Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 1 Nov 2020, 14:04 (Ref:4014302)   #326
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, i really have to stop defending him.

That was bad mistake at the same time Perez again showing he deserves a better seat.
Old 1 Nov 2020, 14:24 (Ref:4014306)   #327
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He doesn't deserve to stay in F1 to be honest, and Haas look like his only options, which is a lot more fitting. That was another rookie error due to him again panicking about how his rivals 'race him so hard.' In a race where Red Bull oh so desperately needed a wingman too...

...all the while Gasly qualified 4th and was running a solid 5th before a forced DNF and Kvyat constantly harrassed Albon before a fantastic late charge to 4th and almost 3rd. Not a good look at all, a truly wasted seat, and arguably the only seat that could be truly said to be wasted this season...
Old 1 Nov 2020, 17:18 (Ref:4014345)   #328
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems Alex has a hard time sticking to one of Red Bull's sponsors slogans

Old 1 Nov 2020, 17:52 (Ref:4014350)   #329
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Albon just seemed to have let his drop. Mind you, in a way I can’t blame him too much knowing how much pressure the Red Bull driver programme can be
Old 1 Nov 2020, 18:48 (Ref:4014375)   #330
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think he'll survive Red Bull after today's performance.
Old 1 Nov 2020, 18:50 (Ref:4014376)   #331
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Can he survive the rest of this week?!?!
Old 1 Nov 2020, 19:01 (Ref:4014379)   #332
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Can he survive the rest of this week?!?!
And bring in Hülkenberg in time for Turkey in two weeks time?
Old 1 Nov 2020, 19:01 (Ref:4014380)   #333
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Albon just seemed to have let his drop. Mind you, in a way I can’t blame him too much knowing how much pressure the Red Bull driver programme can be
It's F1, not a sunday track day

of course there is pressure, especially at the topteams like Mercedes,Ferrari and Red Bull, but in every team results are what they expect.

if a football player does not perform at Manchester United, Barcelona or any other major football team they don't say: he has a hard time dealing with the pressure, but we still keep him in the starting lineup.

sure: Alex is a nice guy, but the world is full of nice guys who don't belong in a top F1 seat
Old 1 Nov 2020, 20:41 (Ref:4014393)   #334
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Would be sensible for red bull to replace him now rather than let him continue.
Old 1 Nov 2020, 20:45 (Ref:4014397)   #335
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After that, he is surely done for......
Old 2 Nov 2020, 00:04 (Ref:4014439)   #336
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well Horner said they'll try again in Turkey?

But what could change in Albon's favour there?

It's overall laptime not racecraft they they need convincing about?
Old 2 Nov 2020, 01:34 (Ref:4014444)   #337
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Obviously can’t find a replacement. It’s a shame for Albon, he’s there on merit, but it hasn’t worked out for one reason or another. Even when you have team mate like Max doing his job well, you can still can still do a reasonable job in a car that’s not the best.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 08:43 (Ref:4014481)   #338
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Even before his spin, before Gasly retired, it was looking like he was going to be last of the 4 Red Bull drivers.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 10:18 (Ref:4014500)   #339
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post

if a football player does not perform at Manchester United they don't say: he has a hard time dealing with the pressure, but we still keep him in the starting lineup.

Not sure about that.

Anyways, his head has completely gone. He is driving and acting like a man under intense pressure. It will do everyone good to make the break immediately.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 10:35 (Ref:4014507)   #340
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree. He actually needs to step (or be stepped) down for his own sake....
Old 2 Nov 2020, 10:42 (Ref:4014509)   #341
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes he isn't the first and won't be the last, I do however hope he makes a good return in Sportscars rather than heading off to Formula E.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 11:00 (Ref:4014513)   #342
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ironically, Callum Ilott, once a Red Bull driver, is now queuing with others for a berth under the Ferrari Driver Academy.

With Schumacher apparent secured at Haas, it would seem to benefit all if Ferrari were to loan Ilott to Red Bull.

Last edited by GregUK; 2 Nov 2020 at 11:25.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 11:12 (Ref:4014514)   #343
S griffin
Veteran

Callum could go anywhere in the future, I guess he thought it was more beneficial to go with Ferrari, especially when you see what has happened to Red Bull and their driver programme

I feel it would be good to see Mick Schumacher in F1 next season, he has really raised his game and would have no problem adapting. He could come in now and do a good job. Haas seems his only option now and yes I can see Callum going to Red Bull. Especially as they can’t find anyone better atm
Old 2 Nov 2020, 11:40 (Ref:4014520)   #344
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Callum could go anywhere in the future, I guess he thought it was more beneficial to go with Ferrari
Red Bull dropped him and, after a gap, they chose to take their funding to Ferrari.

