Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Jul 2018, 16:18 (Ref:3836091)   #376
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
http://livetiming.tsl-timing.com/182841 TSL is now showing Hill out in the MG6
*spoilers*
Old 11 Jul 2018, 16:19 (Ref:3836092)   #377
BobJones
Veteran

Quote:
then say nothing "I know something you don't know" just comes across pointless
Keep saying vague things, I say. Keeps it all interesting.
Old 11 Jul 2018, 16:21 (Ref:3836093)   #378
BobJones
Veteran

Am I seeing things, or does the timing screen say 'Gow' behind the wheel of the Alfa?

Old 11 Jul 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3836100)   #379
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He is in possession of a current MSA race licence and being 10secs off the pace tallys. Maybe he wanted to sample current machinery?
Old 11 Jul 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3836111)   #380
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looking at the pdf book (last few pages) it was certainly alan gow in the alfa, gaffer back racing, was handy in a v8 supercar
Old 11 Jul 2018, 18:10 (Ref:3836117)   #381
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Keep saying vague things, I say. Keeps it all interesting.
i may know something but i cant tell you guys, my neighbours friends sisters boyfriend had a tyre changed and the fitter did his mechanics course as the same guy who counts the spanners back into the box for the Team Hard VW Cup team on Tuesday afternoons once hes swept up and he said something but i cant possibly say what
Old 11 Jul 2018, 18:31 (Ref:3836118)   #382
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Going by the unpainted front bumpers and bonnets I would assume HARD have been doing further work to the CC's aero
Old 11 Jul 2018, 18:34 (Ref:3836119)   #383
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Going by the unpainted front bumpers and bonnets I would assume HARD have been doing further work to the CC's aero
Or they had sponsors associated with Hill on the painted ones...
Old 11 Jul 2018, 19:04 (Ref:3836126)   #384
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
Looks like it's on at least 3 of the cars, from the photos I've seen
Old 11 Jul 2018, 19:17 (Ref:3836128)   #385
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think it looks more obvious on Hill’s old car as Rolec and his sponsors have all been removed. Interesting post on Rolec Racing’s FB page.
Old 11 Jul 2018, 19:27 (Ref:3836131)   #386
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Because it's easier to swap a bumper than to apply some tape...
Old 11 Jul 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3836136)   #387
Racer65
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Because it's easier to swap a bumper than to apply some tape...
It was a joke, hence the wink....
Old 11 Jul 2018, 19:57 (Ref:3836140)   #388
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
I think it looks more obvious on Hill’s old car as Rolec and his sponsors have all been removed. Interesting post on Rolec Racing’s FB page.
Do you mean:

Everyone here at Rolec Racing was very disappointed to learn the news that Jake Hill will no longer be a member of Team Hard racing, and we understand that fans will be disappointed too. Rolec Racing is currently evaluating its future motorsport sponsorship options in light of the news. We will update on this as soon as we possibly can. Thank you to everyone who has supported us, Jake Hill and Team Hard so far.

sounds like they were sponsoring him for Team Hard only ? has the TG34 mafia had a word..
Old 11 Jul 2018, 19:59 (Ref:3836142)   #389
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
So, do we reckon Mr Gow had his cheque book out to pay for the ride today? Or a back scratching arrangement? Or simply a generous gesture by Mssrs Belcher and Austin?
Old 11 Jul 2018, 20:07 (Ref:3836144)   #390
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do you mean:

Everyone here at Rolec Racing was very disappointed to learn the news that Jake Hill will no longer be a member of Team Hard racing, and we understand that fans will be disappointed too. Rolec Racing is currently evaluating its future motorsport sponsorship options in light of the news. We will update on this as soon as we possibly can. Thank you to everyone who has supported us, Jake Hill and Team Hard so far.

sounds like they were sponsoring him for Team Hard only ? has the TG34 mafia had a word..
Indeed! So does this leave Hill short of funds or would the RCIB sponsorship at AmD cover the equivalent?
Old 11 Jul 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3836149)   #391
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If the hints were enough for people to pick up on who it was, then surely that's the same as just giving the information clearly?

