Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 18 Jan 2008, 00:28 (Ref:2108438)   #26
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I liked the class A and class B structure when I first started racing, It worked very well and was not broken.

Its not the same when you see half of the field standing on the podium.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 09:08 (Ref:2108576)   #27
phantom lunger
Rookie

phantom lunger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz
Class D: Cars built from 1/1/84 to 31/12/86
Class E: Cars built before 1984

This allows 1982 and 1983 models to move from Class D to Class E.
The reasoning being that as there aren't any 1982 or 1983 models at present it might just bring some out of the woodwork to bolster Class E
As the saying should be - if it aint broke don't fix it..., but continue making slight modifications to achieve a better product.

Like it. Anything to encourage the older FFs out can only be a good thing. There's plenty out there.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 15:44 (Ref:2108856)   #28
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom lunger
Like it. Anything to encourage the older FFs out can only be a good thing. There's plenty out there.
Shame they are too old to enter the national series.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 17:40 (Ref:2108920)   #29
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This email has just gone out from Kevin Shortis

Quote:
From Kevin Shortis

Subject - Points scoring for Club Formula Ford National Championship.

Having given this topic a lot of thought, I have been considering the points scoring for National competitors. At present our plan was to restrict just post 89 competitors to be able to score National points at any National nominated NW or MS regional race.

Having now worked on this for a few days, I have to ask whether we should open this up to all classes and ages and allow all racers to gain points for the National races as well as their own regional ones. This only affects the Northwest at present in as much my proposal will allow the top ten from either post 89 and pre 90 to score National points. This then clears the way for Midland/South rounds to benefit from larger grids if pre 90 competitors want a stab at the National races within MS. It should increase the grids for MS and satisfy the pre 90 competitors as well. In time we may find split races for MS as well (optimism here)!

There will only be one set of National points irrespective of age etc.

Obviously we will write regs to state that if a competitor races in one of the NW designated National races he will only be allowed to score in the first race that he takes part in and not be able to enter pre 90 and post 89 races to take two scores. (DH rounds will count a double scores and not quadruple.)

Can anyone see any practical difficulties with this scenario?

Please let me know.

Regards

Kevin
Old 18 Jan 2008, 17:49 (Ref:2108924)   #30
youngoldy
Racer

United Kingdom
Somewhereorotherville
youngoldy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good to see Kevin is listening up.

The idea of givig points out t top 10 in each class sounds the ony way to go with incorperating a national championship with a regional one.

Im sure opening the D and E classes up, means that lots more classic and historic FF will race in FF1600, so this can only be god for FF.

If you have not guessed yet, Kevin gets my vote.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 18:00 (Ref:2108929)   #31
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This only affects the Northwest at present in as much my proposal will allow the top ten from either post 89 and pre 90 to score National points
I can see where they are coming from but being part of a team which has drivers confirmed for eight modern Van Diemens this year, this is only likely to put them off.

"So I can be 'beaten' by someone slower in a completely different race then?"
Old 18 Jan 2008, 18:09 (Ref:2108934)   #32
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
I can see where they are coming from but being part of a team which has drivers confirmed for eight modern Van Diemens this year, this is only likely to put them off.

"So I can be 'beaten' by someone slower in a completely different race then?"
I refer the honourable gentleman to my reply #7 on page one.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 18:16 (Ref:2108937)   #33
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by diz
I refer the honourable gentleman to my reply #7 on page one.
It was, indeed, a good point and well made sir!
Old 18 Jan 2008, 19:03 (Ref:2108962)   #34
goughy
Racer

goughy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with John, You cant have a battle for a national championship with drivers in 2 seperate races. Lets say the national championship goes down to the wire between a post and pre driver. You can't have a battle for the national championship with the 2 drivers not even having to race each other-it would be a bit of a joke! My understanding is also that the Irish are coming to do the National Championship, so whichever way you look at it, the post races will be more difficult to win.

I have given this a lot of thought and cannot come up with a solution other than all classes race together in the NW champ through a qually heat system-just like they do at Combe. The BRSCC would not need to add an extra race to the program, etc, so this seems a good idea to me.

Last edited by goughy; 18 Jan 2008 at 19:09.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 19:14 (Ref:2108970)   #35
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I must admit, I prefer my solution although I am pleased that an answer to this is being sought.

I don't see the problem with keeping two sets of points. You could ensure that the overall champion came from the (likely) overall frontrunners by offering twice the points (say) to Post 89 than to Pre 90.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 20:04 (Ref:2109000)   #36
Cleggie
Rookie

Cleggie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My head hurts after reading all this, it looks far too complicated, FF1600 seemed to be straightforward when I did it..... hang on! I have an answer.....the asking price of ff1600 seems to have soared in the years since i sold my 89 Reynard, if your head hurts too then why dont you sell your old FF for a nice profit and buy a cheap, relatively speaking, F3. Masters class is easily the same cash, come and do some wings & slicks. Just think of it, no more popping rivets & cracked fibreglass, just ooooodles of carbonfibre and a host of great circuits....well just an idea, don't give it a second thought..... now where were we........blah, blah, pre this, post that, blah, blah.......
Old 18 Jan 2008, 20:16 (Ref:2109008)   #37
Athgoe Racing
Racer