You pay for it, in the hope that you can use the affiliation to bring sponsorship. That’s generally how it works.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 11:48 (Ref:4014521)   #345
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like Alex Albon, but I'm afraid the time has come. After Kvyat and Gasly, I get the impression Red Bull are trying to be a bit more patient with Alex, but he really isn't helping his case. I think RB will keep him for the rest of the season and then he will be gone. No demotion to Alphatauri, just gone.

The Red Bull progression from junior teams, to Alphatauri, to Red Bull is changing. I think it is highly likely they will import an experienced driver from outside the "family". Nico Hulkenberg and Sergio Perez are the obvious choices.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 11:55 (Ref:4014524)   #346
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I like Alex Albon, but I'm afraid the time has come. After Kvyat and Gasly, I get the impression Red Bull are trying to be a bit more patient with Alex, but he really isn't helping his case. I think RB will keep him for the rest of the season and then he will be gone. No demotion to Alphatauri, just gone.

The Red Bull progression from junior teams, to Alphatauri, to Red Bull is changing. I think it is highly likely they will import an experienced driver from outside the "family". Nico Hulkenberg and Sergio Perez are the obvious choices.
You do raise that good point that others have also raised though - after Kvyat and Gasly they are trying to be more patient. But if all they're doing is adding patience and the result is the same when what else is going on at Red Bull?

I know it's fine to say Vettel, Ricciardo and Max turned out well, but still seems like a terrible success rate really? And even Vettel, the only driver to win titles with them, jumped ship when he smelt he was becoming number 2. We all put it down to Danny being better than Vettel, but then Danny did the exact same thing - felt the winds change and moved on.

So yeah sure Kvyat, Gasly and Albon have all failed in that #2 position. But Vettel and Danny also jumped out of that seat as quickly as they could. Why?

The real shock will come is if they put someone else in that seat and they give Max a run for his money. I'm willing to bet Christian ADHD Horner will forget to text Max goodnight every night after that and he'll have a new favourite.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 12:19 (Ref:4014528)   #347
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel did seem to jump at a chance to drive for Ferrari though, whereas Ricciardo's exit was more shocking.

Surely after yesterday the question is whether Albon can stay in F1 as opposed to simply stay at Red Bull...?
Old 2 Nov 2020, 12:21 (Ref:4014529)   #348
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
You do raise that good point that others have also raised though - after Kvyat and Gasly they are trying to be more patient. But if all they're doing is adding patience and the result is the same when what else is going on at Red Bull?

I know it's fine to say Vettel, Ricciardo and Max turned out well, but still seems like a terrible success rate really? And even Vettel, the only driver to win titles with them, jumped ship when he smelt he was becoming number 2. We all put it down to Danny being better than Vettel, but then Danny did the exact same thing - felt the winds change and moved on.

So yeah sure Kvyat, Gasly and Albon have all failed in that #2 position. But Vettel and Danny also jumped out of that seat as quickly as they could. Why?

The real shock will come is if they put someone else in that seat and they give Max a run for his money. I'm willing to bet Christian ADHD Horner will forget to text Max goodnight every night after that and he'll have a new favourite.
More than any other team, you're either a part of the "in crowd" or not at Red Bull. Not just the drivers. Look at the way they threw a snide comment at Renault every chance they could, with no regard for the powerplant that gave them four world championships. Honda have been cut much more slack when their lump has let the team down.

At the moment, I think Alex Albon is the exception to that rule because RB can see that they look too mercenary in the eyes of the public, so they want to appear more supportive. (And probably they can't see an alternative that would be better for the remainder of the season.)
Old 2 Nov 2020, 12:47 (Ref:4014537)   #349
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

I just wonder how much of this is down to Helmut Marko, rather than Christian Horner.

Though written back in 2017, this is an interesting article on Helmut Marko and it gives a good insight into his role at RBR. He clearly has as much clout as Horner and possibly more, considering how close he is to Dietrich Mateschitz. This coupled with his blunt approach, might very well explain why RBR are where they are as an F1 team.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/form...ough-customer/
Old 2 Nov 2020, 21:27 (Ref:4014623)   #350
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:

I think you got timelines confused

Vettel drove for Red Bull from 2009 until the end 2014

Vettel left after beeing beaten by Ricciardo who drove for the team from 2014 until 2018

Kvyat replaced Vettel for the 2015 season but was replaced after 4 races of the 2016 season by Max Verstappen.

So Ricciardo beat Vettel beeing in that second car and Max did not have any problems beeing in the second car to Ricciardo, or do you really think he already was the favorite when he replaced Kvyat?

I think Albon is overrated, look at what he won in junior series and there are drivers in F1 who have won more races in 1 junior season than Albon al all seasons, he won just 9 races, just one in 3 seasons of Formula Renault(in a total of 68 races), no wins in his season in European F3(33 races), 4 wins in GP3(18 races) and 4 wins in 2 seasons of F2 (44 races)

so that's 9 wins in 163 races

Last edited by steve nielsen; 2 Nov 2020 at 21:34.
Closed Thread