Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jan 2002, 02:19 (Ref:195280)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
paul stoddart.....

cut through all the bs and just sign mark webber , everyone knows that alex yoong is nothing compared to alonso - so sign a decent driver, you got plenty of money
Old 8 Jan 2002, 04:35 (Ref:195323)   #2
cjb
Rookie

cjb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree with you if he doesnt sign mark i wont be following minardi
Old 8 Jan 2002, 06:45 (Ref:195339)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
*Thunderous applause go gomicks comments*
Old 8 Jan 2002, 07:33 (Ref:195351)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Gee!! I wonder why Fernando prefers to be a test driver for Benneton? , oops, I mean Renault. Could hte second driver's place at Minardi be the poisoned chalice? I mean, Mark made it very clear at the start of last year that he didn't want a drive at Minardi.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 08:47 (Ref:195364)   #5
M Power
Racer

M Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with a motor deal in place And a lge commitment from KL Paul had enough money to consider looking at HHF and Jos . Mark is a very good choice with testing miles behind him and with lge wraps from FLAV and past history Mark should get the drive. Comon Paul do the wright thing!!!!!!

P.s

I heard a rumor the mark has a mystery back with deep pocket's
and that Mark will be in F1 in minardi in 02

has any else heard this?
Old 8 Jan 2002, 10:28 (Ref:195382)   #6
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by M Power
with a motor deal in place...........

I think that all Minardi lovers are holding their collective breath in the hope that the Asiatech is not the same piece of rubbish that we saw in the Arrows last year. I know there are promises of great things for this year, rumours of an all new engine, but some of us have been running on hope and faith for just too long. Show me the results - show me the power - show me the torque. At this stage, I really couldn't even care if the engine doesn't last the full race - just qualify in the top ten to convince me. $hit!! what am I saying? Fernando left Minardi, didn't he!!
Old 8 Jan 2002, 11:33 (Ref:195393)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Webber deserves a chance.

But Minardi seems to need a money-loaded driver...
Old 8 Jan 2002, 12:32 (Ref:195413)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
But Minardi seems to need a money-loaded driver...
True, but in Yoong they have that driver.

Now they need someone young and quick, who can develop the car and who will drive his balls off to get somewhere.

That driver, with the current talent pool, is either Webber or Jos. But being the patriotic SOB I am, then Webber should get the seat.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 13:53 (Ref:195450)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we drop the patriotism for a moment, as good such a thing is? Minardi NEED Jos or Heinz in the car, and they now have the money to get one of them in the car. If Jos doesn't remain at Arrows, then he's going to end up in the Minardi. I hope.

As for the engine, it's all-new and considerably more powerful than last years. SO COME ON VB!!! WE'RE GONNA SCORE THAT GOD-DAMN POINT!!!
Old 8 Jan 2002, 16:41 (Ref:195526)   #10
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Minardi don't need HHF. They need a fast determined driver and racer. Jos would be ideal. I think he's got the rocks...
Old 9 Jan 2002, 10:45 (Ref:195925)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
Can we drop the patriotism for a moment, as good such a thing is? Minardi NEED Jos or Heinz in the car, and they now have the money to get one of them in the car. If Jos doesn't remain at Arrows, then he's going to end up in the Minardi. I hope.

As for the engine, it's all-new and considerably more powerful than last years. SO COME ON VB!!! WE'RE GONNA SCORE THAT GOD-DAMN POINT!!!
MF, I really need this post of yours.

I have been having a miserable day in Brisbane. The forcast temp of 32 degrees C turned out to be 37 degrees, my daughter came over with my grandson, my neighbours A/C didn't work, and my head was spinning. :confused:

Now that I have read your post, I feel kinda good.
Maybe there is hope when you see light at the end of the tunnel (unless it's a train coming and there is only one line). :confused:
Old 9 Jan 2002, 13:36 (Ref:195973)   #12
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
VB my man, there is ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel. Unless you're driving a Jag or an Arrows.
Old 9 Jan 2002, 13:42 (Ref:195981)   #13
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verstappen is erratic and far too inconsistent. He isn't the leader that Minardi need.

Frentzen proved at Jordan in 1999 and Prost this year that he has what it takes to be a number one driver if his number 2 isn't too good - and Alex Yoong won't be challenging him for a wee while yet.

Simple sums for you people here.

Alex Yoong = Malaysian.

New Minardi Sponsors = Malaysians.

Minardi + Yoong = Big Malaysian bucks.

I can't see them getting rid of the little chap.
Old 9 Jan 2002, 16:49 (Ref:196081)   #14
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
there is ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel.

Whooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

*just stops self singing Light At The End of the Tunnel from Starlight Express*
Old 9 Jan 2002, 17:07 (Ref:196087)   #15
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Total-F1 - I quite agree that Heinz is the man the team really need, but Jos would be better than someone such as Webber or another F1 rookie. And no, Yoong isn't going anywhere. Besides, he didn't really get a chance to show us what he could do last season, did he?
Old 9 Jan 2002, 18:30 (Ref:196143)   #16
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also think that Paul is the right kind of guy to caress Heinz back to 100% - Alain is too busy saving his own ass, whilst Paul is on the crest of a wave...
Old 10 Jan 2002, 02:19 (Ref:196375)   #17
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by M Power
I heard a rumor the mark has a mystery back with deep pocket's
and that Mark will be in F1 in minardi in 02

has any else heard this?
I don't know where this came from. Can you spill some beans?