Athgoe Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a bit of a joke to me, you would end up having drivers weighing up which is the easyest race to score points in and then racing in that class, you could have to post drivers up for the champ at the end of the season and one opting to hire a pre car to score max points. To many loop holes. One race is the only way to go! if you have to have a qualifing race to get on to the back of the grid whats the big deal.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2109015)   #38
blue nose
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleggie
My head hurts after reading all this, it looks far too complicated, FF1600 seemed to be straightforward when I did it..... hang on! I have an answer.....the asking price of ff1600 seems to have soared in the years since i sold my 89 Reynard, if your head hurts too then why dont you sell your old FF for a nice profit and buy a cheap, relatively speaking, F3. Masters class is easily the same cash, come and do some wings & slicks. Just think of it, no more popping rivets & cracked fibreglass, just ooooodles of carbonfibre and a host of great circuits....well just an idea, don't give it a second thought..... now where were we........blah, blah, pre this, post that, blah, blah.......
We need Tom Dooley to come back and fix the BRSCC. Steve a better idea would be to sell your plastic car and buy a Reynard
Old 18 Jan 2008, 20:43 (Ref:2109026)   #39
Cleggie
Rookie

Cleggie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue nose
We need Tom Dooley to come back and fix the BRSCC. Steve a better idea would be to sell your plastic car and buy a Reynard
PLASTIC CAR INDEED, SIR! I will thumb my nose at you the next time we meet and challenge you to pistols at dawn. You, Blunt Noise, are an irrepressible CAD! I hope any gentleman will keep his daughters a safe distance from any of your like.....
Old 18 Jan 2008, 21:48 (Ref:2109071)   #40
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
God help me, As if co-ordinating NW FF isn't ball aching enough, I forgot all about Cleggie when I volunteered to co-ordinate Club F3 as well
Old 18 Jan 2008, 21:53 (Ref:2109077)   #41
itsonlyme
Racer

England
itsonlyme has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
, Blunt Noise,
Old 19 Jan 2008, 08:46 (Ref:2109243)   #42
blue nose
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz
God help me, As if co-ordinating NW FF isn't ball aching enough, I forgot all about Cleggie when I volunteered to co-ordinate Club F3 as well
Good man Diz...Wipe the smile of Master Cleggs face and give them more classes than us.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 11:58 (Ref:2110475)   #43
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
My biggest regret is that round one clashes with the Golden Helmet at Castle Combe, as it dilutes both events. I am sure several people would love to do both. I'd like to attend both, but I may end up at Combe.
Supprise supprise i'm sure the BRSCC do it on purpose,i as you said Ian it just dilutes both events which is a shame not only for Combe but for Fford general.
This new "national" championship dosen't even go to Combe oh yeah i forgot Brscc were chucked out a couple of years ago sour grapes in my view!!!
Old 21 Jan 2008, 12:24 (Ref:2110488)   #44
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As it happens, I understand that the people closest to the running of the championship were keen for a Combe event to be included, possibly on the Easter Monday...

A shame, because a Combe and a Donington in place of a Mallory and Anglesey would have made for a brilliant calendar. But it is still not bad.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 06:01 (Ref:2111030)   #45
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
As it happens, I understand that the people closest to the running of the championship were keen for a Combe event to be included, possibly on the Easter Monday...

A shame, because a Combe and a Donington in place of a Mallory and Anglesey would have made for a brilliant calendar. But it is still not bad.
Some drivers could well have had 2 possibly 3 races if agreements could have been made between the organisers on entry costs and they'd more than likely raced in front of one of the biggest Combe crowds of the year as easter is alway's very busy on the spectator front,i,m sure most drivers would rather be watched by a big crowd than just a few scattered around the circuit.
I think its time everybody got thier heads together
Old 22 Jan 2008, 13:02 (Ref:2111218)   #46
Steve Burns
Racer

United Kingdom
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Steve Burns should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree it is a shame that the National Championship will not be visiting Castle Combe on Easter Monday, especially when you consider the number of visiting drivers who will be decending on Wiltshire for JEB's Golden Helmet Trophy.

I'm sure there will be some excitingly close racing at Castle Combe to keep the Formula Ford enthusiasts entertained all day though.
Old 22 Jan 2008, 22:40 (Ref:2111592)   #47
blue nose
Veteran

Quote:
PLASTIC CAR INDEED, SIR! I will thumb my nose at you the next time we meet and challenge you to pistols at dawn. You, Blunt Noise, are an irrepressible CAD! I hope any gentleman will keep his daughters a safe distance from any of your like.....
Look here Clegg if you can not sell your mono posto, just give it away ...and buy a proper meccano one.

Dont forget to bring Tony as Diz needs all his old jokes......Oh the blue cheese and other refreshments would be nice.
Old 27 Jan 2008, 00:37 (Ref:2114419)   #48
Ian Sowman
Veteran

My decision has been made. Combe on Easter Monday it is!
Old 28 Jan 2008, 13:36 (Ref:2115512)   #49
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
My decision has been made. Combe on Easter Monday it is!
If you go on a wander Ian come have a chat with the quarry hardcore
Old 29 Jan 2008, 21:50 (Ref:2116596)   #50
JohnMiller
Veteran

Heard clarification that the National Champion must drive a post-89 car.

Pre-90 will have a separate Cup but will not score points overall.

A sensible outcome, credit where it is due - the BRSCC seem to be making a good effort with FF1600 this year.

Last edited by JohnMiller; 29 Jan 2008 at 21:56.