Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Apr 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3725860)   #51
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well if you look at cost for other uk sporting events then the cost of the silverstone tickets ae good value, but as a sportscar fan perhaps i am biased.
As for a 10/10ths meets then the usual meet up in the club stand before the start seems best.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 15:21 (Ref:3725869)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All these things are relative. For me, £40 for my once a year fix of WEC/ELMS at Silverstone over three days is a complete steal. It's the additional ancillary costs which mount up - two nights at the TL, two curryfests, other food at the circuit and the petrol for the 5 hour round trip. Bearing in mind I paid nearly £200 for two tickets to a very poorly organised concert last June which lasted a couple of hours, I'm not complaining....
Old 12 Apr 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3725945)   #53
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for all the considered replies to my rant on admission prices, I can only conclude that perhaps it's bad planning on my part, rather looks that advance ticketing and allocation of time is the priority!
Unfortunately I probably still live to certain extent in a time warp when a week at Le Mans cost £25 plus camping and travel! I'm beginning to realise that my annual £200 season at Brands Hatch is pretty good value but don't tell JP or he'll put the prices up! I'll get to Sillystone or better still Spa next year with a bit more forethought, have fun any of you guys who are going at the weekend, at least the weather looks fair even if the circuit is rubbish for spectating.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 19:30 (Ref:3725946)   #54
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
All these things are relative. For me, £40 for my once a year fix of WEC/ELMS at Silverstone over three days is a complete steal. It's the additional ancillary costs which mount up - two nights at the TL, two curryfests, other food at the circuit and the petrol for the 5 hour round trip. Bearing in mind I paid nearly £200 for two tickets to a very poorly organised concert last June which lasted a couple of hours, I'm not complaining....
Talking of tickets i have 2x Adult tickets for the Sunday (WEC Raceday) that I can no longer use. Face value is £80 advance purhase, but happy to accept £55 and can either post first class tomorrow or arrange collection at circuit over the weekend. Regards, Nick
Old 12 Apr 2017, 19:32 (Ref:3725948)   #55
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nick I'm interested I'll drop you a PM

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 12 Apr 2017, 20:31 (Ref:3725961)   #56
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Nick I'm interested I'll drop you a PM

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
PM Replied. Thanks Nick
Old 13 Apr 2017, 10:26 (Ref:3726066)   #57
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewn7 View Post
PM Replied. Thanks Nick
Tickets now SOLD and dispatched to midgetman. Thanks, Nick
Old 13 Apr 2017, 11:04 (Ref:3726071)   #58
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's been a noticeable increase in promotion this year. I've seen an offical WEC advert at a service station in Derbyshire and yesterday I walked through Canary Wharf and Porsche had a huge electronic advert for the meeting this weekend.

Be interesting to see if this results in any increase in spectators.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3726078)   #59
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I too have a beef about tickets, for some reason these days tracks tend to advertise a price before fees are added.

So they have great pride in telling you its a tenner tomorrow, which it never, ever will be, to anyone. As there is a 3 quid admin fee for me to do the transaction, print out the tickets using my ink and my paper, them not to put a stamp on the letter and me to take it with.

To save,,, 2 whole pounds on main entry price.

No point whatsoever.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 12:22 (Ref:3726081)   #60
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also feel like it is Toyota's race to lose this one but anything can happen in 6 hours. Really looking forward to seeing the new P2 cars as they sound amazing!

I'll be there all three days so if you see someone in a grey and blue colts beanie hat (with a tiny bit of orange at the front) say hi as i'm always up for chatting to fellow tenthers. Plus i'll try to be at club stand for the start to chat to everyone meeting there.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 13:07 (Ref:3726090)   #61
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
There's been a noticeable increase in promotion this year. I've seen an offical WEC advert at a service station in Derbyshire and yesterday I walked through Canary Wharf and Porsche had a huge electronic advert for the meeting this weekend.

Be interesting to see if this results in any increase in spectators.
Yep agreed on the promotion side. I wonder whether they are trying to counteract a bit of a potential downturn. No Webber, no Audi. Certainly less buzz going into this season than previous years.

