Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Nov 2022, 13:13 (Ref:4132523)   #576
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think bringing back the option tyre is a good idea. With no ballast if you hit the sweet spot with the car you're pretty much guaranteed two race wins so the option will spice things up a bit. It's an entertainment series after all.
Old 3 Nov 2022, 16:11 (Ref:4132540)   #577
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Croft Circuit coming to PC simulator rFactor 2 this month, the first time it's ever been laser scanned.

Hoping for Thruxton or Oulton next, please.

I make that Brands, Donington, Croft, Silverstone plus the Toyota, Ford, Hyundai, Infiniti and BMW official BTCC content delivered this year - maybe the full grid and calendar by early 2023?

https://traxion.gg/north-yorkshires-...r-2-simulator/
Old 4 Nov 2022, 09:01 (Ref:4132582)   #578
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://www.btcc.net/2022/11/04/nick...-2023-line-up/

Nick Halstead in Excelr8 Hyundai
Old 4 Nov 2022, 09:14 (Ref:4132583)   #579
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Halstead seemed to go alright in his one off outing a couple of years ago. So it'll be interesting to see him full time in the series
Old 4 Nov 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4132585)   #580
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Halstead seemed to go alright in his one off outing a couple of years ago. So it'll be interesting to see him full time in the series
He has to be one of the early favourites for the Jack Sears surely?

2022 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com Hyundai i30 Fastback NLloyd?Talked about being confident of 2023 drive Inel.
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Laser Tools????Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Laser Tools???????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA Racing???Sutton Confirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA Racing???Cammish Confirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3??????Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4     
HARD.-1HARD. Cupra Taylor-Smith Confirmed as multi-year in press release Inel.
HARD.-2HARD. CupraThompson? Talked about his next year in the car Inel.
HARD.-3HARD. CupraHamilton? Talked about his next year in the car Inel.
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2     
WSR-1     
WSR-2     
WSR-3 MB Motorsport?BMW 330e?Hill?Talked about being back next year in the same teamInel.
Ciceley-1     
Ciceley-2     
PMR-1PMRAstra? Hand Confirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2     
BTC-1 Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2 Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3 Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
Boardley-2     
TOCA-1     
TOCA-2     
TOCA-3     
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???     
???MB Motorsport??????Talked about a 2-car entry for 2023???
???Bert Taylor Racing?????? Talked about getting a TBL for 2023 ???
?????????Proctor? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 4 Nov 2022, 09:46 (Ref:4132587)   #581
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Croft Circuit coming to PC simulator rFactor 2 this month, the first time it's ever been laser scanned.

Hoping for Thruxton or Oulton next, please.

I make that Brands, Donington, Croft, Silverstone plus the Toyota, Ford, Hyundai, Infiniti and BMW official BTCC content delivered this year - maybe the full grid and calendar by early 2023?

https://traxion.gg/north-yorkshires-...r-2-simulator/
They’ve said in some replies on Twitter “We haven’t announced all BTCC tracks, and in fact likely won’t develop them all”

I was hoping they’d build the whole game, including all the tracks and cars in RF2 then port it to console and rebrand it as the BTCC game but it looks like it’ll be half a job.
Old 4 Nov 2022, 09:54 (Ref:4132590)   #582
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Really? He's been a backmarker and crash-magnet in everything he's bought himself a seat in, honestly shocked he would even be a candidate (£££). To be fair he's had a couple of decent runs in British GT this year, though as the Am. Hope to be proved wrong obviously and good luck to him all the same, but expect he'll be 2023's Will Powell or Mark Howard.

That means either Butel or Lloyd out of Excelr8 then.

Last edited by Evantra; 4 Nov 2022 at 10:00.
Old 4 Nov 2022, 10:25 (Ref:4132594)   #583
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nick Halstead as the 3rd Excelr8 driver was certainly not what I expected!

He was competent on debut at Croft in 2021, not qualifying last and I think not too far off the likes of Hamilton, Butel, and Neate on race pace.

