Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Jan 2020, 18:20 (Ref:3954826)   #2976
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike Bushell has joined Matt Neal in taking off-seaons trips to hospital according to his FB. Hopefully he is ok soon.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 20:28 (Ref:3954838)   #2977
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Although in the press release from motorbase David Bartrum makes it clear that him and jackson are a pairing which says to me it is the "focus rs" they're using. Really cant see 3rd driver being Shedden now can see it being Caine or maybe even Collard.

Can however imagine Shedden at PMR as I said the other day. Especially if they've got new big investment.
JP dislikes Shedden. Refers to him as a moaning minnie. Can't see that being a thing. I believe the wrong tree is being barked upon...
Old 31 Jan 2020, 21:31 (Ref:3954852)   #2978
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
JP dislikes Shedden. Refers to him as a moaning minnie. Can't see that being a thing. I believe the wrong tree is being barked upon...
Shedden in the 3rd Motorbase & Huff in at PMR alongside Plato is my guess 🤞
Old 31 Jan 2020, 21:38 (Ref:3954854)   #2979
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Shedden in the 3rd Motorbase & Huff in at PMR alongside Plato is my guess 🤞
That would be awesome. As SLR have now exited, currently Huff does not have a WTCR seat (in public knowledge)
Old 31 Jan 2020, 21:48 (Ref:3954857)   #2980
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Huff said some time ago he has no offers from other WTCR teams and he has no plans for 2020. However it was some time ago and there has been silence since. Still I can't see Huffy joining BTCC (unfortunately) but he's not the guy to pay for seat. So can't see him in BTCC.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 21:48 (Ref:3954856)   #2981
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The irony is so thick you could bottle it and sell it on eBay.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 21:51 (Ref:3954859)   #2982
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Unlikely I would say. Pretty sure he is employed by Excelr8 day to day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
But if Driver X who was expected to drive for Team A has been announced at Team B, then Driver Y, who had been at Team B for a couple of years, might be knocking on the door of Team C with his extensive budget, leaving the less experienced Driver Z looking for a drive at Team D. Or even Team E.
Old 1 Feb 2020, 08:38 (Ref:3954965)   #2983
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
But if Driver X who was expected to drive for Team A has been announced at Team B, then Driver Y, who had been at Team B for a couple of years, might be knocking on the door of Team C with his extensive budget, leaving the less experienced Driver Z looking for a drive at Team D. Or even Team E.
Why did you choose your forum name?
Old 1 Feb 2020, 09:24 (Ref:3954972)   #2984
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Motorbase, podium, Brands.
Car not going to be ready for Donington then or just crap there?
Old 1 Feb 2020, 09:32 (Ref:3954974)   #2985
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Car not going to be ready for Donington then or just crap there?
New builds, new drivers. It will probably take a few rounds to get up the front.
Old 1 Feb 2020, 10:24 (Ref:3954979)   #2986
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good to see Butcher in the Motorbase seat. He should get plenty of wins, just hope the car is up to speed. Him and Jackson are a good lineup so far, let's see who gets the other seat
Old 1 Feb 2020, 11:31 (Ref:3954989)   #2987
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Huff said some time ago he has no offers from other WTCR teams and he has no plans for 2020. However it was some time ago and there has been silence since. Still I can't see Huffy joining BTCC (unfortunately) but he's not the guy to pay for seat. So can't see him in BTCC.
Wouldnt need to pay for a seat if PMR have the extra funding that JP kept on about last season also JP doesnt pay for his seat he gets paid
Old 1 Feb 2020, 11:40 (Ref:3954991)   #2988
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Shedden in the 3rd Motorbase & Huff in at PMR alongside Plato is my guess ��
I'm now pretty sure (having just a strong suspicion before) that it is Shedden at Motorbase.

When Rory was announced this week leads to the third driver logically being a "bigger" name - you normally build up to your headline, not the other way around.
(Unless other constraints around timing for publicity/ sponsors/ liability to losing the moment due to a leak etc.)
Old 1 Feb 2020, 12:14 (Ref:3954995)   #2989
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Wouldnt need to pay for a seat if PMR have the extra funding that JP kept on about last season also JP doesnt pay for his seat he gets paid
Plus if Mr Gow has got involved it sounds like it would be someone of Huff’s profile!
Old 1 Feb 2020, 13:03 (Ref:3954999)   #2990
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Plus if Mr Gow has got involved it sounds like it would be someone of Huff’s profile!
Also they've been team mates before and with both their knowledge that car would end up more than likely the best on the grid
Old 1 Feb 2020, 13:04 (Ref:3955000)   #2991
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Would be a real scoop for Motorbase should they take Shedden, they would really bow down to him and they would really be up for a title challenge. Would be a bit ironic though if they take the person who indirectly led to Mat Jackson’s dismissal from the team.

