Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Jul 2022, 23:20 (Ref:4119759)   #3276
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not surprised there, once again completely amateurish in their approach. I don’t know why anyone would take Rich Energy on as a sponsor
Old 18 Jul 2022, 00:41 (Ref:4119762)   #3277
TuteZaek
Racer

TuteZaek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How they can sponsor so many things without a product or any sense of professionalism for that matter is a mistery to me.
Even the link on the above tweet goes to a "site under construction" splash with a contact form, for a brand on their position that's a big no no

Where the money comes from? Is there any money?
Old 18 Jul 2022, 09:04 (Ref:4119783)   #3278
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Because they only care about publicity rather than pleasing their customers. They are a complete shambles and it amazes me how they are still able to keep the company going, they seem no more than a bunch of opportunistic chancers with no idea how to run a business.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go under soon
Old 18 Jul 2022, 09:28 (Ref:4119784)   #3279
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...hB6xoAZbcDbr_g

A falling out with the BSB team? Or financial issues and BTC Racing relationship in jeopardy? The latest farcical going on with Rich Energy and motorsports sponsorship.
Or - the majority of people commenting / responding no little about the actual financial agreement between the sponsor and team(s), and the truth could be something entirely different altogether.

Rich Energy's relationship with F1 was one of many deals they have been involved with in the past. That particular deal did not go well - but they have also been successful with their backing of teams / individuals in a number of other sports with no issues at all.

Of course we focus on the highest profile deal, but forget the other circa. 25 sponsorship deals in sport.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 10:02 (Ref:4119787)   #3280
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Or - the majority of people commenting / responding no little about the actual financial agreement between the sponsor and team(s), and the truth could be something entirely different altogether.

Rich Energy's relationship with F1 was one of many deals they have been involved with in the past. That particular deal did not go well - but they have also been successful with their backing of teams / individuals in a number of other sports with no issues at all.

Of course we focus on the highest profile deal, but forget the other circa. 25 sponsorship deals in sport.
Exactly so crm, but I am curious about where their money comes from. The product that they are promoting doesn't appear to be freely available (if at all), so I also question the value to them of their many 'sponsorships' too...
Old 18 Jul 2022, 10:12 (Ref:4119788)   #3281
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Exactly so crm, but I am curious about where their money comes from. The product that they are promoting doesn't appear to be freely available (if at all), so I also question the value to them of their many 'sponsorships' too...
Absolutely - there is no issue with having curiosity over the validity of any deal. However, there are sometimes perfectly valid reasons why the parties in a sponsorship may not want all of the details to be in the public domain.

With regards to the availability of the product - yes, it does not seem to be common on store shelves. But, it is available if you know where to look.

Mail Order is the best option for the casual retail market - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rich-Energy.../dp/B08FF8XCJR

It is also available in many bars and clubs where they have a distribution deal through a wholesale route.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 14:49 (Ref:4119817)   #3282
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
maybe some money laundering scheme
Old 18 Jul 2022, 14:51 (Ref:4119818)   #3283
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Not necessarily anything as sinister as that but it wouldn't be the first time that 'ghost sponsorship' has been used to hide where the money is really coming from.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 15:07 (Ref:4119820)   #3284
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

Money laundering is the object of washing dirty money gained from nefarious means; using it for sponsorship wouldn't achieve that as once you hand over the money, you don't get it back so it doesn't serve that purpose. And yes, I appreciate that all those sponsorship contracts contain clauses that allow for the return of monies under certain circumstances, but I very much doubt that they would apply in these cases.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 18:41 (Ref:4119837)   #3285
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Rich Energy is just the product name, Rich Energy as a company no longer exists. The name changed to Lighting Volt Ltd, shortly before a notice of insolvency was issued.

Company behind it now is called Rich Distribution Ltd. Director of that company is Stephen Dudman, who also happens to be director of BTC Racing.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 19:02 (Ref:4119841)   #3286
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Rich Energy is just the product name, Rich Energy as a company no longer exists. The name changed to Lighting Volt Ltd, shortly before a notice of insolvency was issued.

Company behind it now is called Rich Distribution Ltd. Director of that company is Stephen Dudman, who also happens to be director of BTC Racing.
That’s very interesting is that, a whole new angle on this whole matter.

BTC cars in previous seasons were oddly devoid of sponsors weren’t they. Lots of Steve Dudman’s money funding things perhaps? Would possibly explain why Jade, who struggled raising Clio budget, is into year 2 of a BTCC season.
Old 18 Jul 2022, 19:54 (Ref:4119843)   #3287
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
That’s very interesting is that, a whole new angle on this whole matter.

