Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 Jan 2004, 08:58 (Ref:840085)   #51
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mark_l
So if there are only 2 of you on post, providing both hold an MSA license then you could sign each others card, for attendence regardless of the grade of marshal.

Is this correct?
Certainly is! The idea of attendance signatures is for someone to say you were there. The grading signature says that not only were you there you did some work to earn it as well, which is why it has to be given by an "X" graded (or higher) person.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 10:28 (Ref:840168)   #52
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just been regraded to "X" and so far have only given one signature which was deserved by the person concerned.
I have my own ideas, like most X's on what does and does not warrant the signing of someones card.
I shall endeavour to follow the BMMC's guidlines for Examining Observers but think that descretion also plays a big part. (I'm still learning - like we all are!)
Old 16 Jan 2004, 11:46 (Ref:840243)   #53
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Received this via email this morning in response to my email to the MSA on Tuesday

"The declaration you are required to sign is effectively the same as the one you sign each time you sign on as a marshal, acknowleding that you have been provided with the opportunity (by your nominating club) to read the MSA regulations.
Your co-operation will enable us to enhance our records, and hence further reduce any duplications on our database, as well as enable us to maintain a consistency across all marshalling disciplines."
Regards
Allan

Allan Dean-Lewis
Head of External Affairs
Motor Sports Association UK
Old 16 Jan 2004, 12:01 (Ref:840255)   #54
mark ch
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepshed
mark ch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just looked at the officials sign on sheet on MSA web page believe blurb on the top of marshals is the same. (Sheila as a COC should know) Their right we sign that at the start of every meeting
Just not the comment on reprimanding us

Officials sign on sheet
http://www.msauk.org/pdfs/Signing_on...icial_Vert.PDF

Interesting other article by the MSA about finding briefing and keeping marshals
http://www.msauk.org/Go_motorsport/m...uideline34.pdf
Old 16 Jan 2004, 12:17 (Ref:840262)   #55
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
...acknowleding that you have been provided with the opportunity (by your nominating club) to read the MSA regulations....
My "Nominating" Club would be the BMMC - they have never "Provided Me With The Opportunity To Read The MSA Regulations" - why should they?

The BMMC provided me with BMMC Club rules!!
Old 16 Jan 2004, 12:21 (Ref:840264)   #56
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by mark ch
...Interesting other article by the MSA about finding briefing and keeping marshals
http://www.msauk.org/Go_motorsport/m...uideline34.pdf

I like the bit that says "The days of treating marshals as an afterthought are gone"

Old 16 Jan 2004, 12:55 (Ref:840290)   #57
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mark ch
Just looked at the officials sign on sheet on MSA web page believe blurb on the top of marshals is the same. (Sheila as a COC should know) Their right we sign that at the start of every meeting
Just not the comment on reprimanding us
I haven't received my marshalling licence yet, although I have received the CoC one, so I haven't seen this piece of paper we are all being asked to sign. When I do get it I will compare it with the declaration in the Blue Book and make a decision as to what to do with it then. I'll let you know my thoughts (and of any MSA steward I decide to speak to) later!

Sheila
Old 16 Jan 2004, 18:09 (Ref:840703)   #58
Alpha Charlie 6
Rookie

Alpha Charlie 6 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is it any wonder the number of marshals is falling so rapidly ? We got past 1984, and the millenium bug without mishap... but it appears that we are going to need the help of the almighty from now on... talk about the Blue blazer Brigade not thinking before they act !
Old 10 Feb 2004, 12:33 (Ref:869423)   #59
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sorry to drag this one out again but Steve and I have now received our Licences for this year. I would just like to put on record how helpful the ladies at the MSA were when I rang them.

Apparently, the notification of change of address hadn't reached them and our marshals licences had been sent to our old address. However, they were happy to amend the database while I was on the phone rather than making me write in with the change and the duplicate licences turned up a week or so later.

The only problem we now have is that the MSA didn't send us a copy of the "dreaded form" so where does that leave us? I didn't want to open a can of worms by asking for one just in case!

Sheila
Old 10 Feb 2004, 12:48 (Ref:869437)   #60
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Sheila,
According to our outgoing grading administrator, you should not worry too much about them - file them in a drawer until such time that they're asked for.
I only know of the BRSCC SW who are asking for them to be returned to their Chief Marshal
Old 10 Feb 2004, 12:50 (Ref:869440)   #61
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
Sheila,
According to our outgoing grading administrator, you should not worry too much about them - file them in a drawer until such time that they're asked for.
I only know of the BRSCC SW who are asking for them to be returned to their Chief Marshal
I wasn't worried about them but I'm curious as to how I can file them in a drawer when I've not received them (I'm assuming you are talking about the dreaded form?)

Sheila
Old 10 Feb 2004, 18:20 (Ref:869714)   #62
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While we are on the subject of MSA, anyone know what the procedure is to change your primary club?? Tried to get hold of Cheryl Lynch at the MSA to ask her but always engaged!!
Old 11 Feb 2004, 08:20 (Ref:870301)   #63
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheila M
....I'm curious as to how I can file them in a drawer when I've not received them...
In that case, find a suitable drawer and "Allocate" it as being THE drawer that the MSA forms will be put in whence they arrive!