Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Oct 2021, 09:04 (Ref:4077976)   #101
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Well it appears it's not only Laser Tools where not all is rosey. Expect to see a bit more shuffling of 'combined teams' and partnerships over the winter. Add in the fact of who owns some of the TBL's, may well mix it a bit more.
How many combined teams are there on the grid, my brains not working today
Old 11 Oct 2021, 09:11 (Ref:4077982)   #102
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
MB + Motorbase
Excelr8 + Trade Price Cars
Team HARD + Laser Tools
Old 11 Oct 2021, 09:12 (Ref:4077983)   #103
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think most would consider it as two:
- HARD. / BMR / Laser
- Motorbase / MB Sport

Excelr8 and BTC are officially entered as split teams (Ginsters / TradePrice and BTC / PHSC).
Old 11 Oct 2021, 10:06 (Ref:4077997)   #104
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think most would consider it as two:
- HARD. / BMR / Laser
- Motorbase / MB Sport

Excelr8 and BTC are officially entered as split teams (Ginsters / TradePrice and BTC / PHSC).
I didn’t even class Motorbase/ MB as two teams from what I understood it’s all owned by Motorbase and MB was just a naming tie up
Old 11 Oct 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4078000)   #105
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I didn’t even class Motorbase/ MB as two teams from what I understood it’s all owned by Motorbase and MB was just a naming tie up
I know what you mean. Some see them as one 4-car team (which is how they operate), but others see them as being the successors of Motorbase (Wera & Photon Group) and Amd (MB Motorsport) respectively.

I guess another way to look at it is who holds TBLS, and how that differs from the observed cars on the grid:

BMR Racing-1
Boardley Motorsport-2
Aiden Moffat Racing -1
Team HARD-3

Trade Price Cars Racing-2
Excelr8 Motorsport-2
Old 11 Oct 2021, 11:01 (Ref:4078004)   #106
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was there anything confirmed about the alleged altercation at PMR involving Plato and Weaver?
Old 11 Oct 2021, 13:07 (Ref:4078017)   #107
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rick Parfitt Jr talking on Facebook as "I have fulfilled a dream to be in the BTCC" and "now I need to complete the mission" so may not be back next term.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 13:13 (Ref:4078018)   #108
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I guess another way to look at it is who holds TBLS, and how that differs from the observed cars on the grid:

BMR Racing-1
Boardley Motorsport-2
Aiden Moffat Racing -1
Team HARD-3

Trade Price Cars Racing-2
Excelr8 Motorsport-2

Out of interest, who is using the second Boardley TBL?
Old 11 Oct 2021, 13:31 (Ref:4078023)   #109
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Out of interest, who is using the second Boardley TBL?
Team HARD for the 4th Cupra I think from what I can remember
Old 11 Oct 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4078030)   #110
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Rick Parfitt Jr talking on Facebook as "I have fulfilled a dream to be in the BTCC" and "now I need to complete the mission" so may not be back next term.
I won't miss him if that's the case. Pretty much a wasted seat this Hyundai.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 14:07 (Ref:4078032)   #111
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Whilst it may not be seen on track, he's worked out well for the team overall. I was expecting a little more from him on track, but the BTCC is hugely different to anything he's ever done before and is notoriously hard for drivers who do not have the background in similar series'.

Excelr8 have developed well this season with a strong number 1 and decent number 2 driver. I think the other two were always expected to be amongst those bringing up the rear.

I've just been looking at the full standings for the season, which is quite interesting as I've not really looked beyond the top 10 as shown on ITV4s coverage.

1 Ash SUTTON 316
2 Colin TURKINGTON 284
3 Tom INGRAM 278
4 Jake HILL 278
5 Josh COOK 271
6 Rory BUTCHER 250
7 Aiden MOFFAT 231
8 Gordon SHEDDEN 222
9 Senna PROCTOR 211
10 Dan ROWBOTTOM 182
11 Stephen JELLEY 166
12 Adam MORGAN 159
13 Dan LLOYD 157
14 Jason PLATO 150
15 Chris SMILEY 133
16 Tom OLIPHANT 123
17 Jack GOFF 77
18 Ollie JACKSON 66
19 Tom CHILTON 39
20 Aron TAYLOR-SMITH 31
21 Dan CAMMISH 30
22 Carl BOARDLEY 28
23 Sam OSBORNE 14
24 Jack BUTEL 4
25 Sam SMELT 2
26 Jade EDWARDS 1
27 Jack MITCHELL 0
28 Paul RIVETT 0
29 Jessica HAWKINS 0
30 Nicolas HAMILTON 0
31 Nick HALSTEAD 0
32 Andy NEATE 0
33 Rick PARFITT 0
34 Glynn GEDDIE 0
Old 11 Oct 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4078049)   #112
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Agreed, really disappointing. Sorted himself out from silly mistakes at the start of the season at least.

