Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Nov 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3330077)   #251
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wired my payment for Le Mans 2014 today, so I can now say with certainty that I will be there in 2014!
Old 13 Nov 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3330881)   #252
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Looks like I'm sorted for a Tertre Rouge ticket.
Sorry, folks who want this

I'll be off somewhere a tad quieter... Until we get there.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 16:45 (Ref:3330897)   #253
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Booh! booh! booh!

And now on a more serious note: Nicely done!

Who/what was your source?
Old 13 Nov 2013, 17:12 (Ref:3330911)   #254
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I ordered my tickets and Houx campingplace last weekend. So 2014 is my 7th time
Old 14 Nov 2013, 08:28 (Ref:3331146)   #255
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post

Congratulations, hope you enjoy the delights of TR and lets hope Vince and I get our allocation, no sign of debit going through yet but feeling confident
Old 14 Nov 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3331232)   #256
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post

I have got my tertre Rouge ticket booked through Ticket+travel in the house also!
Still have not heard anything from Nadine...
Old 19 Nov 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3333375)   #257
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I'll be there. Only my second time, first being 2012. Dunlop tribune and Porsche Curves campsite with Travel Destinations. I know, I know, over priced, but I like the service from them and the secure site.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 06:06 (Ref:3333460)   #258
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
OK guys for this one I need a little help from the veterans.

I stayed at the Chateau d'Eporce campgrounds last year and quite liked it. But, I feel in need of an upgrade to suitably namby-pamby accommodations.

Therefore, I pose the general public a question: is there ANY chance that I could reserve a room or two at a decent hotel for Le Mans next year? I was looking at this: http://www.lemansrace.com/deptconten...el-package/65/

Do things like that generally sell out years in advance or do I still have a shot?

Cheers.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 09:53 (Ref:3333519)   #259
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No idea really - best bet is to give them a call or shoot them an email, I guess....
Old 19 Nov 2013, 19:34 (Ref:3333809)   #260
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
OK guys for this one I need a little help from the veterans.

I stayed at the Chateau d'Eporce campgrounds last year and quite liked it. But, I feel in need of an upgrade to suitably namby-pamby accommodations.

Therefore, I pose the general public a question: is there ANY chance that I could reserve a room or two at a decent hotel for Le Mans next year? I was looking at this: http://www.lemansrace.com/deptconten...el-package/65/

Do things like that generally sell out years in advance or do I still have a shot?

Cheers.
Well, as you can see on the picture, the hotel is a part of the "ACCOR GROUP". These hotels are quite good, 3 * . Just along the tram line, you have 1 connection to travel to the circuit.
Here is its situation :https://maps.google.fr/maps?ie=UTF-8...d=0CNIBEPwSMAs .

No stores around, no restaurants, excepted a middle sized supermarket.
More informations about this quarter of Le Mans, send me a PM.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3334891)   #261
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I've had to delay finalizing my plans due to some sudden and unexpected family- and work-related issues. Going to book in early- to mid-December I suspect, once the issues are sorted out, and will most likely stay at Maison Blanche with the forum's resident Danes.

And, as mentioned in passing to someone else... Tertre Rouge this year, Maison Blanche next year, Houx in 2015?
Old 21 Nov 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3334923)   #262
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I've had to delay finalizing my plans due to some sudden and unexpected family- and work-related issues. Going to book in early- to mid-December I suspect, once the issues are sorted out, and will most likely stay at Maison Blanche with the forum's resident Danes.

And, as mentioned in passing to someone else... Tertre Rouge this year, Maison Blanche next year, Houx in 2015?
Stick at it Victor, you'll be in Bausejour before you know it...
Old 22 Nov 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3335126)   #263
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Stick at it Victor, you'll be in Bausejour before you know it...
I think he may find after one year with the Danes in MB why TR is so popular
Old 22 Nov 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3335141)   #264
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Why? .. are you saying there is a better class of drunk on TR?
Old 22 Nov 2013, 10:30 (Ref:3335143)   #265
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
haven't you heard? they drink their soixante-quatre out of champagne glasses on tr
Old 22 Nov 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3335147)   #266
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
haven't you heard? they drink their soixante-quatre out of champagne glasses on tr
How crass.... in that case they probably eat cucumber sandwiches and aspire to F1
Old 22 Nov 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3335156)   #267
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
On TR the drinks are served after sun down by appropriately dressed waiters using crystal glasses placed on silver trays, but only to those people who have dressed for dinner, the rest of us just slump in the camping chairs drinking small bottles of beer or wine from plastic barrels/wine boxes.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 11:04 (Ref:3335157)   #268
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
How crass.... in that case they probably eat cucumber sandwiches and aspire to F1
Slurs like that are not appreciated on here Mal, i hate cucumber
Old 22 Nov 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3335158)   #269
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
What do you know about that Simon! .
Old 22 Nov 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3335160)   #270
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Indeed, and sometimes we brawl over whether a champagne saucer or champagne flute is used.

Thankfully things have, so far, been resolved without recourse to the code duello.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3335172)   #271
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i would think that's a very simple dispute to settle though - surely a saucer is easier to spill on uneven ground?

or are the rumours about tr being completely flat and carpeted with the pelts of captured enemy true as well??
Old 22 Nov 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3335174)   #272
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know I started the thread but it now looks like I will not be in France next June.

The reason is that I am hopefully buying a house in the early part of next year and if that comes off then all our spare cash will go towards that rather then my weekend in France.

However I have told the Wife that I am going to Le Mans 2015, come hell or high water.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 12:39 (Ref:3335178)   #273
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh come off it Rob!!! We'll have forgotten what you look like by the time you re-appear and the cars'll all be completely silent electric powered things by then!
Old 22 Nov 2013, 13:06 (Ref:3335193)   #274
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
If that happens, chances are that you cannot remember what a lot of us look like, because I fear attendance at Le Mans of ten-tenthers will be a lot less!
Old 22 Nov 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3335229)   #275
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Oh come off it Rob!!! We'll have forgotten what you look like by the time you re-appear and the cars'll all be completely silent electric powered things by then!
I am gutted that I wouldn't be there (2009 was my last visit). But I have done a deal to enable me to go to Silverstone in April so at least I will be able to see the cars then.....