Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Oct 2021, 19:04 (Ref:4079487)   #251
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...-touring-2023/
Old 22 Oct 2021, 22:03 (Ref:4079498)   #252
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Ok but everything I read and heard said they were coming in next season. If money has dried up, a TBL is no longer available or a car that was available suddenly isn't then fair enough but if they've just decided to wait another year because of the hybrid coming in that's a mistake as far as I'm concerned.
Don't know what you been reading or hearing, because every press release etc has always said 2023 at the earliest.
Old 23 Oct 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4079574)   #253
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’d like to see Coates get another chance in the BTCC, he’s done enough to earn it. That one off drive in the hopeless Infiniti in 2015 isn’t enough. Yes, remember when the Infinitis were the laughing stock of the field?
Old 24 Oct 2021, 07:47 (Ref:4079678)   #254
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Don't know what you been reading or hearing, because every press release etc has always said 2023 at the earliest.
I believe also they may have an option on some TBL's at the end of 2022.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 11:26 (Ref:4079695)   #255
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
A few silly season rumours brought up by Harvey and Addison today. Andy Neate's expected retirement confirmed. And then suggesting that Tom Chilton is leaving Ciceley. Hopefully he will get another drive on the grid back in FWD. I suspect Senna Proctor might take Chilton's place in that BMW, despite the strong season he's had with BTC.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4079751)   #256
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah, seems Neate’s final weekend ain’t going well. At least his son got a podium in F4.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 16:13 (Ref:4079753)   #257
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Fair enough. I don't read press releases as I'm not really that interested but I have heard on TV coverage and other forums that 2022 was the original intention.

It was just the original post was worded in a way that implied the sole reason they were not joining next year was because of hybrid. Obviously my misunderstanding.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 17:08 (Ref:4079756)   #258
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
A few silly season rumours brought up by Harvey and Addison today.... And then suggesting that Tom Chilton is leaving Ciceley. Hopefully he will get another drive on the grid back in FWD.
Speedworks Toyota or Excelr8 Hyundai ? He's already driven every other FWD car on the grid*

* ok, he hasn't driven the Hard Cupra either but even Chilton is not that desperate.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4079758)   #259
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
We need more races into the dark look so much cooler
Old 24 Oct 2021, 19:02 (Ref:4079772)   #260
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Speedworks Toyota or Excelr8 Hyundai ? He's already driven every other FWD car on the grid*

* ok, he hasn't driven the Hard Cupra either but even Chilton is not that desperate.
Motorbase is in different hands now though from when he last drove for them. Plus loosing Neate is a big cheque to replace, something the Chilton’s would have a problem with.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 20:57 (Ref:4079801)   #261
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thought the Bennetts / Turkington post race 3 interview was interesting. It seemed to confirm the intention was for Turkington to be back and Bennetts said they hoped to announce their intentions within a few weeks
Old 24 Oct 2021, 21:18 (Ref:4079818)   #262
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Thought the Bennetts / Turkington post race 3 interview was interesting. It seemed to confirm the intention was for Turkington to be back and Bennetts said they hoped to announce their intentions within a few weeks

And I think that Ash Sutton, in his interview at the end, said that he thought that he would know what he was doing next year at around Christmas time.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 21:45 (Ref:4079824)   #263
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Motorbase is in different hands now though from when he last drove for them. Plus loosing Neate is a big cheque to replace, something the Chilton’s would have a problem with.
Peter Osborne never needed Neate or his cheques this year, but Neate had a contract to honour or pay up to be released from.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 21:47 (Ref:4079825)   #264
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
they really need someone like Jordan in their driver lineup, Jelley and Oliphant just don't cut it/ have too much bad luck
Old 25 Oct 2021, 06:46 (Ref:4079857)   #265
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be good to see someone quicker than Smiley in the 2nd Hyundai - someone that can help push TIngram that extra 1/10th forward to finally win a championship.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4079861)   #266
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
they really need someone like Jordan in their driver lineup, Jelley and Oliphant just don't cut it/ have too much bad luck
For what purpose - do you think someone like Jordan would help Turkington take a title?

Personally - I think someone like Jordan alongside Turkington would potentially harm his chances, and take points away from him.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4079862)   #267
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
It would be good to see someone quicker than Smiley in the 2nd Hyundai - someone that can help push TIngram that extra 1/10th forward to finally win a championship.
Well if Bert Taylor sorts out his new team, then Smiley will go there.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 08:30 (Ref:4079872)   #268
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the biggest question for 22 is can ash go where only 2 men have gone before (bill mcgovern and win percy) and take 3 titles in a row.....
Old 25 Oct 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4079874)   #269
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
the biggest question for 22 is can ash go where only 2 men have gone before (bill mcgovern and win percy) and take 3 titles in a row.....
Andy Rouse as well, 1983-85 (unless this is you saying Soper deserved the 1983 championship). I think Sutton has to be the favourite for next year, wherever he goes, seeing as BMR were able to turn the Infiniti into a title winner immediately. But assuming they both stay at their respective teams, I think Tom Ingram and Colin Turkington will be more of a threat to Sutton in 2022, while I also think Shedden will be back in the title battle, but maybe a bit further off.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4079875)   #270
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

You never know, Goff scored 90 points to Chiltons 64 so it could be a good move for Tom...
Old 25 Oct 2021, 08:42 (Ref:4079876)   #271
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Not Parfitt or Butel?
Old 25 Oct 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4079884)   #272
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I think Sutton has to be the favourite for next year, wherever he goes, seeing as BMR were able to turn the Infiniti into a title winner immediately.
I agree with the thought that Sutton must be favourite - although that very much depends on what machinery he/BMR can get their hands on.
Remember that technically, BMR didn't turn the Infiniti into a title winner as much as they designed a new car based on the Infiniti that Laser Tools already had.
So if Sutton is not in an Infiniti, then BMR's best chance seems to be a new design rather than an existing NGTC package.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4079890)   #273
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Sutton is in a RWD car next season then he will start as favourite.

The Hybrid spanner in the works will be the biggest threat to him, along with a potential shake-up to boost levels if he is in a new car.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 11:16 (Ref:4079902)   #274
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ash's key this year has been consistent points scoring. 1 DNF and 2 other finishes outside the top 10. A new car could bring teething issues, which would be the biggest risk IMO.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4079944)   #275
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
For what purpose - do you think someone like Jordan would help Turkington take a title?

Personally - I think someone like Jordan alongside Turkington would potentially harm his chances, and take points away from him.
someone like Jordan would push Turks on and help develop the car better

besides who doesn't like some good old fashion in-team rivalry for top dog spot