Smiley's been quick all season, would be great for him to get a podium at Brands. Excelr8 in general have been such a great addition to the BTCC, you wouldn't think a couple years ago they were running round in 25th with a couple MGs. Would be nice to see another fresh team next year.

Last edited by Evantra; 11 Oct 2021 at 16:30.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4078054)   #113
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
Team HARD for the 4th Cupra I think from what I can remember
Which has been a disaster of a project. Would be better off concentrating on just Aron and Goff next year, sell a couple TBLs to fund some decent development on the car. Can't believe both are in multi-year contracts. I know he's had a part-season but I expected Mitchell to be a little closer to them by now. We all know my thoughts on Hamilton...!
Old 11 Oct 2021, 16:40 (Ref:4078058)   #114
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprmke View Post
Whilst it may not be seen on track, he's worked out well for the team overall. I was expecting a little more from him on track, but the BTCC is hugely different to anything he's ever done before and is notoriously hard for drivers who do not have the background in similar series'.

Excelr8 have developed well this season with a strong number 1 and decent number 2 driver. I think the other two were always expected to be amongst those bringing up the rear.

I've just been looking at the full standings for the season, which is quite interesting as I've not really looked beyond the top 10 as shown on ITV4s coverage.

1 Ash SUTTON 316
2 Colin TURKINGTON 284
3 Tom INGRAM 278
4 Jake HILL 278
5 Josh COOK 271
6 Rory BUTCHER 250
7 Aiden MOFFAT 231
8 Gordon SHEDDEN 222
9 Senna PROCTOR 211
10 Dan ROWBOTTOM 182
11 Stephen JELLEY 166
12 Adam MORGAN 159
13 Dan LLOYD 157
14 Jason PLATO 150
15 Chris SMILEY 133
16 Tom OLIPHANT 123
17 Jack GOFF 77
18 Ollie JACKSON 66
19 Tom CHILTON 39
20 Aron TAYLOR-SMITH 31
21 Dan CAMMISH 30
22 Carl BOARDLEY 28
23 Sam OSBORNE 14
24 Jack BUTEL 4
25 Sam SMELT 2
26 Jade EDWARDS 1
27 Jack MITCHELL 0
28 Paul RIVETT 0
29 Jessica HAWKINS 0
30 Nicolas HAMILTON 0
31 Nick HALSTEAD 0
32 Andy NEATE 0
33 Rick PARFITT 0
34 Glynn GEDDIE 0
There is also the Jack Sears results, which I think gives a better reflection of how well the lower drivers have performed:

1 Dan ROWBOTTOM 476
2 Sam OSBORNE 379
3 Carl BOARDLEY 335
4 Jack BUTEL 315
5 Sam SMELT 266
6 Jade EDWARDS 226
7 Rick PARFITT 223
8 Nicolas HAMILTON 177
9 Jack MITCHELL 145
10 Andy NEATE 112
11 Paul RIVETT 47
12 Glynn GEDDIE 47
13 Jessica HAWKINS 36
14 Nick HALSTEAD 25
Old 11 Oct 2021, 16:43 (Ref:4078061)   #115
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Which has been a disaster of a project. Would be better off concentrating on just Aron and Goff next year, sell a couple TBLs to fund some decent development on the car. Can't believe both are in multi-year contracts. I know he's had a part-season but I expected Mitchell to be a little closer to them by now. We all know my thoughts on Hamilton...!
It had been suggested that Glynn Geddie’s car still had some issues related to the huge crash at Thruxton after he returned at Snetterton and Brands. Possibly Mitchell too is still feeling the effects of the crash, but you’d have thought it would be fully repaired by now, unless there are some mysterious problems like Plato’s Subaru had in 2017-18 (alledgedly).
Old 11 Oct 2021, 16:44 (Ref:4078062)   #116
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Would be better off concentrating on just Aron and Goff next year, sell a couple TBLs to fund some decent development on the car.
Cars 3&4 are helping fund the efforts of ATS and JG.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4078065)   #117
mprmke
Racer

Quote:
Cars 3&4 are helping fund the efforts of ATS and JG.
Exactly!

Team HARD would really struggle to get on the grid without Hamilton in particular…
Old 11 Oct 2021, 17:11 (Ref:4078068)   #118
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm also among those disappointed with Mitchell. I really hoped it's kind of young talented guy who can be BTCC's future star of some sort.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 19:39 (Ref:4078092)   #119
BTCC frog
Veteran

I am going to predict Tom Chilton to WSR. He has had an awful season this year but considering the similar struggles of Rowbottom and Oliphant in the second Ciceley car, I doubt that is down to him. That second Ciceley BMW is probably quite an undesirable one, but I think it will go to a rookie.