BTC cars in previous seasons were oddly devoid of sponsors weren’t they. Lots of Steve Dudman’s money funding things perhaps? Would possibly explain why Jade, who struggled raising Clio budget, is into year 2 of a BTCC season.
One of their sponsors last year, Roksoba is a company related to him too.
Old 19 Jul 2022, 07:29 (Ref:4119864)   #3288
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Weren't OMG (Racing) the distributor for RE, so presumably SD will now take this role and promote via his own team , as OMG did. So, as we suspected there probably wasn't actual sponsorship money from RE, for BTC.
Old 20 Jul 2022, 15:50 (Ref:4119947)   #3289
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
https://twitter.com/OMGRacingUK/stat...5UJ0imigQ&s=19
Old 20 Jul 2022, 15:50 (Ref:4119948)   #3290
TuteZaek
Racer

So... What happened?
Old 20 Jul 2022, 16:16 (Ref:4119950)   #3291
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.autosport.com/tt/news/th...ship/10340653/ might help explain... or not! BTC's deal is apparently direct with the bearded one.
Old 20 Jul 2022, 16:26 (Ref:4119951)   #3292
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos View Post
BTC's deal is apparently direct with the bearded one.
I suspect BTC's deal doesn't involve any actual cash payment, but Dudman acting as distributor under the Rich Distribution name. Although how that fits in with RichOMG being the global distributor is anyone's guess.
Old 20 Jul 2022, 17:17 (Ref:4119954)   #3293
TuteZaek
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos View Post
https://www.autosport.com/tt/news/th...ship/10340653/ might help explain... or not! BTC's deal is apparently direct with the bearded one.

So a Team Lotus/Lotus Cars situation but with a shity IP instead
Old 21 Jul 2022, 07:20 (Ref:4120006)   #3294
S griffin
Veteran

It seems even having Rich Energy on the car is no guarantee of there being any proper sponsorship
Old 21 Jul 2022, 09:13 (Ref:4120012)   #3295
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It seems even having Rich Energy on the car is no guarantee of there being any proper sponsorship
I guess that depends on what you mean by 'proper sponsorship'?

A lot of sponsorship deals have no exchange of funds between the sponsor and sponsored parties.

Rich Energy on a car simply means that someone with the rights to use the brand name has agreed a deal with the team to have the brand on the car. The specifics behind that deal can be very varied.

Compared to other 'sponsorships':

Team BMW has little to do with BMW Munich.
Silverline Subaru BMR Racing was not sponsored by Subaru.

It seems that the BTC deal is very similar to the Power Maxed Deal - in that the owner of the team also has rights as a distributor of the brand that is on the car.
Old 21 Jul 2022, 11:12 (Ref:4120019)   #3296
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I guess that depends on what you mean by 'proper sponsorship'?

A lot of sponsorship deals have no exchange of funds between the sponsor and sponsored parties.

Rich Energy on a car simply means that someone with the rights to use the brand name has agreed a deal with the team to have the brand on the car. The specifics behind that deal can be very varied.

Compared to other 'sponsorships':

Team BMW has little to do with BMW Munich.
Silverline Subaru BMR Racing was not sponsored by Subaru.

It seems that the BTC deal is very similar to the Power Maxed Deal - in that the owner of the team also has rights as a distributor of the brand that is on the car.
I highly doubt there are 'lots' of major deals including team naming rights that have no exchange of funds. The BMW and Subaru items you mention may not have anything to do with the 'main' corporation behind the brand, but they are connected with the businesses which operate under that brand in the UK.

Rich Energy has 50% of the side space on 3 cars, first part of the team name, main branding on the grid girls, prominent logo on Plato's race suit and the hospitality unit. That lot won't be in exchange for zero financial support.
Old 21 Jul 2022, 12:05 (Ref:4120024)   #3297
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Rich Energy has 50% of the side space on 3 cars, first part of the team name, main branding on the grid girls, prominent logo on Plato's race suit and the hospitality unit. That lot won't be in exchange for zero financial support.
It's already established that the company 'sponsoring' BTC is owned by Mr Dudman, who also owns the team. Where is the 'financial support' coming from?
Old 21 Jul 2022, 12:43 (Ref:4120030)   #3298
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's already established that the company 'sponsoring' BTC is owned by Mr Dudman, who also owns the team. Where is the 'financial support' coming from?
From Dudman's other companies into BTC, forming part of Cook, Plato's & Edwards deals meaning their bills are lower. The £3-400k a year for a seat doesn't just go straight into the team owners pocket, there are a few things it needs to be spent on.
Old 21 Jul 2022, 14:01 (Ref:4120038)   #3299
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And another one... BTC even retweeted it to highlight their wonderful sponsors!

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...146233861?s=21
Old 21 Jul 2022, 14:03 (Ref:4120039)   #3300
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
And another one... BTC even retweeted it to highlight their wonderful sponsors!

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...146233861?s=21
If Mr Dudman has distribution/brand rights, it would be expected that another firm's claim to the same rights might be contested.

Thinking aloud - has Mr Storey sold 'exclusive' rights to more than one company?