I'm still expecting it to be decent as it's had some continuity over what, the last five years in this slot?
Old 13 Apr 2017, 13:18 (Ref:3726093)   #62
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Won't be going this year for the first time in years. Combination of life stuff / BTCC is on at Donington and the rather high ticket prices have put pay to that.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 13:21 (Ref:3726094)   #63
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just an FYI, I have added a few of the normal race thread links to the opening post.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 15:12 (Ref:3726113)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
....even if the circuit is rubbish for spectating.
I sometimes feel that I'm the only person who actually enjoys spectating at Silverstone! OK, it's a bloody pain to have to walk all the way to the Wing (but I presume the buses will be running again this year), but for me, one of the highlights of the race is the full lap we'll do walking the circuit. Despite the fact that you're some distance from the action, I still find it very enjoyable.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 15:22 (Ref:3726116)   #65
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ELMS FP1 is going on. Ryo Hirakawa has just lapped 1:44.699. Last year the fastest non-hybrid LMP1 lap was 1:46.235 by Nick Heidfeld.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 15:25 (Ref:3726121)   #66
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Silverstone's only positives are that it is close to the motorway, plenty of parking and that there are grandstands with roofs.

Admittedly the view of the Maggotts/Becketts esses is pretty good (despite fencing) and very close.

I'd much prefer to watch a race at any other circuit (except maybe Rockingham).

(Although I have not visited Goodwood, Anglesey or Mallory #Slacker)
Old 13 Apr 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3726122)   #67
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well just need to pack up a few things then off in the morning, diverting via Beckenham and then Harlow to pick people up then straight to silverstone, hopefully will see plenty of you at club in the hour before the start, but if not probably most of you walking around the circuit.
Saw the adverts while in Hong Kong but must admit i was watching channel 4 at the time.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3726123)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Just an FYI, I have added a few of the normal race thread links to the opening post.
Thanks Joe
Old 13 Apr 2017, 16:23 (Ref:3726134)   #69
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX_LeMans View Post
ELMS FP1 is going on. Ryo Hirakawa has just lapped 1:44.699. Last year the fastest non-hybrid LMP1 lap was 1:46.235 by Nick Heidfeld.
That is quick!
Old 13 Apr 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3726149)   #70
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX_LeMans View Post
Yikes! The ACO slowing down lmp1 is going to look foolish if these new p2's are clipping at their heels . Pascal Vasselon from Toyota said that without any performance gains on the off-season, the hybrid cars would lose around 2 seconds per lap on any given WEC track and 4-5 seconds per lap at Le Mans!

Have a look at the practice 1 times from last year for the P1's- Porsche led the way with a 1:42.1! Take two seconds away from that and they're barely any faster than the new lmp2's

And just how much faster are they than last year's lmp2's? In the ELMS, a 1:49.3 from an Oreca 05 was the best time in practice (2), that's almost 5 seconds!
Old 13 Apr 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3726159)   #71
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Also makes Rebellion's decision to defect to LMP2 look even better, since the new LMP2s look able to go as fast or faster than LMP1 privateer cars for less money.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3726162)   #72
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that 1.44.6 is insane!
hope that during qualifying and race, will be shown the telemetry for lmp2 too, so we can compare 2017 lmp2 cornering speed with 2015/2016 r18.

Ever more confident that at le mans 3.26 will be an easy wall to crush
Old 13 Apr 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3726170)   #73
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTW just wondering how fast could be a 930kg / daytona restrictors / dunlop powered cadillac dpi
Old 13 Apr 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3726171)   #74
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
BTW just wondering how fast could be a 930kg / daytona restrictors / dunlop powered cadillac dpi
Probably just as quick if not quicker. I bet they could beat last year's p1-privateer pace easily.

I seriously hope this race shows the ACO that they made a mistake in slowing the p1's this much. I really hope the p2's challenge a (low downforce) Porsche or maybe even a Toyota.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 17:52 (Ref:3726173)   #75
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Probably just as quick if not quicker. I bet they could beat last year's p1-privateer pace easily.

I seriously hope this race shows the ACO that they made a mistake in slowing the p1's this much. I really hope the p2's challenge a (low downforce) Porsche or maybe even a Toyota.

Won't be unlikely if in next races ACO will introduce mandatory rev limiters or air restrictors for lmp2 cars to slow them down