As far as I know, Mark still has comparatively very little in terms of money. From what I see he's still trudging around with a little bit of dosh from Yellow Pages and Foster's, but nowhere near enough to get a seat based on financial status.

I just have this image in my head of Mark knocking on the doors of every business he can, pleading for someone to give him some money.

As for Mark being a rookie, he might not have raced in F1, but he has a heap of racing experience (2 yrs each in GT and F3000), as well as a full year of testing, where his times were impressive, he didn't put a scratch on the car all year, and he can be legitimately credited with helping to take Benetton up through the field last year.

Mark's dedication is clear to all. Isn't it time we got rid of some of the ungrateful dropkicks in F1, and replaced them with guys like Mark, who would do absolutely anything for a drive?

CAARN PAUL! Do the right thing!
Old 10 Jan 2002, 11:01 (Ref:196459)   #18
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hasn't Frentzen all but (if not already) signed with Arrows, and didn't Verstappen say that he would drive another Asiatech powered car, and Enge is apparently doing F3000 again for Minardi and also Minardi test driver. Stoddart should choose Webber.

If Webber doesn't get this drive, i fear he won't ever.
Old 10 Jan 2002, 11:11 (Ref:196467)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by mac

I just have this image in my head of Mark knocking on the doors of every business he can, pleading for someone to give him some money.
Maybe mark should have a chat with Rene Rivkin
Old 11 Jan 2002, 21:35 (Ref:197239)   #20
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Good news, MF; Paul reckons that they "will have a big uplift in horsepower this year", and he hopes to finish in the top ten. I suppose Prost and ANOTHER better start worrying.
Old 11 Jan 2002, 23:50 (Ref:197328)   #21
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Good news, MF; Paul reckons that they "will have a big uplift in horsepower this year", and he hopes to finish in the top ten. I suppose Prost and ANOTHER better start worrying.
Yes, and that ANOTHER is Toyota... bwa ha ha ha haaaaaa...
Old 11 Jan 2002, 23:54 (Ref:197330)   #22
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Of course you realise someone with experience also refers to Tarso... ;o)

This is from yesterday: (F1.com)

According to reports in the British motorsport press Mark Webber and Justin Wilson are both firmly in line for Minardi's currently vacant second seat.
Webber, who has been acting as Benetton's test driver and whose business affairs are managed by Renault MD Flavio Briatore, had been thought to be considering a move to the US.

However, he now believes that he may still stand a chance at Minardi. "I'm optimistic," Webber told Motorsport News. "Flavio and Bruno (Michel) have been awesome on my behalf.

"Weeks ago they told me not to worry, to be calm and just sit tight and stay fit. But I've been in this spot before so I won't be getting too excited until something is actually signed, on paper. This is the big end of town and things can change very quickly, but yes, I am optimistic."

F3000 champion Wilson has also been named as a possibility by team boss Paul Stoddart. "Our first priority is to go for experience," the Australian told Autosport magazine. "Then it will be the likes of Webber and Wilson.

"And if there's nobody above the likes of those two talent-wise, which I don't think there is, then we'll give it to the one with the best budget."

Stoddart is also thought to be holding out for Heinz-Harald Frentzen's decision on where to race on 2002. Although the German is believed to be close to doing a deal with Arrows, should he be available Stoddart has expressed an interest.

Jos Verstappen has also been revealed to be a potential candidate by the Australian team boss, should he not end up driving for Arrows next year.

Young guns Antonio Garcia, Franck Montagny and Matteo Bobbi will also take part in the team's Valencia test next week.
Old 12 Jan 2002, 04:44 (Ref:197393)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Really, anyone could end up in this second Minardi seat. Let's have a run down:

HHF - best candidate. 3x GP winner and tremendous wealth of experience with teams such as Williams and Jordan. But most likely headed to Arrows, or staying with Prost

Jos - arguably one of the quickest drivers, but does have his off days. Still to live up to that potential everyone thinks he has

Webber - little sponsorship but proved speed with testing at Renault. Will need more money for the seat but the fact he's an Aussie also helps!

Wilson - F3000 champ who does deserve a seat. If reports of a tidal wave of cash is headed to his camp are true, that may get him the seat
Old 12 Jan 2002, 06:57 (Ref:197438)   #24
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
Hasn't Frentzen all but (if not already) signed with Arrows, and didn't Verstappen say that he would drive another Asiatech powered car, and Enge is apparently doing F3000 again for Minardi and also Minardi test driver. Stoddart should choose Webber.

If Webber doesn't get this drive, i fear he won't ever.
If Jos said anything he said that he would never want to drive a car with an Asiatech engine again, but the people at Asiatech where very positive about Jos.
Old 12 Jan 2002, 07:15 (Ref:197442)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Paul Stoddart must feel like Sir Frank with the ammount of drivers he's got to choose from!!