Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Mar 2020, 10:10 (Ref:3966685)   #126
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Expect other teams to do the same if the situation around the world doesn't improve.
i think most teams will wait it out and get back on the road for testing as soon as they can. they all have overheads to cover that don't go away, unless they're like r motorsport and are being bankrolled by somebody.

they'll be up for 2020 as long as their paying drivers are.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 12:54 (Ref:3967816)   #127
smithhehehaha
Racer

smithhehehaha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Why shouldn't we race again this year?
Someone is pessimistic that the pandemic may not under control within this year. So large public events may be likely to be suspended for whole year.
Old 31 Mar 2020, 19:35 (Ref:3967878)   #128
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
italiaracing has a draft calendar for the season, with the first few obviously pencilled in. the tba is one of the british rounds that have been cancelled, if we can't have a race here they've got something else lined up, apparently.

throwing the teams in at the deep end up starting the endurance calendar with the big one though

Quote:
June 16-17 - Pre 24 Hour Spa Test
June 28 - Zandvoort - Sprint
July 5 - Misano - Sprint
July 26 - Spa - Endurance
August 9 - TBA - Sprint
September 6 - Nurburgring - Endurance
September 13 - MagnyCours - Endurance
September 27 - Budapest - Sprint
October 11 - Barcelona - Endurance
November 1 - Imola - Sprint
November 15 - Le Castellet - Endurance
Old 31 Mar 2020, 20:43 (Ref:3967887)   #129
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithhehehaha View Post
Someone is pessimistic that the pandemic may not under control within this year. So large public events may be likely to be suspended for whole year.
There are no absolutes in human misery and things can always get worse. But that would mean a global tragedy. Govts would go bankrupted and you'd have riots in the streets.

The soon we go back to, the better the world is. Three months for Spa test days.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 11:34 (Ref:3968016)   #130
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be surprised if the Spa Test Day goes ahead though, as there is talk today of Wimbledon & British GP going down the pan and they are scheduled after July 1st.
When all this started I actually thought of going to spa for the Test Days as I can't make the race this year .......... don't think that will happen now as my company have banned all non essential travel to Europe for the foreseeable future.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 11:58 (Ref:3968020)   #131
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rest assured that the people at SRO are working hard to see what is and what is not possible and will only make a public announcement on the calendar when the time is ready.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 20:44 (Ref:3968096)   #132
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
absolutely, but it very much helps people figure out how long they're potentially going to be working into the winter if there's updates.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 22:28 (Ref:3968125)   #133
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
absolutely, but it very much helps people figure out how long they're potentially going to be working into the winter if there's updates.
Problem is, this might give false hope to people as this draft was just one of several options (this one being the most optimistic).

Italiaracing.net simply copied it from a mail to teams - despite clear instructions to recipients not to spread the dates.
Old 1 Apr 2020, 22:38 (Ref:3968127)   #134
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Judging by the way car sales have collapsed, the economy has collapsed and the petrol/diesel ban then motorsport as we know it may not exist anymore.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 00:41 (Ref:3968142)   #135
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Problem is, this might give false hope to people as this draft was just one of several options (this one being the most optimistic).

Italiaracing.net simply copied it from a mail to teams - despite clear instructions to recipients not to spread the dates.
i do understand what you’re saying, and generally sro have done a great job explaining their decisions and so on. nobody really knows what is going to happen or even what is happening at the moment.

maybe communicating with teams only is a good thing in theory, but they’re not the only ones having to juggle very tight cashflows. the first series to be clear with their dates will end up with the best quality staff at this point...

Last edited by bella; 2 Apr 2020 at 00:50.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3969374)   #136
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Judging by the way car sales have collapsed, the economy has collapsed and the petrol/diesel ban then motorsport as we know it may not exist anymore.
I don't think that is much of a concern, the economy hasn't collapsed yet. If this goes on 4-5 months that may change but at this point world economies have taken a hit but most countries around the world have plans in place to provide assistance to its citizens which will help minimize the impact of the temporary loss of jobs, etc.

