Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Aug 2013, 07:18 (Ref:3293340)   #101
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to the forum modela!
Old 24 Aug 2013, 08:06 (Ref:3293354)   #102
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well a warm welcome from all on the forum, please ensure that you keep a watch on here over the next 9 months and we will ensure your 2014 trip maximises your time at Le mans
Old 24 Aug 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3293438)   #103
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As usual, I'm signed up for the trip along with my dad and Uncle - goodness knows who else is coming with us.

My sister will have her A-levels but is desperate to come, my mates who came this year are all poor students, the Alfa Romeo Owners club have expressed an interest in camping with us at Houx (!), my girlfriend would like to come if she has the money and there's another group of friends we used to go with who also want to start coming again.

Everything's completely up in the air and the group could be anything between 3 and 33.

Gotta love planning it all though haven't you?
Old 24 Aug 2013, 13:38 (Ref:3293440)   #104
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by modela View Post
I am in. Went in 2011. Unfinished business as in staying at the track all night to really soak it in. Can't wait from Vancouver.
Welcome modela. You've picked a good year to return to I think!
Old 24 Aug 2013, 14:18 (Ref:3293444)   #105
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by modela View Post
I am in. Went in 2011. Unfinished business as in staying at the track all night to really soak it in. Can't wait from Vancouver.
The use of the phrase "soak it in" has been a little too appropriate these past few years! (Aysedasi notwithstanding.)

I'll probably see you either at YVR or SEA. Usually go Monday to get there Tuesday, altho this year due to a plane "stopped mechanical" in Boston got there Wednesday. Barely enough time to register before first practice!

So any plans to "do the double" and see the Ring the following weekend?
keke
Old 25 Aug 2013, 22:34 (Ref:3293898)   #106
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
The use of the phrase "soak it in" has been a little too appropriate these past few years! (Aysedasi notwithstanding.)

I'll probably see you either at YVR or SEA. Usually go Monday to get there Tuesday, altho this year due to a plane "stopped mechanical" in Boston got there Wednesday. Barely enough time to register before first practice!

So any plans to "do the double" and see the Ring the following weekend?
keke
I'll be tripling with the 24 hour races: Le Mans, Nurburgring, and Spa. Unfortunately, Le Mans may be in jeopardy with my slightly topsy-turvy schedule... but all three are priorities so...

Also I'm hoping to make the Blancpain event at Paul Ricard HTTT again - that was great fun.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3293905)   #107
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I'll be tripling with the 24 hour races: Le Mans, Nurburgring, and Spa. Unfortunately, Le Mans may be in jeopardy with my slightly topsy-turvy schedule... but all three are priorities so...

Also I'm hoping to make the Blancpain event at Paul Ricard HTTT again - that was great fun.
Clocking up some serious air miles there. Impressive.

I'm looking to do Le Mans 24 / Spa 24 / Rally Germany as my trips next year.

The only thing that's confirmed so far is obviously Le Mans.
Old 25 Aug 2013, 23:36 (Ref:3293931)   #108
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Clocking up some serious air miles there. Impressive.

I'm looking to do Le Mans 24 / Spa 24 / Rally Germany as my trips next year.

The only thing that's confirmed so far is obviously Le Mans.
Not really that impressive... once you're there it's essentially just a lot of driving and a bit of money on petrol and a cheap hotel and then you're off to the next one...

As I'm probably the youngest person on here I got to give a shout out to my Dad... he's a pretty generous man. We like to joke that I have expensive interests and once I head off to architecture school I'm going to be paying him back. At least 10 Tenths is free...

OK OK anyway back on topic...
Old 26 Aug 2013, 00:29 (Ref:3293946)   #109
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Not really that impressive... once you're there it's essentially just a lot of driving and a bit of money on petrol and a cheap hotel and then you're off to the next one...

As I'm probably the youngest person on here I got to give a shout out to my Dad... he's a pretty generous man. We like to joke that I have expensive interests and once I head off to architecture school I'm going to be paying him back. At least 10 Tenths is free...

OK OK anyway back on topic...
I'd like to challenge you to that claim Beetle. Not just the age thing...being a good-for-nothing student already in a lot of debt, my trips to Le Mans are heavily - no, entirely subsidised by my good old man. Where would be without them eh?

I don't think this is off topic, it's relevant to why we're attending the race next year
Old 26 Aug 2013, 01:39 (Ref:3293963)   #110
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I'd like to challenge you to that claim Beetle. Not just the age thing...being a good-for-nothing student already in a lot of debt, my trips to Le Mans are heavily - no, entirely subsidised by my good old man. Where would be without them eh?

