Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 Oct 2003, 12:46 (Ref:759454)   #1
Pink Panther
Rookie

Pink Panther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Vote of Thanks to the Marshals

I was unlucky enough to have had the worst accident of my racing career at Brands Hatch in the K of K’s Final (pit lane entry) last Sunday. I was driving the Pink Panther, my name is Andy Powell.

I would like to thank all the Marshals, and medical team, (including doctors, paramedics and the St.Johns ambulance)

The care I received on the scene was second to none. I was in real shock and not sure if I had really damaged myself and you were all both very king and professional. Thanks for not cutting my helmet straps.

The team in the medical centre where great and my wife was grateful for the phone calls you made for me.

I know my fellow competitors are also grateful for the efforts that the marshals and the medical crews put in week in week out but it is only when you have a big one you realise how much we need you all.

I would like to thank the entire marshalling team at the FFF for professional marshalling in general.

Andy Power,
Classic Formula Ford Register
Old 22 Oct 2003, 13:01 (Ref:759483)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hi Andy,

We had full view of your accident from our post (top of Clearways) and I'm not joking when I say our hearts were in our mouths - it was a very heavy impact and we were greatly relieved when we saw you get out of the car.

Very glad to hear that you're ok now and look forward to seeing you back "in the pink" next year!

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 22 Oct 2003 at 13:01.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 13:42 (Ref:759549)   #3
spearce
Racer

spearce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pink one,
You need to take it easy for a few more days, you seem to be having trouble remembering your surname !!
Old 28 Oct 2003, 09:34 (Ref:765515)   #4
aprescott
Racer

United Kingdom
At a computer in Hampsire!!
aprescott has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm very glad you were ok, I was in the unenvyable position to be directly opposite the pit entry as so unable to cross the track to get to you and had to wait for other marshal to get to you. But as i say glad you are ok and hope to see the Pink Panther out again!!
Old 28 Oct 2003, 14:30 (Ref:765770)   #5
steve27
Rookie

steve27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to see you are ok pink....I was nearly involved in the same accident but managed to avoid you through the gravel trap.Having said that I would like to thank all the marshals.....a great bunch...helpfull to the last and seldom recognised
Old 31 Oct 2003, 11:18 (Ref:769026)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Glad to hear you are ok Andy. I've been watching you race at Brands for.....Oh, I forget, it's so long

Hopefully we will be graced with the pink car again next year.