Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Aug 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2524432)   #51
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I should also mention that any Brian Vickers rumors have been dispelled.

He finally resigned to TRB.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 20:30 (Ref:2524610)   #52
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I don't feel like bringing that up again.
Allright then, seeing as you have a U.S. flag under your name, Americans don't call other Americans "Yankees" unless it's a southerner (usually) describing a northeasterner (usually) and it's purely meant in a regional context. If you're talking about Americans in general the only people that use the word in that sense are non-Americans. You rarely if ever see Brits calling fellow Brits "poms" or Aussies calling fellow Aussies "crooks" for example.

So Southern Yankee means to me a Yankee that moved down South and stayed, which are normally called "damn Yankees".
Old 19 Aug 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2524616)   #53
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
he is but he deserves a GOOD full time seat over a handful of other full timers.
hope he gets one.
Well he wants to stay with Chevy, but the inn is full with so many full-time Chevy teams.

There's nowhere for him at Hendrick unless Hendrick wants to put him in Martin's car if Martin does retire for good at the end of this year. I suppose Junior could bring his team from Nationwide up and get the same deal that Stewart got as far as being a satellite and there would be an opening somewhere in the aftermath of that. Some of the drivers at Childress have been worthless this year (sayonara Casey Mears) so he may catch a ride there. Truex is leaving EGR although I'd imagine Keselowski would want a better ride and not be exposed by Montoya like Truex has been.

And that's really all you got for Chevy in Cup where they're decent rides. Amazing how consolidated the top teams for a make have become if you want to stay true to one car manufacturer.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2524627)   #54
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan View Post
Well he wants to stay with Chevy, but the inn is full with so many full-time Chevy teams.

There's nowhere for him at Hendrick unless Hendrick wants to put him in Martin's car if Martin does retire for good at the end of this year. I suppose Junior could bring his team from Nationwide up and get the same deal that Stewart got as far as being a satellite and there would be an opening somewhere in the aftermath of that. Some of the drivers at Childress have been worthless this year (sayonara Casey Mears) so he may catch a ride there. Truex is leaving EGR although I'd imagine Keselowski would want a better ride and not be exposed by Montoya like Truex has been.

And that's really all you got for Chevy in Cup where they're decent rides. Amazing how consolidated the top teams for a make have become if you want to stay true to one car manufacturer.
i thought those days were behind us when AwesomeBill started driving a Dodge for Ray.
As a Chevy man, I commend Brad sticking to his guns but come on; "holding out" just so he can drive a Bowtie?!
I'd drive for Renault if it meant I could drive in the cup series. maybe that is why he was seen talking to the Captian.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2524951)   #55
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Allright then, seeing as you have a U.S. flag under your name, Americans don't call other Americans "Yankees" unless it's a southerner (usually) describing a northeasterner (usually) and it's purely meant in a regional context. If you're talking about Americans in general the only people that use the word in that sense are non-Americans. You rarely if ever see Brits calling fellow Brits "poms" or Aussies calling fellow Aussies "crooks" for example.

So Southern Yankee means to me a Yankee that moved down South and stayed, which are normally called "damn Yankees".

Wow, I've been a Yankee this whole time.....

With the poms and crooks thing, you've given me something to use the next time an USA vs. UK flame war erupts again
Old 20 Aug 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2524955)   #56
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:

All I can say is that JRM to cup has been all but ruled out, and a 3rd SHR car is not happening, at least until possibly part time next year maybe.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2525068)   #57
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Quote:
With the poms and crooks thing, you've given me something to use the next time an USA vs. UK flame war erupts again
Crooks is my favorite, I listen to a Kiwi rugby commentator that does alternative rugby commentaries in bars for New Zealand rugby union games, broadcasts it over the internet, and is very partisan to New Zealand, incredibly awesome and very politically incorrect. Australia being New Zealand's rival, he has lots of nicknames for the Aussies, but crooks, crims, and criminals predominate. Here are some Youtube videos he's done describing rugby and upcoming events at the time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3O9A...ynext_from=SPL
Old 20 Aug 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2525221)   #58
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
I wonder what names he has for "the Americans"...
Old 21 Aug 2009, 17:25 (Ref:2525662)   #59
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
2 thing for this weekend...

Looks like Red Bull will stay with Toyota. Also, Regan Smith and Furniture Row will run the full sked next year.

Germain is another potential Full Time team.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 00:47 (Ref:2525822)   #60
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/head...ske/index.html

Doesn't look like Hendrick could find him that ride he wanted.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 09:01 (Ref:2525978)   #61
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news for Keselowski - think its time he moved up to Cup full-time...
Old 24 Aug 2009, 19:37 (Ref:2527473)   #62
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Quote:
I wonder what names he has for "the Americans"...
We don't have one, we suck in rugby.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2528429)   #63
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Do we even have a team?
Old 29 Aug 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2530429)   #64
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Toyota haters breathe easy!!!!

RPM is not going to Toyota it seems.
Old 29 Aug 2009, 13:59 (Ref:2530441)   #65
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Toyota haters breathe easy!!!!

RPM is not going to Toyota it seems.
They used the Toyota photoshoot to put Dodge under pressure?
Old 1 Sep 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2532437)   #66
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Most likely.