I don't think this is off topic, it's relevant to why we're attending the race next year
To the old men!!

Old 26 Aug 2013, 06:45 (Ref:3294021)   #111
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
To the old men!!

Thanks.... I will be the 'old man' taking my boy next year!
Old 26 Aug 2013, 06:58 (Ref:3294024)   #112
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well I have been taking my daughter (Helen/Elavial) to Le Mans for over 7 years, I look at it a passing on the family obsession, and I think I have succeeded.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 07:55 (Ref:3294049)   #113
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Thanks.... I will be the 'old man' taking my boy next year!
I've been the "old man" for quite some time. Next year I hope will be my eldest GRANDson's first visit. His dad, my son, made his first trip with the old man back in 1986.
Old 26 Aug 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3294293)   #114
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
I've been the "old man" for quite some time. Next year I hope will be my eldest GRANDson's first visit. His dad, my son, made his first trip with the old man back in 1986.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 01:28 (Ref:3295006)   #115
modela
Rookie

Canada
Vancouver, BC
modela should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks! I've been reading this forum for some time and thought it was time for me to chime in once in a while.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 14:26 (Ref:3295238)   #116
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

i reckon i've got the pair of you schooled. my old man employs me

i fancy doing 2014, barring any scheduling issues with wsr again. the elms sharing the playground with us at the red bull ring kind of fired up the need to return to the mothership

you folks are a terrible influence
Old 28 Aug 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3295277)   #117
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We do our best bella.......
Old 28 Aug 2013, 16:22 (Ref:3295283)   #118
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you had me at "cheese" after reading reports of this year's get together to be honest. i do hope that'll be a running theme in future meetups!
Old 28 Aug 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3295291)   #119
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i reckon i've got the pair of you schooled. my old man employs me

i fancy doing 2014, barring any scheduling issues with wsr again. the elms sharing the playground with us at the red bull ring kind of fired up the need to return to the mothership

you folks are a terrible influence
Excellent! Have you been before then?
Old 28 Aug 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3295302)   #120
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
you had me at "cheese" after reading reports of this year's get together to be honest. i do hope that'll be a running theme in future meetups!
I think the theme this year was a tremendous success, thanks to those who kindly supplied the vittles (as opposed to Vettels..... ). I suspect that there may well be more of the same in 2014?
Old 28 Aug 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3295359)   #121
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Perhaps we could do Cake, every country has its own favourites and they will be easier to keep, we were lucky that a friend had a fridge because the stilton was getting a little warm by the time we arrived on Wednesday. cake also goes well with wine.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 00:35 (Ref:3295472)   #122
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Excellent! Have you been before then?
in 2012, though somewhat rushed due to grindstone obligations on the thursday and monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Perhaps we could do Cake, every country has its own favourites and they will be easier to keep, we were lucky that a friend had a fridge because the stilton was getting a little warm by the time we arrived on Wednesday. cake also goes well with wine.
this is an excellent idea, though the more... persistent of le mans campsite residents would be perhaps limited to fruit cakes and the longer life variants?

le mans cricket tea, anybody?
Old 29 Aug 2013, 07:02 (Ref:3295527)   #123
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
in 2012, though somewhat rushed due to grindstone obligations on the thursday and monday

this is an excellent idea, though the more... persistent of le mans campsite residents would be perhaps limited to fruit cakes and the longer life variants?

Much to the bemusement of locals, a game of cricket has been seen on our campsite in years gone by.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3295582)   #124
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Plenty of cake can survive a Le Mans campsite, it's just a case of putting your mind to it.

A chocolate and orange variety we've made in the past has survived in perfectly edible form being sent to an old friend serving east of Suez, so I suspect the exigencies of being driven to the Loire and lurking on a campsite for a couple of days won't cause it to come to too much harm.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3295643)   #125
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
We were lucky that a friend had a fridge because the stilton was getting a little warm by the time we arrived on Wednesday.
It came to my attention after Le Mans raceweek that you had asked my friend Matthew if the Stilton could reside in my fridge and that he said no. He had been handing out fridge space to other people before and I firmly told him I was not very happy with that, and at least he did listen to me. Too bad it was your Stilton that became the victim of this. If I had been present at the moment that you came by to ask if it could be possible to keep the cheese in my fridge, you would have gotten a positive answer.

So what I was trying to say is: sorry! Next year any Stilton can be chilled in my facilities