Surprised to hear Dynamics want Shedden and Butcher as their lineup. If they had the money I would think they would instead bring back Cammish. Hopefully he will be back, if not with Dynamics. I want Rowbottom to stay, he has been great this season. Mat Jackson to WSR is interesting and would be great, but is surely impossible unless it’s to replace Turkington and another well-funded driver joined to replace Oliphant. I hope Turkington stays. I would have thought Jackson to Power Maxed would be more likely given he almost raced there in 2020 and Plato is almost certainly leaving. Maybe Bobby Thompson might get that seat if not? Interesting that Plato could go to BTC; I wouldn’t want him to retire just yet.

Pleased with the rumour of Cook to Toyota, and hopefully Butcher will stay as his teammate. Oliphant to Motorbase would be nice, as that’s a quick car, and it fits as I very much doubt Andy Neate will be staying. Hill, Jackson and Osborne will probably stay. Crees to Excelr8 is another possibility, and I hope the third Cupra goes to Mike Bushell. I think Carl Boardley will set up his own team, still in the Infiniti, but will continue to be linked with HARD, or might drive a Cupra.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4078096)   #120
mprmke
Racer

Mat Jackson to BMR/PMR sounds more likely if he is to return. Would also be great in a RWD car if it happened.

Hope Bobby Thompson returns as well, but deserves a decent seat.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4078097)   #121
Matt K
Veteran

One of more interesting 'silly season' questions for me is will Cammish be back. I'd love it to happen but we'll see...
Old 11 Oct 2021, 20:24 (Ref:4078105)   #122
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I am going to predict Tom Chilton to WSR. He has had an awful season this year but considering the similar struggles of Rowbottom and Oliphant in the second Ciceley car, I doubt that is down to him. That second Ciceley BMW is probably quite an undesirable one, but I think it will go to a rookie.
Chilton going to WSR won't solve the main problem he's having this year: He can't drive RWD cars. His best bet is probably the Toyota, depending on who his teammate is. Or going back to the Focus, now that it's been developed into a race winning car.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 20:27 (Ref:4078106)   #123
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post

Surprised to hear Dynamics want Shedden and Butcher as their lineup. If they had the money I would think they would instead bring back Cammish. Hopefully he will be back, if not with Dynamics. I want Rowbottom to stay, he has been great this season. Mat Jackson to WSR is interesting and would be great, but is surely impossible unless it’s to replace Turkington and another well-funded driver joined to replace Oliphant. I hope Turkington stays. I would have thought Jackson to Power Maxed would be more likely given he almost raced there in 2020 and Plato is almost certainly leaving. Maybe Bobby Thompson might get that seat if not? Interesting that Plato could go to BTC; I wouldn’t want him to retire just yet.

Pleased with the rumour of Cook to Toyota, and hopefully Butcher will stay as his teammate. Oliphant to Motorbase would be nice, as that’s a quick car, and it fits as I very much doubt Andy Neate will be staying. Hill, Jackson and Osborne will probably stay. Crees to Excelr8 is another possibility, and I hope the third Cupra goes to Mike Bushell. I think Carl Boardley will set up his own team, still in the Infiniti, but will continue to be linked with HARD, or might drive a Cupra.
Wow, how much if that is rumour & paddock chatter or online guessing?
Old 11 Oct 2021, 20:29 (Ref:4078108)   #124
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are many drivers who would be good additions to the grid (like Cammish) but as always it cones down to funding.

And for that reason dream lineups of a 3-4 regular race winners won't ever happen for many/most teams. For every Ingram you HAVE to have a couple of Butels or Jiggys (for example).

There's 8-10 multiple race winners per season, 3 or 4 potential champions with the right wind behind them, everyone else is filler sadly. Swapping the filler seats is pretty much what happens every year so don't get your hopes up of headline acts returning or moving.

If 4 teams disappeared it might actually improve the show. Some fast seat blockers in the upper teams prevent potential stars from shining. Imagine a Cook in a Toyota or a Goff in a BMW again. We've seen what Rowbo could so in the Dynamics Civic once he got his head around a car that actually turn compared to the Merc. The alternative is midfield cars to get fast consistently like the Focus and i30s and Astra to a lesser extent.

But online guessing won't stop people wishing for Rouse and Radisich to return in motorbase Focii.

Last edited by medius; 11 Oct 2021 at 20:37.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 20:36 (Ref:4078111)   #125
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
There are many drivers who would be good additions to the grid (like Cammish) but as always it cones down to funding.

And for that reason dream lineups of a 3-4 regular race winners won't ever happen for many/most teams. For every Ingram you HAVE to have a couple of Butels or Jiggys (for example).
You think Jiggy has money?