Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Oct 2022, 08:24 (Ref:4128853)   #1
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Tobacco sponsors

Looking at the heritage racing today.

I see the JPS bmw is wearing its "full" cigarette badging (and how beautiful it is.. even if I quit years ago - that was my brand)

But previously I have seen MHDT cars and replica-tributes having to change/remove the M word, and even when they show actual footing from 70s-80s they Blur the writing.

So whats the go... can they show those naughty words or not?

PS im a ford or mopar man.. but i love that blue/silver EH
Old 6 Oct 2022, 08:34 (Ref:4128856)   #2
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Looking at the heritage racing today.

I see the JPS bmw is wearing its "full" cigarette badging (and how beautiful it is.. even if I quit years ago - that was my brand)

But previously I have seen MHDT cars and replica-tributes having to change/remove the M word, and even when they show actual footing from 70s-80s they Blur the writing.

So whats the go... can they show those naughty words or not?
TV can show the words in historical context. The blurring was never required. eg Seven's Classic Motorsport show currently airing on 7Mate does not blur the images.

However, Seven or Fox broadcasting images of the Bimmer is probably pushing the boundaries.

7Plus has a host of Bathurst highlights including the complete Bathurst films that were previously released in edited form.
Old 7 Oct 2022, 08:36 (Ref:4128980)   #3
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
few months ago At a TCR event there was a brock tribute car in support race on Stan.

Friday it had "Marlboro" saturday, the letters were altered, sunday It had a completely different word
Old 7 Oct 2022, 08:39 (Ref:4128981)   #4
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
I still dont know why Marlboro winfield JPS etc dont start selling matches, tooth pics or pencils.

Then the car could have HUGE letters "MARLBORO" and in tiny word under "pencils"
The sponsor isnt promoting tobacco its the pencil division. Even if they only sell 10 pencils per year. Collectors items!

Remember The House of Dunhill. Sold lighters fancy pens and tie clips etc to promote their "we are super prestige brand and cigarettes for the elite."
Old 7 Oct 2022, 11:44 (Ref:4128999)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I still dont know why Marlboro winfield JPS etc dont start selling matches, tooth pics or pencils.

Then the car could have HUGE letters "MARLBORO" and in tiny word under "pencils"
The sponsor isnt promoting tobacco its the pencil division. Even if they only sell 10 pencils per year. Collectors items!

Remember The House of Dunhill. Sold lighters fancy pens and tie clips etc to promote their "we are super prestige brand and cigarettes for the elite."
Sadly it’s all called out in the anti-tobacco advertising legislation, either specifically or in carve outs.

Meanwhile there appears not to be a law prohibiting the advertisement of commercial cannibis and accompanying cannabis products..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Oct 2022, 23:35 (Ref:4129081)   #6
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meanwhile there appears not to be a law prohibiting the advertisement of commercial cannibis and accompanying cannabis products..
As a lifelong hater of smoking of anything, I'm of the opinion that gambling advertising should be subject to the same sort of ban, it is far more damaging to society.

I've grown up watching tobacco advertising and was never interested.

But the way betting has its claws into the football codes now is ****.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 00:06 (Ref:4129086)   #7
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
As a lifelong hater of smoking of anything, I'm of the opinion that gambling advertising should be subject to the same sort of ban, it is far more damaging to society.

I've grown up watching tobacco advertising and was never interested.

But the way betting has its claws into the football codes now is ****.
I agree about the gambling advertising, its BS the way it has taken over
Old 8 Oct 2022, 00:20 (Ref:4129088)   #8
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mite5255 View Post
I agree about the gambling advertising, its BS the way it has taken over
all banned in South Australia now, we should all get onto our local dweebs and tell them we want it.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 06:54 (Ref:4129133)   #9
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
if you think about it there a re many problematic products

tobacco - advertising ban - governments anti smoking campaign and quit services

Alcohol - strict laws on advertising and sponsorship quit services

drink driiving - strictly policed and very active dont do it advertising

domestic violence. again dont do it ads etc and services for victims

drugs.. illegal.. policed - quit advertising and services

Gamblinging - free for all ads and sponsors, governemnt even promotes it and tells you to do it
(most lotto/lotteries are at least partly govt owned and heavily advertised) "get your pools in"
Old 8 Oct 2022, 07:17 (Ref:4129136)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
In this country, there are a lot of gambling aware adverts that tell people to gamble responsibly.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 09:47 (Ref:4129164)   #11
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Gamblinging
That (sort of) rings a bell.....
Old 8 Oct 2022, 10:08 (Ref:4129168)   #12
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
That (sort of) rings a bell.....

place your bet before the bell rings

hahahahah
Old 8 Oct 2022, 11:28 (Ref:4129176)   #13
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
In this country, there are a lot of gambling aware adverts that tell people to gamble responsibly.
It's like the worst get out ever, there are also not meant to be "promotions" of gambling but they are rampant.
Old 13 Oct 2022, 19:54 (Ref:4130154)   #14
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When only the best will do

Quote:

What brand was Mr Wagstaff flogging when only the best will do ?
Old 16 Oct 2022, 01:23 (Ref:4130466)   #15
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it Dunhill?
Old 16 Oct 2022, 05:29 (Ref:4130473)   #16
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
What brand was Mr Wagstaff flogging when only the best will do ?
Benson and Hedges was for "when only the best would do".

When only the best will do "Train" TV ad
https://youtu.be/AHo1NQ52wHo