However I think it’s wrong to call Flash the 3rd driver in the team, he’s too good for that!
Old 1 Feb 2020, 13:15 (Ref:3955002)   #2992
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Would be a real scoop for Motorbase should they take Shedden, they would really bow down to him and they would really be up for a title challenge. Would be a bit ironic though if they take the person who indirectly led to Mat Jackson’s dismissal from the team.

However I think it’s wrong to call Flash the 3rd driver in the team, he’s too good for that!
Well he will be there third driver in the team because they already announced two for them so announcing him last would make him the third driver, no where has anyone said he would be there third best driver in the team
Old 1 Feb 2020, 16:07 (Ref:3955019)   #2993
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I've probably missed it on here - so let's get the apology in now - but Mr Jelley is confirmed at Parker.

(He obviously was anyway but it is public now).

There's now an audio on btcc.net

Last edited by Alfisti; 1 Feb 2020 at 16:13. Reason: Clarify source of information
Old 1 Feb 2020, 16:10 (Ref:3955020)   #2994
S griffin
Veteran

Good to have him back, he had better results, although there was still some bad luck from Snetterton to Silverstone. I don’t doubt Jelley will be up there again plenty of times
Old 1 Feb 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3955022)   #2995
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Well he will be there third driver in the team because they already announced two for them so announcing him last would make him the third driver, no where has anyone said he would be there third best driver in the team
It'd be great to have Flash back (pardon the pun), no offence to Butcher or OJ, hope the latter manages to get on the podium this year.
Old 1 Feb 2020, 16:21 (Ref:3955024)   #2996
Div
Rookie

Div should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to clarify some of this 'Driver gets paid' stuff. Generally, as in Platos case, he will bring his personal sponsors and will take his money from the total amount he brings to the team. E.G. He has £400k behind him, the drive costs £300k and he takes the £100k as his salary. I may be wrong but the team won't pay him a penny - i'm sure i've read before its only Turks who does and that is from BMW and not WSR anyway.

Likewise, it's quite widely known Shedden has no money (likewise Huffy), so I would pretty much guarantee unless Bartrum wins the euro millions in the next month that Shedden won't be on the grid. Unless of course Matt Neal isn't fit for the 1st round then that's the only time I think we could see Shedden back on the grid briefly.

I'm expecting Motorbase 3rd driver to disappoint most people as it won't be an 'A-list' driver, it was my understanding Creesey was due there before the BTC seat became available.
Old 1 Feb 2020, 17:09 (Ref:3955034)   #2997
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Gow is involved with the second PMR seat, how about Menu or Gio? Mind you, Gow was involved with Chilton returning to the BTCC with PMR, so may not be that exciting...
Old 1 Feb 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3955039)   #2998
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
If Gow is involved with the second PMR seat, how about Menu or Gio? Mind you, Gow was involved with Chilton returning to the BTCC with PMR, so may not be that exciting...
To be honest, I wouldn't be too excited by that. Both have had the 'amazing return' before and both had just the one lacklustre season. Really, I think they have had their day.
Old 1 Feb 2020, 17:37 (Ref:3955040)   #2999
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do we know that Gow is involved with 2nd PMR seat ? or that is some wild rumor ?
Old 1 Feb 2020, 19:23 (Ref:3955059)   #3000
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Just to clarify some of this 'Driver gets paid' stuff. Generally, as in Platos case, he will bring his personal sponsors and will take his money from the total amount he brings to the team. E.G. He has £400k behind him, the drive costs £300k and he takes the £100k as his salary. I may be wrong but the team won't pay him a penny - i'm sure i've read before its only Turks who does and that is from BMW and not WSR anyway.

Likewise, it's quite widely known Shedden has no money (likewise Huffy), so I would pretty much guarantee unless Bartrum wins the euro millions in the next month that Shedden won't be on the grid. Unless of course Matt Neal isn't fit for the 1st round then that's the only time I think we could see Shedden back on the grid briefly.

I'm expecting Motorbase 3rd driver to disappoint most people as it won't be an 'A-list' driver, it was my understanding Creesey was due there before the BTC seat became available.
No reason why Shedden or Huff couldn't raise their own sponsorship to pay for drives and pay themselves a wage too.