Even if world economies collapsed down to the levels of 2008 even (which at this time would mean for instance the DOW Jones in America would need to lose 66% of its current value) Motorsports continued pretty much the same afterward as it did before 2008.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 16:30 (Ref:3969380)   #137
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well it is being strongly suggested that we face considerably worse conditions than 2008?
Old 8 Apr 2020, 16:59 (Ref:3969391)   #138
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Well it is being strongly suggested that we face considerably worse conditions than 2008?
I don't live everywhere so I can't comment on that for other places, but as far as America is concerned my stocks and 401k is nowhere near as depleted. My home value has not crashed, credit is still flowing, and more importantly this is a temporary situation with a theoretical end in sight. In 2008 world governments had to maneuver their way out of the crisis, today this will end when the virus slows down, or worst case scenario when a vaccine or effective method of treatment is available. In the meantime, at least in America everyone is being guaranteed their salary from before the crisis, and every citizen is receiving a $1200 payment in addition. I'm personally still working, however I know many who aren't and due to these policies they aren't facing any dire financial situations. I don't think this is anywhere near as bad as 2008 at least from my experience in America. When I look at the rest of the world (such as the UK and Canada) the programs to take care of their citizens look even better and more robust than those that are being employed here.

I'm pretty sure life will return to relatively normal once the crisis is over. Of course I'm definitely not an expert and I've been known to be wrong about things in the past so no guarantees.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 12:16 (Ref:3970738)   #139
ivozet
Rookie

ivozet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Macron: There will be no festivals or sporting events of any kind before mid-July
Old 14 Apr 2020, 13:11 (Ref:3970749)   #140
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivozet View Post
Macron: There will be no festivals or sporting events of any kind before mid-July
Macron - idiot once, idiot ever. It has been decided to postpone the GT World Challenge Europe Powered by AWS event at Circuit Paul Ricard to 15 November.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 13:37 (Ref:3970755)   #141
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
The decision to postpone the Paul Ricard round to November was no direct result of Macron's speech. New date was already communicated to the teams two weeks ago.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 16:25 (Ref:3970804)   #142
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Same weekend as Sebring 🙁.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 19:37 (Ref:3970830)   #143
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Same weekend as Sebring ��.
I believe this is a problem that will occur very often when whatever remains of the season gets under way. Audi and Mercedes thought they had issue with one IGTC/ADAC GT clash, they are about to have several SRO/ADAC/etc. clashes.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 20:25 (Ref:3970838)   #144
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
yeah, i mean we don't even know when countries are going to open their borders and under what circumstances they're going to be open either. prioritising motorsport within national borders and then european wide stuff is the sensible way to go. us/eu clashes are pretty much the last concern.
Old 14 Apr 2020, 20:31 (Ref:3970839)   #145
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2Motorsport View Post
I believe this is a problem that will occur very often when whatever remains of the season gets under way. Audi and Mercedes thought they had issue with one IGTC/ADAC GT clash, they are about to have several SRO/ADAC/etc. clashes.
Absolutely, I'm resigned to it. This is just the first time two events I was previously planning to go to have been rearranged into a clash. I doubt it will be the last.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 15:23 (Ref:3970968)   #146
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Absolutely, I'm resigned to it. This is just the first time two events I was previously planning to go to have been rearranged into a clash. I doubt it will be the last.
It is definitely unfortunate though, mostly for Paul Ricard as the manufacturers prioritize the ISMA/WEC over anything SRO related it seems. I'm considering attending Sebring for the first time as well although we do plan to go to Europe this fall and depending on when the restrictions are lifted it may end up getting pushed to November and attending the race at Paul Ricard wouldn't make me upset either.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 17:18 (Ref:3970990)   #147
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2Motorsport View Post
There will be no ADAC / GT World Challenge Europe clashes, that's for sure.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 17:36 (Ref:3970993)   #148
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
belgium's banned sporting gatherings and festivals till the end of august, so that's the spa 24 hours and the british gt round out the window
Old 15 Apr 2020, 17:42 (Ref:3970994)   #149
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
belgium's banned sporting gatherings and festivals till the end of august, so that's the spa 24 hours and the british gt round out the window
And WEC at Spa 15 Aug. Damn that's a blow. I had the Spa 24 down as my beacon date.
Old 15 Apr 2020, 18:04 (Ref:3970998)   #150
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
yeah, that was my liferaft date as well.

it's a big call by the belgian government but i guess they've had pressure put on them by event organisers to make a decision either way.