Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 27 Aug 2010, 11:51 (Ref:2751027)   #26
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
That doesn't surprise me John,Tim has proven that he wont fall asleep too easily.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 17:15 (Ref:2751135)   #27
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'de be better off get Uncle to enter Tim,far better to be driving than just sitting there wishing!
Old 27 Aug 2010, 18:23 (Ref:2751165)   #28
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure the old fella could last six hours nowadays.
Old 7 Sep 2010, 08:01 (Ref:2755519)   #29
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Would the same cry have gone out if it had been an Allegro or a Maestro? (Class winning or not ...)
Surely, yes ..... and isn't the Montego pretty much a Maestro with a boot, or vice versa; which came first?

Unsticking this now, but a new thread covering this will appear at the top well before the event, I'm sure!
Old 7 Sep 2010, 08:07 (Ref:2755522)   #30
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps sooner rather than later John
Old 16 Sep 2010, 22:15 (Ref:2760624)   #31
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
was it Claire who said 'we accept any GT car, and the definition of GT is if the manufacturer called it a GT then it is'?
I just noticed on the 1965 Homologation forms the MGB is entered and approved in category 'Grand Touring'
Old 17 Sep 2010, 04:47 (Ref:2760697)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The MGB was a roadster (or sports) as identified by the Manufacturer, it didn't start calling its cars "GT" until 1966. The FiSA as it was then didn't recognise "sports cars" per se, in fact even now the definition of a GT is a car with two doors and two seats (I think). Anyway the racing category was either GT or protoype hence the homologation papers.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 05:32 (Ref:2760709)   #33
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
was it Claire who said 'we accept any GT car, and the definition of GT is if the manufacturer called it a GT then it is'?
I just noticed on the 1965 Homologation forms the MGB is entered and approved in category 'Grand Touring'

In fact it comes under the GTS Label,only thing is,the FIA never built them
BGTs are more than welcome though,how about a nice BGT V8?
Old 17 Sep 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2760829)   #34
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
In fact it comes under the GTS Label,only thing is,the FIA never built them
BGTs are more than welcome though,how about a nice BGT V8?

I thought there was a 3.5 litre capacity limit?
Old 17 Sep 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2760876)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now you're being picky!
Old 17 Sep 2010, 13:30 (Ref:2760894)   #36
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I thought there was a 3.5 litre capacity limit?
That was this year.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2761006)   #37
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
That was this year.
Ah ...... I see. When will the 2011 tech regs be published?
Old 17 Sep 2010, 21:24 (Ref:2761036)   #38
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ah ...... I see. When will the 2011 tech regs be published?
Any day now - we're just doing a final check before they're loaded on to the website
Old 18 Sep 2010, 04:56 (Ref:2761107)   #39
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
REGULATIONS AVAILABLE

Morning All,

I hope and trust you are well

The Regs are now out there....GO GET YA CARS...Entry opens in a week! (or two lol)

http://www.360motor-racing-club.com/...GULATIONS.html

Ta ClaireChair
Old 18 Sep 2010, 07:34 (Ref:2761121)   #40
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!

thanks Claire; there's clearly a lot of work and thought gone into these regs, think I'm going to need as much work and thought in choosing a new vehicle...
Old 18 Sep 2010, 09:07 (Ref:2761137)   #41
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Looks good Claire, a very sensible set of regs if I may say so.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 12:59 (Ref:2761201)   #42
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I dont think John or Claire will mind you saying that Al,in fact,you can say it as much as you like.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 14:24 (Ref:2761232)   #43
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Ha ha I like em because they are almost identical to CTCRC championship regs!
Old 18 Sep 2010, 14:30 (Ref:2761234)   #44
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Looks like the Camaro will be eligible next year, Al.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2761235)   #45
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Oops ........... just noticed the bit about '.....on sale to the public in the U.K.'

Was the Camaro, or the Ford Mustang, ever '........on sale to the public in the U.K.'?
Old 18 Sep 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2761236)   #46
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Ha ha I like em because they are almost identical to CTCRC championship regs!
I'm shocked! . Don't tell me you're actually going to enter Al? You know you want to.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2761238)   #47
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
JUST TO CONFIRM

They are now in PDF format and also I had a tidy up on them re some cosmetic stuff.

Also to confirm, the bit about losing a lap if you refuel under the safety car has been removed as there is the time limit rule on refueling anyway so we dont want to catch you twice

Thanks Al...just so long as you enter!!!

ta

Claire
Old 18 Sep 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2761246)   #48
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Oops ........... just noticed the bit about '.....on sale to the public in the U.K.'

Was the Camaro, or the Ford Mustang, ever '........on sale to the public in the U.K.'?
That could be a technicality that we've missed . Maybe, we should just say 'on sale to the public'
We always have the right to refuse entry ....... and then, if Mike Bell comes up with something he's found in Eastern Europe, made in a shed in Bolivia, with a 16cyl 10 litre engine, we'll think about it!
Old 18 Sep 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2761253)   #49
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Of course they were! Especially my 3rd gen that was even available in RHD but if I do it I wouldnt use a Camaro, too thirsty! Baurre Mullett (spelling) were one of the importers, I have a RHD manual trans Chevy Blazer now.
Old 18 Sep 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2761257)   #50
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
That could be a technicality that we've missed . Maybe, we should just say 'on sale to the public'
We always have the right to refuse entry ....... and then, if Mike Bell comes up with something he's found in Eastern Europe, made in a shed in Bolivia, with a 16cyl 10 litre engine, we'll think about it!
Hmm.

Aircooled V8 Tatra?

Probably not competitive and lacks the South American link (afaik) but would certainly be 'interesting'

Perhaps a Zil - but were they ever on sale to the public, Russian or otherwise?
Closed Thread