I keep hearing that the #44 will shut down, with AJ going to the #19 or #43 and that Furniture Row racing (78) will buy Owners Points from this team.

More importantly, Jayski brings us some interesting news.

Darnell replacing Bobby Labonte for 7 races: UPDATE 2: Yates Racing, announced that former NASCAR Camping World Series Rookie-ofthe-Year and current NASCAR Nationwide Series driver, Erik Darnell will be behind the wheel of the #96 entry in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for seven races this season. Darnell will make his Sprint Cup Series debut Labor Day weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway in the #96 Academy Sports & Outdoors Ford Fusion. He also is slated to pilot the #96 at Loudon, Kansas, Talladega, Texas, Phoenix and Homestead. Darnell will carry the familiar colors of Northern Tool + Equipment for the Loudon and Kansas races. Academy Sports & Outdoors will be Darnell's primary sponsor at Atlanta, Talladega and Texas. Bobby Labonte will continue to race the#96 Ford under the Hall of Fame Racing banner with Ask.com and DLP as his primary sponsors at Richmond, Dover, Fontana, Charlotte and Martinsville. "This is a move that will be beneficial to Yates Racing surviving this difficult economic time," said Bobby Labonte. "Of course, I'm disappointed that the sponsorship environment is so challenging right now, but I intend to make the most out of the remaining races that I'm behind the wheel for Ask.com, DLP and Hall of Fame Racing."(Yates Racing PR)(8-31-2009)
UPDATE: Hall of Fame Racing would like to keep Bobby Labonte as its NASCAR Sprint Cup driver and likely will not be affiliated with Yates Racing next year, team co-owner Tom Garfinkel said Monday. The organization signed Ask.com as a sponsor and Bobby Labonte as a driver in January for the 2009 season and then landed a deal with Yates Racing for Yates to field the cars. Seven of the final 12 races were unsponsored, and Yates Racing has opted to put Erik Darnell in the #96 Sprint Cup car instead of Labonte. Garfinkel, in a phone interview, said his organization is still in discussions with Ask.com for next season but doesn't anticipate the Yates Racing relationship to continue. The organization is looking for other teams to partner with and is in discussions with other sponsors as well, Garfinkel said.(SceneDaily)(8-31-2009)
UPDATE: Bobby Labonte has started 568 consecutive races, a streak that begun at Daytona in February of 1993 when he drove the #22 Maxwell House Ford for Bill Davis. He is second on the all time consecutive start list to #24-Jeff Gordon, who has started 569 straight races.(9-1-2009)
Old 1 Sep 2009, 12:15 (Ref:2532440)   #67
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Also,

Harvick returning to the #29 in 2010: Kevin Harvick will drive Richard Childress Racing's #29 Shell-Pennzoil Chevy in 2010 for his 10th season in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series despite rumors to the contrary. "Rumors about Kevin not driving for RCR next season have been flying around the garage area and in the media," said Richard Childress, president and CEO of Richard Childress Racing. "We want to put the rumors behind us by stating together that Kevin will drive RCR's #29 Shell-Pennzoil Chevy for the 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season. RCR continues to work on the overall performance of the No. 29 team, like we are with all of our teams, and the plan is to end the season on a high note. Kevin and the No. 29 team are also preparing for next season with the goal of making a run at the 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship."(RCR PR)(8-31-2009)
Old 1 Sep 2009, 12:29 (Ref:2532446)   #68
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RCR needs to get their act together. when was their last win? Daytona 500 2 years ago? and before that, was a while too. they have two really good drivers and have been horrid for the 50 some races.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2532536)   #69
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Keselowski's Penske move confirmed

Shame about Stremme. Guess he's just mediocre. But Brad is hot property right now
Old 1 Sep 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2532557)   #70
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, Stremme has been disappointing. Good to see Keselowski in there, he is an enormous talent and has been simply astonishing in his few Cup races.
Old 1 Sep 2009, 15:57 (Ref:2532561)   #71
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
RCR needs to get their act together. when was their last win? Daytona 500 2 years ago? and before that, was a while too. they have two really good drivers and have been horrid for the 50 some races.
Think the last win would be Bowyer at Richmond(?) last season. But Harvick himself hasn't won since Daytona 2007. That's an absolute age and baffling!
Old 1 Sep 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2532757)   #72
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Brad is a great talent and i think he will do as well as the Penske cars can do. like RCR, Penske has been somewhat of a let down lately. Kurt still has what it takes and Stemme's no slouch himself...Sam H. hasn't done too bad there either. what's his contract like?

forgot the 07 was an RCR car.
best lookin car in the show
Old 1 Sep 2009, 22:06 (Ref:2532800)   #73
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:

RCR's last win was with Jeff Burton at the Chase's Charlotte race.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 01:27 (Ref:2532858)   #74
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
regardless, RCR's best efforts with some good drivers has only yielded an 18th position in the points. pretty damn weak.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 23:34 (Ref:2533467)   #75
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I guess they heard me; RCR is rearranging their people.
Jeff Burton loses crew chief to director of competition.
read more HERE

glad to see them trying something.