Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Feb 2001, 14:01 (Ref:63406)   #1
insider
Rookie

insider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, well well. A little gem of gossip just landed in my lap from a mate in Germany. The Herbert story was very close to the mark, but they picked up on the wrong Astra. Could Thommo have made a jump start? Maybe he doesn't know about it. Is this the big name BMP have up their sleeve?
Old 8 Feb 2001, 14:12 (Ref:63408)   #2
pit rat
Rookie

pit rat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am guessing they mean BTCC instead of DTM

hey now that would be the best news I've heard in yonks.

Herbert in an Astra for the BTCC - STONKIN GOOD he's a real gent and F1 will be the worse for him leaving. If its true, start queuing for Brands tickets right now.

Thompson has done nothing but slag off the British scene anyway - who wants him? Bet Vauxhall don't, there must be a seat for him in the Legends thats more his style anyway.
Old 8 Feb 2001, 17:24 (Ref:63431)   #3
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Herbert in an Astra!? Fantastic!!!!! Btw, is this a BMP orientated scheme, or a Vauxhall idea? If Vauxhall get a star 'fourth driver', does that mean Pug do as well? How about Frank Synther?
Old 8 Feb 2001, 20:00 (Ref:63444)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
According to Autosport's website the Herbert DTM story started on a forum somewhere and was picked up by some unsuspecting journo (hmmm that give's me an idea ). Interesting that the website says the story is complete rubbish but it's in today's printed version.

Seriously though Herbie would be good for the series. He would have been on of my suggestions when the idea of guest drivers was first raised. No obvious TC experience but he does have plenty of race experience and is well know (and popular) with the fans.

Just as long as that doesn't mean we get Louise Goodman as pit lane reporter