Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Aug 2023, 00:38 (Ref:4174110)   #26
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Three grid spot penalty for Yuki for impeding Lewis even though Lewis said it was not why he missed out on getting into Q3. I tend to think it was a bit harsh.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...ying/10512014/

Richard
Old 27 Aug 2023, 01:13 (Ref:4174113)   #27
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Three grid spot penalty for Yuki for impeding Lewis even though Lewis said it was not why he missed out on getting into Q3. I tend to think it was a bit harsh.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...ying/10512014/

Richard
Yeah - the whole "impeding" thing should be looked at completely differently IMHO when there is a damp track with one dry line. Any driver going off line is clearly going to risk their own competitiveness and potentially compromise their own fast lap as it changes tyre grip and tyre temp - as Yuki was prepping for his fast lap & in the last couple of corners, I can understand why he didn't move off the dry line.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 08:09 (Ref:4174126)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Ive never seen anything like Verstappen. The kid is a level above anyone in history. The guy is unbeatable.
Yep, in that car, he clearly is. I’d love to see him and Lando swap…..
Old 27 Aug 2023, 09:30 (Ref:4174134)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yep, in that car, he clearly is. I’d love to see him and Lando swap…..
I don't know... Lando is very good but i'm still not convinced he has that extra magic ingredient that Max, Lewis or Alonso possess.

I reckon Piastri does but we won't see it for sure until next season.

Last edited by chunterer; 27 Aug 2023 at 09:46.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 13:06 (Ref:4174167)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A clean start and good start for Alonso who move up to third.

Now the rain arrives.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 13:10 (Ref:4174168)   #31
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fun fun start!
Old 27 Aug 2023, 13:14 (Ref:4174170)   #32
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max absolutely flying out there!
Old 27 Aug 2023, 13:24 (Ref:4174173)   #33
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Max was massively faster then Perez before the stop so the undercut complaint is moot imo. Faster car gets the better strategy. For myself, this is not controversial at all.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 13:29 (Ref:4174175)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FCY as Logan Sargeant goes into the barrier at Turn 8. It's not been his weekend.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 13:43 (Ref:4174179)   #35
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso doing great. Albon and Lando screwed on early race tire strategy. Odd crash for Logan as it seemed like car just didn't turn in. Too much speed into corner? Car disturbed by curb? Something break?

Richard
Old 27 Aug 2023, 13:44 (Ref:4174180)   #36
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
That Albon hasn’t stopped yet is pretty nuts!

Oscar with some killer moves!
Old 27 Aug 2023, 14:05 (Ref:4174186)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Leclerc retires. It's not been his weekend either.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 14:05 (Ref:4174187)   #38
Richard C
Veteran

Nice battle between Charles and Lawson. Charles fought the law and the law won.

Richard
Old 27 Aug 2023, 14:28 (Ref:4174189)   #39
Richard C
Veteran

Rain on the way.

Richard
Old 27 Aug 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4174190)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
The rain is back.

Edit: VSC and it's chucking it down.

Red flag
Old 27 Aug 2023, 14:48 (Ref:4174192)   #41
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was really enjoying that race until the red flag. I hope I'll be enjoying it again when they restart.

Some utterly fantastic driving up and down the grid so far.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 15:31 (Ref:4174199)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Max Verstappen on 9 consecutive wins. Great drive from Alonso to get second.
Old 27 Aug 2023, 15:40 (Ref:4174207)   #43
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bit of everything in that. Kudos to Liam Lawson on taking the checkered flag on his short notice call up in the Alpha Tauri
Old 27 Aug 2023, 20:19 (Ref:4174267)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoyable stuff. The rain makes such a difference!

Did anyone else who watched the C4 highlights see that they showed Ricciardo in the drivers table as being an Aston Martin driver.....?
Old 28 Aug 2023, 03:27 (Ref:4174308)   #45
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
FCY as Logan Sargeant goes into the barrier at Turn 8. It's not been his weekend.
Post race Williams have said his hydraulics failed and the crash wasn't his fault. I believe his power steering dropped out in the corner.

Richard
Old 28 Aug 2023, 05:46 (Ref:4174311)   #46
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Congrats to Max Verstappen on 9 consecutive wins. Great drive from Alonso to get second.

I totally agree.Anyone for tennis?
Old 28 Aug 2023, 09:37 (Ref:4174335)   #47
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The weather made the race interesting so enjoyed it, if you ignored the Max factor out the front plenty of action and not the usual pecking order at the end.
Old 28 Aug 2023, 10:20 (Ref:4174350)   #48
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The weather made the race interesting so enjoyed it, if you ignored the Max factor out the front plenty of action and not the usual pecking order at the end.
Not sure it was "the usual pecking order at the end"?

First time 'Astonso' have been on the podium for ages, Gasly drove a blinder for 3rd, Sainz drove out of his skin in that bucket of bolts to hold off the much faster Merc and Mclaren.

The conditions causing some ramdom strategies clearly played a part in shuffling the order to some degree though.
Old 28 Aug 2023, 10:39 (Ref:4174359)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Old 29 Aug 2023, 11:32 (Ref:4174488)   #50
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A race like that and we're only on page 2! Perhaps so much happened that no-one can get their thoughts in order to comment .

My own random thoughts:
  • Lawson did an amazing job to survive all the conditions and get it to 13th at the end. I bet on Thursday he never imagined he would be dicing with Charles Leclerc on Sunday.
  • Plonker of the Race award is to be shared by just about every strategist in the pitlane. What were they thinking? The rain was persisting down and drivers were being told to sit it out! Respect to the drivers though, who largely survived the conditions albeit at much reduced pace.
  • By the time he gets back from the injury Danny Ric is going to struggle to establish his position as the man to replace Perez, even though Checo gave another less than stellar performance in Zandvoort.
  • How long will it be before Fred Vasseur gets caught in the Ferrari revolving door? It wouldn't be fair of course, because it will take time to sort out all the problems there, but....
  • I've been trying to remember when the Italian scuderia last looked like a proper organised team. Of course! When they had a German driver, a French team principal, an English technical director and a South African chief designer.
  • I'm disappointed that George Russell has been slipping back during the season. The "How did we get back here?" message was not good. I would have preferred "Come on guys, let's find a way to move to the front again."
  • The current use of the red flag is so much better than the way it was done a couple of years back when we would have seen the last 10 laps run under the safety car.