He has definitely improved in GT3 machinery (especially at Spa this year) but his G55 GT4 campaign wasn't great (why he was in G55 Pro I don't know, but even compared to G55 Ams Morris and Duggan he wasn't fast). Him seemingly quitting GT racing is interesting, I wonder what Fox Motorsport will do in British GT going forward?

I'd think he'd be at a comparable level to Butel given the speed of the i30 N and what seems to be a decent pre-season testing plan.

Justina Williams said “Although the BTCC is going to be a different challenge, Nick is someone who has shown he has the drive and desire to achieve his goals, and when you also add in his business acumen, I’m confident that this can be the start of a successful partnership both on and off track during the year ahead.” Seems like he's bringing some £££ to the team to help it going forward, guess they had to finance the building of at least 1 new/upgraded chassis somehow.

I would imagine the 4th Excelr8 seat has a lot of interested parties.
Old 4 Nov 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4132602)   #584
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
They’ve said in some replies on Twitter “We haven’t announced all BTCC tracks, and in fact likely won’t develop them all”

I was hoping they’d build the whole game, including all the tracks and cars in RF2 then port it to console and rebrand it as the BTCC game but it looks like it’ll be half a job.
Well Thruxton is going to be added as that's what track the screenshots of the bmw were taken on. So that leaves Oulton Park. Not sure whoever posted that was official to the game as they announced a few months back all cars and tracks would be added due to the game being put back to 2023
Old 4 Nov 2022, 14:52 (Ref:4132618)   #585
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hardly exciting addition to the grid but such drivers (deep-pocketed) are sadly important/necessary for teams. Hopefully it's not Lloyd who's leaving. Lineup consisting of Tingram, Chilton, Halstead and Butel would be truly underwhelming for such a team. Chilton is a solid mid-pack driver now, Ingram a champion, Halstead will be a backmarker so would be great if Lloyd stayed with the team to somehow bridge the gap between Ingram and the rest of the team and help the team move forward. Be that Lloyd or anyone else who can be in the sharp end of the grid anyway.
I suspect £££ might be an issue for Lloyd, this season was exhausting for him in this regard.
Old 4 Nov 2022, 15:39 (Ref:4132629)   #586
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Hardly exciting addition to the grid but such drivers (deep-pocketed) are sadly important/necessary for teams. Hopefully it's not Lloyd who's leaving. Lineup consisting of Tingram, Chilton, Halstead and Butel would be truly underwhelming for such a team. Chilton is a solid mid-pack driver now, Ingram a champion, Halstead will be a backmarker so would be great if Lloyd stayed with the team to somehow bridge the gap between Ingram and the rest of the team and help the team move forward. Be that Lloyd or anyone else who can be in the sharp end of the grid anyway.
I suspect £££ might be an issue for Lloyd, this season was exhausting for him in this regard.
I agree with you on all points. Chilton is getting a new chassis for '23 so he may get a little quicker, but they need someone else regularly finishing top 10 if they want to win the Teams and Manufacturers championship. Lloyd can do that (and did so for most of the '22 season). Given Lloyd's never driven a car for more than 1 season, he would definitely get closer to Ingram's pace with a 2nd year in the i30 N.
Old 4 Nov 2022, 16:57 (Ref:4132634)   #587
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post

They have just confirmed that Thruxton will be available from 7th November it looks to me that rFactor2 is become the BTCC game that we promised a couple of years back.

https://twitter.com/rFactor2/status/1588561093311332353
Old 4 Nov 2022, 20:57 (Ref:4132656)   #588
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
They have just confirmed that Thruxton will be available from 7th November it looks to me that rFactor2 is become the BTCC game that we promised a couple of years back.
when they announced the game delay they said they would release some cars and tracks on the rFactor platform in the interim to help ease the wait and so thats exactly what they are doing

https://racinggames.gg/news/official...layed-to-2024/
Old 5 Nov 2022, 07:44 (Ref:4132670)   #589
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckkfsj6Nh3r/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2023 plans for Crees in this article. PMR? Team Hard? Speedworks? Or GTs?
Old 5 Nov 2022, 08:20 (Ref:4132671)   #590
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
when they announced the game delay they said they would release some cars and tracks on the rFactor platform in the interim to help ease the wait and so thats exactly what they are doing

