really couldn't say no once challenged.

Richard
You'd drink out of someone else's shoe??!!
Old 1 Sep 2016, 04:38 (Ref:3668865)   #24
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
You'd drink out of someone else's shoe??!!
Depends how much I liked her. But not Danny Rics.