If people would be upset with you saying who it is, won't they be just as upset with hints?
No, when you've been asked not to name the person, but given the ok to drop hints, you stick to your word. When that comes from a direct source you stick to what you're told you are allowed to say.
Old 11 Jul 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3836150)   #392
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i may know something but i cant tell you guys, my neighbours friends sisters boyfriend had a tyre changed and the fitter did his mechanics course as the same guy who counts the spanners back into the box for the Team Hard VW Cup team on Tuesday afternoons once hes swept up and he said something but i cant possibly say what
Bit different when it comes from a direct source though and not through a mate of a friend of someone who know someone.
Old 11 Jul 2018, 20:56 (Ref:3836151)   #393
3marinadrive
Rookie

3marinadrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I've seen that coming since Hill's podium and him claiming that he doesn't have funds to finish the season. But is this really related to the lack of funds? I'm not sure, maybe it's performance related and now Jake will replace Boardman in MG.
Hill has consistently been the strongest performer for Team HARD since he joined them. He has always struggled with budget, but the reason for him leaving is down to the ridiculous comedy mess that is Team HARD and the challenge of dealing with the management - plus his sponsors being royally ****ed off with the way that were treated....

He has some very strong and loyal sponsors - in fact probably the most sponsors of any driver - for his ability as opposed to the fact his father his wealthy...he has 28 sponsors who all believe in him. He will be back. His performance today in the test - in his first time in the car, on f***ed tyres, he was P12 until everyone else put on new tyres and he didn't.....

He will be back and he will prove to people what a talent he is
Old 11 Jul 2018, 21:01 (Ref:3836152)   #394
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Reading the published info about Jake the waters are murky: seems TG is an unhappy bunny and that Jake and Shaun have not inked the rumoured deal. Maybe that hinges on Jake's performance in testing? Not to mention budget!

Expecting some Boardley and Caine news in the coming days (weeks?) Edit: or not as it may well turn out.
I think it more hinges on how much of a fuss Tony makes, Shaun wouldn’t have him in the car unless he was shoe in for the seat. I’m sure Mr Gilham would be appeased by some financial compensation, but money is tight, could be very interesting how this pans out.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 08:28 (Ref:3836239)   #395
BobJones
Veteran

Not sure what to make about Simon Hill's tweets:

So @JakeHillDriver has parted company with @briskyracing @TPCracingBTCC ....tough decision ...had a go in @RCIBRacing @autoaidbreakd @AmDessex MG6.... thanks so much for the chance to try something different. Was made to feel very welcome. Thanks for making us feel so valued x

Really proud of @JakeHillDriver ....was only given a few laps on very old tyres ...wasn't even expecting to drive....but got to grips with the @AmDessex @RCIBRacing car quickly...such a strong performance in very emotional situation. Quality will always win through #tsltellsall

All I can say it's been a very very tough day. I am hugely proud of my talented little boy @JakeHillDriver ....

Don’t know who is going to host the Team Hard Q&A mate...I’m sure whoever does it will be infinitely more professional and engaging than me.....@JakeHillDriver and me will not be missed I’m sure...thank goodness @CaineMotorsport is there...let’s be honest he the star #lovecainey

https://twitter.com/simonmhill
Old 12 Jul 2018, 08:35 (Ref:3836243)   #396
Overboost
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
I think it more hinges on how much of a fuss Tony makes, Shaun wouldn’t have him in the car unless he was shoe in for the seat. I’m sure Mr Gilham would be appeased by some financial compensation, but money is tight, could be very interesting how this pans out.
Let's hope Mr Gilham doesn't follow the alleged example of a fellow team boss when his driver wanted to leave and threatening to burn down his house
Old 12 Jul 2018, 08:36 (Ref:3836244)   #397
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So with Jake Hill driving for AMD in the test, that is the biggest hint he will replace Boardman
Old 12 Jul 2018, 08:57 (Ref:3836249)   #398
yellowbeard
Rookie

yellowbeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm thinking we may see one (or more) of Matt Neal's sons testing today due to the fact that he's now appearing on the timing board as 'M Neal' instead of the usual 'Neal'
Old 12 Jul 2018, 09:21 (Ref:3836254)   #399
Racer65
Racer

Looks like they've given Hill some new tyres today. He's 2 seconds better than yesterday already.
Old 12 Jul 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3836255)   #400
Evantra
Veteran

England
Adam Hatfield also testing for HARD