https://racinggames.gg/news/official...layed-to-2024/
Probably the greatest thing that could have happened since I don’t have much faith that the btcc game will be a “simulator” in the strictest sense.
Old 5 Nov 2022, 09:41 (Ref:4132674)   #591
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Probably the greatest thing that could have happened since I don’t have much faith that the btcc game will be a “simulator” in the strictest sense.
Most BTCC fans would be upset if the real championship was closer to pure racing. They would probably complain it is too boring.
A simulator would be a bit too far from the typical BTCC follower's expectation I expect.
Old 5 Nov 2022, 09:51 (Ref:4132675)   #592
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckkfsj6Nh3r/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2023 plans for Crees in this article. PMR? Team Hard? Speedworks? Or GTs?
Mentions lots of options in a short article! All very interesting, would be good to see him in something a little bit quicker than the Vauxhall. Also a mention right at the end of PMR potentially changing cars.
Old 5 Nov 2022, 11:26 (Ref:4132679)   #593
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Crees isn't too bad a driver. Be interesting to see where he ends up
Old 5 Nov 2022, 18:01 (Ref:4132696)   #594
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Hardly exciting addition to the grid but such drivers (deep-pocketed) are sadly important/necessary for teams. Hopefully it's not Lloyd who's leaving.
Do you think they charge a drive like Halstead more than they do Lloyd? I wouldn't be happy if I was Halstead if that were the case.

At the end of the day motorsport is a business first and foremost.
Old 6 Nov 2022, 07:05 (Ref:4132770)   #595
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Mentions lots of options in a short article! All very interesting, would be good to see him in something a little bit quicker than the Vauxhall. Also a mention right at the end of PMR potentially changing cars.
Maybe buy the Focus from
Motorbase?
Old 6 Nov 2022, 11:06 (Ref:4132778)   #596
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Most BTCC fans would be upset if the real championship was closer to pure racing. They would probably complain it is too boring.
A simulator would be a bit too far from the typical BTCC follower's expectation I expect.
I think it’s a good thing because touring cars is under represented in modern race sims (in general). Even fairly recently sims like Assetto Corsa only has maybe half a dozen touring cars and only one which is FWD (the Arbarth Cup car).
Old 6 Nov 2022, 15:30 (Ref:4132795)   #597
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Maybe buy the Focus from Motorbase?
I would imagine that would be an option for them. Their current Astras are getting on a bit and should probably be retired. I guess it depends on funds/sponsors/potential dealer backing etc. whether PMR try and build new-shape Astras, buy an existing car from the grid, or go in a different direction completely. If they keep the current car they are only going to go backwards in '23 imo.
Old 6 Nov 2022, 15:58 (Ref:4132796)   #598
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
I would imagine that would be an option for them. Their current Astras are getting on a bit and should probably be retired.
Would it make much difference if they switched to the Focus?

Crees's car was only built last year, and thus younger than the car driven by Osborne this season.
Old 6 Nov 2022, 16:34 (Ref:4132797)   #599
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Would it make much difference if they switched to the Focus?

Crees's car was only built last year, and thus younger than the car driven by Osborne this season.
It might do, it might not, who knows? Sometimes you've got to take a gamble.

I would add to my earlier comment that a new-build car with a more modern and aerodynamic shape and with hybrid better integrated (and maybe even RWD...) is probably a better option than the Focus, but as I said, these are among many options for the team going forwards that will be dependent on funds/sponsors/potential dealer backing etc.

The Astra K is an older shape (2015 road car, 2017 debut in BTCC) so whilst Crees's chassis may be from 2021 the shape of the car itself is a bit out of date. One wonders if a more modern donor car may help them move forwards. Merely a hypothesis that could get proven wrong if the Astras are on the grid next year.
Old 6 Nov 2022, 17:59 (Ref:4132799)   #600
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That Astra may have been first raced last year but it used a shell designed and built in 2017. It may have hard marginally less use that the Focus but it's still a relatively old design.