Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 15 Feb 2004, 00:44 (Ref:874460)   #1
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BUSCH race postponed...Damn you rain!!

So, there goes my only oppertunity for a LIVE race from Daytona...thank you rain!!

For those that don't know, the race was going well, 10 or so laps down, when a mini-big one happened, knocking out about 8 cars, (including Wally Dallebach!) bringing out the yellows from which they never recovered...Dale Jr was leading though, suprise suprise....

The race will be run on Monday....great, since Motors TV can't show the race live then, so we'll have to wait until Tuesdays replay to see the entire race! (well it was obvious this was going to be rained out......the ONE race I get to see LIVE during all of speedweeks? Nah, we're only going to get to see a tenth of that!! Someone up there hates me! )

Still, best of luck for the 500 then! Hope we get 500 in this year!

Last edited by codename_47; 15 Feb 2004 at 00:45.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 01:25 (Ref:874475)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Im not impressed either , but what can you do ?

I got up at 4am to watch the race live and to have it rain annoys me but thats life , was shaping up to be an interesting race too.

So tonight is the 500 and again I will be up at 4am to watch it , but does anyone know what the weather will be like ?

is there a good chance the 500 will be washed out as well ?

or have the rain clouds dissapeared and we are ready to go racing ?

otherwise I might just stay in bed.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 03:52 (Ref:874520)   #3
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ta-Daaa!!!
http://www.intellicast.com/Sporting/NASCAR/Winston/

I ran around all morning getting all my chores done and figured I would miss the first few laps minimum. God I hate rain; at least when it comes to Oval races. Tomorrow looks iffy, lets hope the rain holds off.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 16 Feb 2004, 16:25 (Ref:875946)   #4
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well.....the 500 went rain-free, and I'm hearing the BUSCH race is underway, and in the clear...

One of the things that confuses me though is the reasons given for the rain cancellation last year...

They said coming back Monday and running the second half of the race wasn't possible, because the teams had to set out for Rockingham on the Monday..

Yet it's OK for the BUSCH guys, some of whom are Winst...errr, Nextel cup drivers anyway, and have to be racing BEFORE the NC guys anyway? :confused:
Old 16 Feb 2004, 17:33 (Ref:876001)   #5
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dale Earnhardt Jr does it again, unstoppable!!!
Old 10 Apr 2004, 12:00 (Ref:935764)   #6
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So why dont they use treaded tires for racing on in the rain?
Old 11 Apr 2004, 00:15 (Ref:936157)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
they could but seriously its on an oval , the overall lack of grip even with treaded tires is just to dangerous when running within walls.